PDA

View Full Version : Fox's Gap

doc13thnc
06-01-2011, 04:37 PM
We received permission to build a walking trail from the Reno Mounument to The North Carolina Monument at Fox's Gap. This will get people off Lamb's Knoll Rd and prevent anyone from getting killed. We will do this work JUne 10-11, help is needed.Bring gloves, rakes, brush cutters and a desire to help. No live trees will be cut just brush and dead wood. I will be on site June 9,10,11,12. This is our continuing effort to improve this area. Your help would be appreciated. A chipper would be greatly appreciated.
Rex Hovey
13th NC
Charlotte, NC

Anders
06-02-2011, 09:17 AM
Rex,

Will see what I can do....

Pards,

doc13thnc
06-13-2011, 08:37 PM
The Gen Garland Trail is finished from the Reno Monument to The North Carolina Monument, a total of 1180 ft. This is a beautiful addition to the battlefield . Please go bye and enjoy it, compliments of the 13th NC Co B.

Pvt_McIntire
06-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Many many thanks for your excellent work! I'm only sorry I could not get out there to help. I love South Mountain and can't wait to check out your new trail.

Quickstep
06-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Just went up and checked it out. You guys did all that in one weekend?! Very impressive. It sure adds a lot to the area, which is turning into an impressive Civil War stop with the new historical markers, the memorial to Garland, the Reno Monument, the 17th Michigan marker, and now the NC monument with the new trail leading up to it. Your monument and this trail are wonderful improvements to the area.

Three lusty huzzahs for the 13th NC Co B! :)

(I wish I could have been here to help, but I had a previous commitment to help with another event that weekend. If you ever have another project planned, count me in.)