PDA

View Full Version : Shiloh 07 "Statement retraction"

captain_kirk
12-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Gentlemen,
Several weeks ago I stated that 10k had already registered. After rechecking with an individual directly involved with the planning of the event I misunderstood, the facts, they are expecting 10k plus to attend. I am sorry that I caused such consternation. At 60 years of age, I am still actively involved in the military here in Alabama I know how rumors fly around. I do know that the Confederates will have a corps commander (Hardee's Corps) and that there will be two divisions, Cleburne's and 2nd Divisions. We are possibly looking at three brigades in 2nd Division, and two to three in Cleburne's Division. Addition Brigades will be added to both Union and Confederate as registeration increases. We already have additional brigade commanders if the need arises. We hope to have an equal or near equal amount of Union troop. Many units, such as my old company require both impressions and will be assigned to the Union forces as needed.
The battle scenarios are being carefully planed with safety being the utmost consideration. Example, at no time will ramrods be pulled. Absolutely no hand to hand. All artillery tubes must pass a strick inspection by the chief of artillery, therefore check your vents, enlarged vents seems to be one of his pet peeves. I am sure safety regs will be added to the web site. The site only came on line this week.
I and other will be checking the ground next month. This will be my first time there, so I do not know if it will be the old battlefield, all I know is that it adjoins the Park. 800 acres were originally aquired but about 200 more have been added.
I hope the above adds some clairty to the situation. Please continue to check the web site for additional updates or if you cannot find an answer send me a private message, and I will get your question answered for you.
As adjutant of Cleburne's Division, I will be acting as Adjutant for Hardee's Corps, I hope to have some concrete numbers in the near future.
Your most humble servant,
Kirk Fuller
PS: I do need an acomplished drummer or two and a bugler. So, if you are attending, and wish to have some extra duties at HQ in the morning, shoot me a line.

Jeffrey Cohen
12-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Inquiring minds want to know.