PDA

View Full Version : Early War JT Martin Fatigue Blouse

JerseySkilletLicker
11-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Friends:
John T. Martin was among the most prominent contractors during the Civil War used by the Federal Quarter Master Department. Besides 1,060,000 wool flannel sack coats, Martin was contracted for several other items as well, such as trousers, flannel shirts, etc..
- Believed to be early/mid war Martin Contract.
- Plaid lining material of period material that resembles original as
much as possible.
- Sleeve markings: Right sleeve with ‘JOHN T. MARTIN/NEW YORK’
stenciled. Left sleeve with ‘JOHN T. MARTIN/NEW YORK’ stenciled
in reverse, along with sizing dotes and inspector stamp.
- Two piece back collar with two rows stitching.
- Additional row stitching on right facing along were buttons are
located.

The original of this coat is owned by Mike Anderson and this project is a joint effort between Mike and Pat Brown. Coats can be ordered and will be made one at a time. A credit card reserves your coat but will not be debited until the coat ships. You can also pay by check or money order.
Pictures of original coat available upon request.
Price is $180 and is available in sizes up to 48.

Also available are JT Martin issue trousers and '64 contract coat.

chase196126
11-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Joe,

Does this production mean that Pat Brown is back from his tour in Iraq? Or will Mr. Anderson be sewing the coat while Pat is gone?

I have a sack coat made by Pat and it is a beauty! I love wearing it and i highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new coat. The fit of the coat is amazing, Pat obviously knew what he was doing when he drafted his pattern (the neckline is right where it should be with none of the odd wrinkling around the shoulders that is caused by drafting the natural neck line too high.)

Chase Pinkham

JerseySkilletLicker
11-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Chase,
Pat and Mike have been working together for many, many years and while Pat is still in Iraq, this project was initiated before he left. Mike is a great craftsman in his own right...ask anyone who owns one of his quilts.

chase196126
11-29-2006, 10:42 PM
Thanks for letting me know. I was wondering because i live only a few miles from Mr. Brown and have met him on a few occasions when i ordered items ect. I have never met Mr. Anderson but i hear he is a great fellow. I hope Pat will be home safe and sound very soon.

Chase

JerseySkilletLicker
12-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Chums,
Here is a picture of the lining being used, it is very close to the original and we are very pleased with it. The first blouses are being made and shipped so order yours soon!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q87/winger6049/JTlining3.jpg

John Legg
12-14-2006, 06:52 AM
i really like that lining. ill be getting one of those blouses. once i have money :rolleyes: