PDA

View Full Version : Defarbing question

skamikaze
11-02-2006, 12:29 AM
i have heard that there is a guy who does a great job defarbing muskets in harper's ferry.

does anyone know anything about this person or do they exist? especially along the lines of contact info. also, any feedback on whether they do good work as i have heard.

Richard Schimenti
11-02-2006, 06:08 AM
The man that you a refering to is John Zimmerman. of Harpers Ferry,W.V.

I have just sent my 1970 Birmingham made Parker Hale Enfield to him to be restored. I was truly impressed by Mr. Zimmerman in the amount to time that he took with me on the phone, answering my questions and helping me make decisions about the work that is to be done.

I am having my musket totally defarbed and reblued , new case colors for the lock plus proper front sight and replacement of the blade on the rear sight, for approx. $180.00.

The estimated time he will have my musket will be two weeks.

You can find him on the web by looking up John Zimmerman or his phone number is 304 535 2558.

His address is 1239 Washington St. Harpers Ferry, W.V. 25425

His web sight explains all the work available and his prices.

Richard Schimenti
2nd Kentucky Cav. Col. D ( Morgan's Raiders)

Sgt_Pepper
11-02-2006, 06:08 AM
http://www.edsmart.com/jz/

ejazzyjeff
11-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Question, do you need to call in advance before showing up to drop off a weapon to be worked on or defarbed.

vicka
11-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Yes, call ahead. John is very busy, and makes several gun shows, so may be out of the shop. Also Harper's Ferry is often full of tourists and hard to navigate. Call before showing up.
Steve Sullivan

ejazzyjeff
11-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Yes, call ahead. John is very busy, and makes several gun shows, so may be out of the shop. Also Harper's Ferry is often full of tourists and hard to navigate. Call before showing up.
Steve Sullivan

Thanks. I've heard he is busy.