PDA

View Full Version : War time equipment Leather research....

Ken R KNopp
11-05-2006, 10:44 PM
For those interested in leather production, tanning, etc. as it relates to war-time equipment production (Federal and Confederate) we wish to freely share some research information. This site contains some interesting and documented research (some complete and some in progress) and links to other free sites with related material.
Much of this information is new to modern readers, historians and reenactors although pretty standard fare for the 19th century tanner, ordnance officer or war time contractor. We have other work in progress that will soon be made here and/or published in other periodicals. We hope you find it enlightening, useful and interesting. Ken R Knopp

http://www.jarnaginco.com/Leather%20&%20equipment%20articles.htm

MODERATORS: Please note this site is NOT an advertisement nor endorsement for any vendor. If you read it you will find it simply is what it is- freely sharing some of our research information. I do not wish to offend anyone nor create an "issue" of any kind. so, if the moderators disapprove of this post and link then you have my sincere apologies and my humble request to remove it immediately. Thank you! Ken R Knopp

Sgt_Pepper
11-06-2006, 07:40 AM
Mr. Knopp, the articles are very interesting and informative and I see no endorsement problems here. Thank you for bringing them to our attention.

tompritchett
11-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Mr. Knopp, the articles are very interesting and informative and I see no endorsement problems here. Thank you for bringing them to our attention.

I also agree with SGT Peppers assessment. (Ditto, has too few letters to get past the minimum character filter.)

3rdUSRedleg
11-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Outstanding!!!:-P
Thank You so much Sir for this information!!!!!!!

Provost
11-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Not a problem. We have no approved vendors list. Some forums operate around an ethic of authenticity. Ours revolves around the manner in which discussion is carried out. All we ask is that folks operate in a spirit of respect for others. Each has their place and their value.

Your post was most welcome information. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Provost

NC5thcav
11-10-2006, 11:10 AM
For those interested in leather production, tanning, etc. as it relates to war-time equipment production (Federal and Confederate) we wish to freely share some research information. This site contains some interesting and documented research (some complete and some in progress) and links to other free sites with related material.
Much of this information is new to modern readers, historians and reenactors although pretty standard fare for the 19th century tanner, ordnance officer or war time contractor. We have other work in progress that will soon be made here and/or published in other periodicals. We hope you find it enlightening, useful and interesting. Ken R Knopp

You had a post on the AC a while back before thecrash about cavalry using infantry gear. I posted a return from a western CS cavalry unit detailing their equipment. All that was lost in the crash. I sure wish I could find that return again.