PDA

View Full Version : looking in WV/VA/MD

Mpiper
11-21-2006, 01:11 AM
We are looking for a unit or group to join before this upcoming season. We live in the Harpers Ferry / Martinsburg, WV area. My husband has done Confederate military for 14 years but also has a union and civilian kit together and I have been involved in civilian reenacting for 10 years. We are looking to do events close to home. If anyone knows of a group/unit, please contact us here on the froum.

Thanks!!!

Chuck A Luck
11-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Consider 2nd Maryland, Co. H. We're always accepting new recruits with the right attitude and the desire to "to it right." Many of us also have a Federal impression for when the need arises (and it frequently does). Our members hail from Maryland -- both eastern & western parts -- as well as Virginia, Pennsylvania, & W. Virginia. We support a wide variety of events, from mainstream (Cedar Creek) to local (New Market Days, New Market Maryland) to c/p/h (Sharpshooter's COI at Pamplin Park, Summer of '62, McDowell), so there's something for almost all "levels".

Our website can be found here:
http://www.geocities.com/maryland_2nd_company_h/

If you want to shoot even a little higher, consider instead (or in addition to), the Chesapeake Volunteer Guard, many of whose members come from Maryland and Virginia.
http://www.chesapeakevolunteerguard.org/

Contact info for either group can be found thereon, or reply here.

Anders
11-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Since I live about 15 minutes from Harpers Ferry, I would like to echo Charlie's comments, and if you are interested in the CVG, drop me an email at ltcolcsa@hotmail.com or call at 301-432-6805

Pards,

MDRebCAv
11-21-2006, 03:13 PM
The CVG is a top-notch group. But just in case you were not looking to do infantry, the 1st Maryland Cavalry Battalion, CSA has a dismounted company, a mounted company, and an attached artillery battery. The ladies of our unit portray the Maryland Bible Society. We have members from Maryland, Pennsylvania...and even one from New York.

If interested drop me an email at MDRebCav@gmail.com or check out our website at www.1stmarylandcav.com

----Dan

Capt Terry
11-26-2006, 12:21 PM
We are looking for a unit or group to join before this upcoming season. We live in the Harpers Ferry / Martinsburg, WV area. My husband has done Confederate military for 14 years but also has a union and civilian kit together and I have been involved in civilian reenacting for 10 years. We are looking to do events close to home. If anyone knows of a group/unit, please contact us here on the froum.

Thanks!!!

Please consider our group. Some of us live in NC, but we have just as many mebers in VA and do the overwhelming number of events in VA, the valley central and northern parts of the state. We are family oriented, have good standards and enjoy reenacting. Take a look at our website at: http://1stky.org/login.php

You'll have to register, but that is painless and you can get an idea of who we are. Please feel free to email me at: Wildky@earthlink.net.

Meanwhile, good luck and we wish you well.

MStuart
11-26-2006, 06:52 PM
If skirmish (dismounted) cavalry is in your thinking, give us a look at www.geocities.com/stuartscavalry/3462.html
We're mainstream, serious about our impressions, and are not the stereotypical CS dismounted unit. HQ is in W. Pa.

Mark Stuart