PDA

View Full Version : Hand Granades at Shiloh.

captain_kirk
12-03-2006, 03:51 PM
Gentlemen,
Let me squash a rumor and put it to rest. No hand thrown explosive devices,wraped in duct tape containing a bag of powder with lit fuses will be allowed at Shiloh. Also no RPGs, Claymores, SAW's, Soviet anti-tank mines, 81mm or 4 point duce inch motars using Willie Peter rounds will be allowed. (However, the standard US Army concussion and fragmentation grenade will be allowed. Let's get real, the user could loose a hand! Or worse, kicked to within an inch of his life for "gross guberism".

PS. Although I have not yet seen the ground and the battle area, Check in and registeration will be at an elementry school adjacent to the area. This might give some of you that know the area where the event will be held. I am told that there will be 15 tables for check in.

Thanks to Tom for the headsup PM regarding the "frags".

modelf85
12-03-2006, 06:31 PM
What about those GI sock bombs that you saw on Saving private Ryan.

I could like take my cotton sock, dip it in saltpork grease and stick some cartridges in it and use some twine as a fuse!

hahahahahah. Im kidding. Please, dont really do that, Cause if you do, just remember what happened to the guy who played with the sticky bomb. . . . he was blown to oblivian.

captain_kirk
12-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Lol , I remember the sticky bomb. As a combat engineeri in the 152nd Armored Battalion, I learned how to stick a claymore to the sides of a tank, apc, for defense purposes. If you got within 40 yards of my "track" I could ruin your whole day!!!!!!