PDA

View Full Version : 23rd OVI Flag preservation project

Bob Minton
03-02-2012, 09:20 PM
The Army of the Ohio Reenactors continue to plug away raising funds for the conservation of the Regimental Flag of the 23rd OVI. The original 23rd is the only unit in American History to have had 2 US Presidents serve in it's ranks. (Hayes and McKinley). $24,000 was needed for the project. Between private donations and our fundraising efforts we are down to needing only about $3,000. You can check our efforts out at: http://www.armyoftheohio.com/preservation/preservation23rdovi.html Need to finish this project....so we can move to the next one!!!!

I'd be more than happy to sell you some excellent, patriotic T-shirts or mugs or to accept a generous donation from you for a wonderful cause! Your donation is tax deductible.

The funds are being contributed to the Ohio Historical Society Save the Flags Program.

I'd also be happy to answer any questions you might have. You can reach me at: bminton@embarqmail.com

If we don't save these precious symbols....who will? With the 150th Anniversary Cycle upon us interest in the war is at a level very rarely seen. Time to strike while the iron is hot to maximize what we can do to preserve our heritage on both sides.

(putting soapbox away)

Regards,
Bob Minton
Army of the Ohio

Best regards,
Bob