PDA

View Full Version : CWPT New Name & Logo

Micah Trent
01-11-2011, 12:26 PM
The Civil War Preservation Trust has gone with a new name and modern look.
Visit www.civilwar.org to view.

Ross L. Lamoreaux
01-11-2011, 12:28 PM
I got that email yesterday as well. I understand their reasonings, and its a fine organization that does lots of good work, but they've changed names and logos more than my ex mother-in-law. At least the same folks are in place and I'm sure they'll continue the fight for preservation causes.

DColeman
01-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Yea I remember doing the survey for that. I kept thinking "what's wrong with the way it is now?"

Marc
01-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Yea I remember doing the survey for that. I kept thinking "what's wrong with the way it is now?"

I did the survey also...I think too often businesses and non-profits start thinking too much about their "Brand" (which appears to be the latest buzzword). I am glad the same people are involved and I am sure my dollars to them will help preserve the battlefields.

Micah Trent
01-11-2011, 02:07 PM
I got that email yesterday as well. I understand their reasonings, and its a fine organization that does lots of good work, but they've changed names and logos more than my ex mother-in-law. At least the same folks are in place and I'm sure they'll continue the fight for preservation causes.

I love their work and have had the opportunity to volunteer with them on several occasions, but I didn't quite understand the reason, though it is given, why they needed a new logo. Oh well...it is what it is, eh?

Union Navy
01-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Part of "branding" is not to confuse the consumer. Changing logos and names tends to do that. If you have significant recognition and good will attached to your brand, you don't go changing it. Remember "New Coke." Possibly "office furniture-indiced brain shrinkage" is to blame. And they should use an older version Confederate flag.

Guess that MBA was good for something after all.