PDA

View Full Version : Rebel unit in the mid-Michigan area

Shortround
03-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Anybody have good suggestions for a Rebel Unit in the mid-Michigan area? Thanks.

lincolnsguard
03-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Yes,
Pick another state.

There are none.

That's Yankeedom central.

50th VA Corporal
03-11-2011, 03:31 PM
I believe Medich's battalion has some members coming from that area.

Another option is the 50th Virginia Co. D - we are just south of the border in Indiana and have had Michigan members (we do Jackson, Michigan with our battalion). Our website is www.the50thvacod.com

We have a member that comes in from Canada and some from down as far as Indianapolis & near Chicago area.

We do four to five battalion level events and also tip-toe up towards your area.

Always looking for a few good men.

James T. Lemon
Captain - 50th Va Co. D

flattop32355
03-11-2011, 06:17 PM
Go with Medich; about the best you'll come up with.

50th VA Corporal
03-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Go with Medich; about the best you'll come up with.

I do agree about the Medich Battalion - they always looked good on the field in all they do. Our battalion, the Independent Guard, has shared the field with them at Jackson a few times and it always worked out harmoniously.

johnerys
03-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Our ssister unit in the Medich Bttn refered to above is the 5th Texas Co E and they are a great unit. You can contact them here:

http://www.5thtexascoe.com/

Hope to see you on the field this summer

Dodgeman1941
03-13-2011, 12:22 PM
Depends what your looking for, 2nd Kentucky "Morgan's Artillery" is combined artillery / infantry unit. We will be fielding 3 to 4 mountain howizers this season and keeping true to the use of a mountain howizers we {when possibe} try to use them in the correct fashion as infantry support, hence the addition of infantry to our group. We are based in Southwestern Michigan {Grand Rapids, K-zoo area}. This year's schedule includes trips to Mt Pleasant, Port Salinac, and a couple trips to Ill. among other places.

Come see us at the address below or sent me a PM and I'll forward you a couple of e-mail addresses to contact.

http://www.civilwar.net/