PDA

View Full Version : Stay away from these guys!!

ewtaylor
03-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Like a moron I strayed from the A/C approved vendors and purchased a belt from the following: http://berdandepot.tripod.com/
I thought I would help out some fellow Kentuckians but have been swindled instead. I ordered one of their double buckle belts on Jan 4. Every few weeks I would get some sort of excuse why it was taking so long (even tho I never emailed them) and then finally on Feb 21 I was told it was on its way. That got me excited so I emailed them a week later to say I never got it. They didnt respond. So I emailed them this past weekend- still no response. Today I called to see what was going on and their phone number has been disconnected. I submitted a claim with paypal but they said my claim does not qualify as a dispute!?
Everett Taylor

Ken Cornett
03-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Everett,

Same goes for a place called Treasure Trove in Webb, Alabama. I ordered a citizen's frock via their Ebay "buy now" deal in April of 2005. I needed it for two events last August. They kept in touch to tell me their problems and such. I tried Ebay for help, but too much time has passed they said. I have written them numerous times, with only a few return emails since the fall. They always have an excuse. I guess the better business bureau will be my next attempt. Oh yeah, I called too, but never a human on the other end.

Their link is http://members.aol.com/deblhudson/civilwar.html

Not an AC approved vendor, but I wasn't needing anything too special. I'm out $145.

7th Cav
03-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Just a tip, but never let any eBay purchase with Pay Pal surpass the limit to file a claim.
I learned the hard way same as you folks that people use excuses and such to surpass the limit, then stick it to you.
File a police report, and also with the FBI internet fraud division. That way there is at least a chance for a bit of "karma vengeance" later on perhaps.
Now, if an eBay auction or Pay Pal payment goes past 14 days and no item I file a claim. Once burned for 194.00 was enough to get no leinince from me on my hard earned money.

madisontigers
03-11-2006, 02:46 AM
Actually, you might try your local law enforcement agency first. I myself am a law enforcement officer, and I would suggest you approach your local agency and ask if your state has a law agains defrauding from a computer? We have it here in NC. You also might try the route of charging them for:"obtaining propery by false pretense." There are numerous charges that can be filed, but you will need to get your local agency involved. I can tell you right now that any fraud amount short of $10,000 will automatically guarantee that the feds wont get involved. This is an issue to take to your local city or county agency.