PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Anonymous
03-02-2006, 11:27 PM
I looking for campsites and having trouble doing research to find them you guys have any ideas as to how I might go about finding a campsite. I live in Jackson TN and I know there where some campsite around my area. If you have any ideas please e-mail me at wlane@williamsequipment.com

HighPrvt
03-03-2006, 06:56 AM
You ain't going to find many people that'll give up their huntin' sites. :lol:

Radar
03-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Camp site for what? Living history or reenactment? If it's just plain ol' camping, why post here? This is the CIVIL WAR forum, not campers international.

Provost
03-07-2006, 12:36 PM
If you're looking for help finding CW era campsites, here is an idea. You might try perusing a copy of the Orders and Records and looking for reports on who camped where. Once you knew the units that had been in the area, you could research unit histories that might give you more details of what, where and who.

There are relic hunter clubs all over the country. You might try joining one and seeing what areas have been covered and where might be "fresh ground."

If you want to discuss particular units and historical events, please feel free to drop a message in our General Discussion Forum. This forum is reserved for learning how to use our forum's software and similar technical issues.

Respectfully,