PDA

View Full Version : Preservation of P. Tait's factory in Limerick, Ireland

Ross L. Lamoreaux
03-22-2012, 01:27 AM
http://irishhistoricaltextiles.com/2012/03/21/the-yankees-arent-coming/ I just saw this link thanks to pards Lee White and Justin Runyon. I had no idea the original factory of Peter Tait in Limerick, Ireland is still around, although in terrible shape and about to be lost according to this article. With all the Civil War history that has been lost over the years, its ironic there is still some incredible CW history overseas that is still around (but for how long?).

Micah Trent
03-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks for posting that Ross. A very interesting read. You are right that it is ironic that there is till some incredible CW hisotry oversees. At the same time, it is ashame that they get overlooked. We tend to forget the small role's these places had that made an impact on the war in some way, form, or fashion.

GaWildcat
03-26-2012, 08:19 AM
To preserve commemorate the historic tait s army clothing factory in limerick www.petitiononline.ie

An Epetition is circulating on FB, and based in the Republic, to save the Tate factory...............

Craig L Barry
03-27-2012, 01:07 AM
Yeah, I saw that article on demolishing the Tait factory. Ironic it stood so long, isn't it?
I doubt it is much of a tourist attraction over there, but Tait was quite an interesting figure.