PDA

View Full Version : New here

LTschischik
01-29-2012, 01:38 AM
Hey everyone. New here. Looking into the hobby, has always been intrigued. Doing my research, looking forward to reading all of the knowledge here. As well as add my own as time goes on. :)

7tharkinf
01-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the hobby. i have been reenacting for 7 years i have served as a corporal for 6 of those. for history buffs,weapons nuts, and military enthusiests alike it is a wonderfull experience. It allways just starts as a hobby but the more you get involved it becomes a lifestyle. Your unit becomes more like a family and nuthing is better than the fellowship with your comorades around the fire at night. there will be hard times fights and political b.s. but all in all it is a one of a kind experience that takes being there to understand. Good luck in the hobby and i hope your experince is as enjoyable and amazing as mine. Remember that hobby is what u make it and keep your feet warm and your powder dry.

matawas
01-29-2012, 02:06 PM
LTschischik,

I too am new to the hobby, you don't say what area of the country you reside in. If you live in the Nebraska, Iowa, or South Dakota area, I would invite you to fall in with the Fremont Pathfinders.
We portray both federal and confederate depending on the event. We do mounted, dismounted cavalry, mobile artillery, and infantry, once again depending on the event and we belong to the First Federal Division, Muddy River Batallion.

look forward to seeing you on the field

LTschischik
01-31-2012, 02:53 AM
I reside in New Jersey, so quite a distance away. After some research there are quite a few groups in the area. Still looking through gear and doing alot of research before jumping in head first.

misswpaxson
02-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Hello and welcome from another located in New Jersey. If your looking for local events to check out I can to point you towards several in the NJ area.

7tharkinf
02-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Welcome from ARKANSAS!!!!