Michigan Lost. :(

ohio state won :mad:

AHHHHHHH

John! LOL

WHAHOO!!!:mrgreen:

Elizabeth

John Legg
11-18-2006, 10:12 PM
I am a Michigan fan, but i gotta say it was a tight game.

if onle we got the onside kick! ahhh!!!!!!!

Union Navy
11-20-2006, 11:29 AM
How extremely unfortunate for Michigan. You poor, misguided fans.
OHIO STATE! On to Victory!

OSU '81 (I used to live in a dorm under the west stands of the horseshoe)

Radar
11-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Go Buckeyes

paul hadley
11-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Was there a game or something going on Saturday? ;^)
Paul Hadley
Lincoln, Husker Nation

toptimlrd
11-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Paul Hadley
Lincoln, Husker Nation

Sure was, Federals took the lead early but on Sunday the Confederates regrouped and pushed back hard to ultimately win the match.

I think that the Federals have the best chance of winning by season's end though.

(tounge firmly in cheek) ;-)

Forquer
11-20-2006, 02:45 PM
.................there are those of us in the Buckeye State who are Buckeyes by virtue of the fact that we were born here, and could care less about the Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College. Go Bobcats! (Who are battling for conference title and bowl bids for the first time in almost 40 years)

I will admit, though, that I see the last few victories over the State Up North by Mr. Tressell, et al, as some small vindication for Ohio losing the "Toledo War." (Michigan got the UP and all we got was a 6-mile strip of swampland that included Toledo.)

On to the International Bowl (Toronto, ONT, Jan 6th, 2007)

YOS,

John Legg
11-20-2006, 02:58 PM
lets just hope that USC fails to beat notredame. if that happen Michigan and ohio state might be playing again. Still Michigan is #2

John

Joanna
11-21-2006, 02:51 AM
Wow, how cool to hear from Ohio State fans! Not too many here in Minnesota! Do they still have Block "O" in the stands (the student section where they hold up the cards?) I spent every home game there for 4 years. I didn't see it, but I missed part of the game.

Joanna (O-HI-O)

Hog-Eye Man
11-22-2006, 01:40 PM
OSU!!

Hog-Eye, in the Buckeye State.

Linda Trent
11-22-2006, 08:01 PM
OSU '81 (I used to live in a dorm under the west stands of the horseshoe)

I was a student at OSU for one quarter in 1980. My parents thought I just got expensive football tickets, on them! :rolleyes: Not the world's best seats either, open end of the horseshoe, durn near froze to death during the OSU/Mich game, left early.

Seriously though, after a few years, a mission, etc... I settled down and went to Kent State (no one moves there for the football program.;) )

Poor Dad paid for those OSU tickets for a few years. :cry: To top it all off, my dad hated OSU football.:evil:

Linda.

Forquer
11-23-2006, 12:02 AM
I settled down and went to Kent State (no one moves there for the football program.;) )

Linda.

Linda -

You were at Kent at the same time I was at O.U. If you recall, during those years it came down to our 2 schools annually battling for the basement in the nation.

YOS,

Robert A Mosher
11-23-2006, 01:31 PM
John

Since this is the whine cellar I think it fair to note your quote:

"Badges, we dont need no stinkin badges - from Blazing Sadles(When recruiting the "army" LOL)"

and then point out that this is originally from "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" - in case you hadn't watched that classic film. As much as I love Blazing Saddles (it's my choice for Mel's 3rd Broadway show after "Young Frankenstein" which is now in development) the line was not original (not that much is original in a Mel Brooks film) to that movie but was direct reference to the classic John Huston film starring Humphrey Bogart.

Robert A. Mosher

Sgt_Pepper
11-24-2006, 01:09 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinking_badges

Trooper Graham
11-24-2006, 02:31 PM
If ever there was a perfect mexican bandit it was Alfonso Bedoya. He played the bandit in other movies too.

reb64
11-27-2006, 10:53 PM
Paul Hadley
Lincoln, Husker Nation

this was the big game, love seeing those jayhawkers crushed in battle

Milliron
11-28-2006, 05:12 AM
.................there are those of us in the Buckeye State who are Buckeyes by virtue of the fact that we were born here, and could care less about the Ohio Agricultural and Mechanical College. Go Bobcats! (Who are battling for conference title and bowl bids for the first time in almost 40 years)

I will admit, though, that I see the last few victories over the State Up North by Mr. Tressell, et al, as some small vindication for Ohio losing the "Toledo War." (Michigan got the UP and all we got was a 6-mile strip of swampland that included Toledo.)

On to the International Bowl (Toronto, ONT, Jan 6th, 2007)

YOS,

Hear, hear! Oldest university west of the Alleghenies (1804). Something I love to point out to rivals Miami (OH), who have to settle for second at 1809.

Forquer
11-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Hear, hear! Oldest university west of the Alleghenies (1804). Something I love to point out to rivals Miami (OH), who have to settle for second at 1809.

Bob -

Point the First: One is never a former Bobcat.

Point the Second: Friends don't let friends go to Miami.

Point of correction: OU wasn't the first institution of higher learning west of the Alleghenies. Pitt makes the claim back to 1787. We were, however, the first institution of higher learning in the Northwest Territory.

We're actually going to our first bowl game since 1968!

YOS,

Milliron
11-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Point the Second: Friends don't let friends go to Miami

Death to the turtleneckers! (unknown graffiti artist, men's room, Union Bar and Grill, c.1987)

Thank you for the correction. I knew there was a first in there somewhere. Of course, I remain a Bobcat forever. Heck, I was born in Athens. Although I am a Buckeyes fan (always was), I still will not wear an OSU sweatshirt--just doesn't seem right to me. My wife teases me about it all the time.

Go Bucks and 'Cats!