PDA

View Full Version : 1830's-1860's Custom Made Overcoat Reproduction.

Captain John Jarrett
03-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Hi All,

For sale is a custom made Overcoat made by a gent out of Canada. I was told when I purchased the coat that this was one of two made for Beau Bridges while appearing in the mini-series Into the West.

Apparently he did not wear this one as when I bought it it was in new unworn condition. I can't confirm the above story and I don't have a copy of the show to see if the one he did wear looks likes this one.

I can however say that this is one superbly made overcoat, and it has only been worn by myself twice. So for all intent purposes it is still new.

It is made of a medium weight 100% Wool, with a plaid/check pattern.
Fully lined in satin or something very similar to satin.
Faux Fur on collar and cuffs. Nicest faux I have ever seen or felt, you will not believe it's not real.
No outside or inside pockets.

Will fit a person with between a 42 & 44 inch chest, of course buttons can be moved to make it looser or tighter depending on your preference for fit. I had planned on moving the buttons over a little because it is a bit tight in the waist but have not done so at this time.

It is however made for someone at least 6' or taller, I am 6'2 and the length of the coat and the sleeves fit me perfectly! Coat hits at just above my knees.

It was made as a man's coat but I would think that if a woman were tall enough it would look good on her as well.

I do not want to have to sell this coat but sometimes you don't get to choose what you want to do. So here it is and I hope someone who likes it as much as I do will wear it in good health.

Price is $275 $20.00 shipping. For what it is I really think this is a very good price. If you disagree make me an offer, the worst I can say is no thank you. Contact me at johnnyshoes@netzero.com if you need/want other info. or to talk price.

USPS Priority Mail shipping with insurance & delivery confirmation is included in the $20.00 shipping amount.

Thanks very much for looking.

Regards, John.