PDA

View Full Version : Some people are not getting the system emails.

RobertSzabo
02-10-2006, 03:44 PM
It could be a spam blocker on your end thinking the system emails are spam. Im not sure though.

If you dont get the system email in a timely manner, say an hour after registering. Email me and Ill get you set up.

moderator (at) cwreenactors.com

tompritchett
02-11-2006, 12:57 PM
It could be a spam blocker on your end thinking the system emails are spam. Im not sure though.

If you dont get the system email in a timely manner, say an hour after registering. Email me and Ill get you set up.

Two points. First, what is your email address? I am on but my Bn Commander, who had been a member for years, can not. He is not getting the confirmation emails. Obviously for him, or anyone else to email me about not getting on, they have to know the address. Could you post it (or re-post it) in this thread so that people having trouble registering can readily find it.

Second, I am wondering whether or not these registration problems are associated with a limited number of Internet provider services - again, as you suggested, because of their spam filters. I can remember in my old unit, AOL would periodically start blocking all emails to our AOL members that were routed through the unit's Yahoo.com based email mailing list.

imported_moderator
02-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Tom,

Bob put the email address there at the close of his message, but out of kindness to my inbox load, he wrote it differently than you may be used to seeing.

We do this to foil programs that read forums and extract email addresses and then spam the address.

The address has been and still is: moderator (at) cwreenactors.com

You just have to add in the little @ "at" sign there.

Once the forums get most of the bugs worked out, we'll rework the email system so I can read them directly off the servers. For now, you can reach me direct at cwr.provost (at) yahoo.com. I'll try to check it daily.

To sum up: for now, to work out technical stuff, email Bob at the moderator address.

As for AOL, well, I'll let my silence say it all.

Respectfully,

Provost

dugel
02-17-2006, 02:46 PM
AOL person here and I check my spam folder daily. Never got a notification in the inbox or spam folder, just thought I would try logging in after a few days.

I get this notice when hitting the post reply button above and below the thread:

"No post ID was specified"

Not sure if that is part of the parameters you have set up, or a glitch.

Pat Cunningham

Kimmel
02-17-2006, 07:09 PM
AOL person here and I check my spam folder daily. Never got a notification in the inbox or spam folder, just thought I would try logging in after a few days.

I get this notice when hitting the post reply button above and below the thread:

"No post ID was specified"

Not sure if that is part of the parameters you have set up, or a glitch.

Pat Cunningham

Same here (I'm not AOL however I'm Optimum). I can log on and reply using the reply button, but not the post reply. I recieve the "No post ID was specified" also.

Radar
02-18-2006, 10:44 AM
I've got AOL too and had the same problem, no notification in SPAM or anything. I sent Bob an email and he fixed my account.