PDA

View Full Version : Civilian group in North Carolina

southern_belle1861
11-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Hey everyone.
I'm looking for an authentic reenacting group and Central North Carolina. I'm currently part of one, but it doesn't seem to do much.
I'm not too particular if its just civilians or military with a civilian offspring group. Know any?

Capt Terry
12-07-2006, 08:32 PM
Hey Southern Belle,

I'd encourage you to check out our unit. Many of us live in Central NC and we'd welcome you. Please let me know and I'll put you in touch with one or more of our civilians.

Please let me know.

Longbranch 1
12-08-2006, 08:56 AM
Southern Belle,

You might want to check out www.26nc.org/. The military organization is very good . There is a listing for civilian SBS on the website. Contacts are listed there, or maybe come to the Mordecai House in Raleigh this Saturday Dec. 9th for a living history event. Proceeds to the New Bern Monument.
I am sure someone more knowledgeable than myself can answer any questions you might have.

Hope this helps,
Kevin Ellis
26th NCT

GQFDFireman44
12-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Southern Belle,

I can say that the 26th is a good unit, I myself used me be in the 4th Regiment and I fought with the 26th a few times, they are a good unit...some good members...

southern_belle1861
12-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Thanks Longbranch! I had looked at the 26th NC, but some requirments made it hard for me to join. It looked like a great group though!

Capt Terry: I had been looking to contact you guys. I tried to send you a few email, but my email account wouldn't let me.

madisontigers
12-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Southern B.,

Hi, I saw your question, and I realized that I may be of some help. If you are looking for an authentic civilian organization, then you may look at the following orgs..:)

I. Atlantic Guard Soldiers Aid Society ( This is a great civilian outfit).

II. If your looking for an authentic society, steer clear of certain afore mentioned societies, and look at a society such as AGSAS.