PDA

View Full Version : Need soldiers for filming, April 1st

Jubal Early
03-02-2006, 10:26 PM
We are working on a video on the Battle of Lynchburg for the Sandusky historic site and we need soldiers for some specific scenes we need to film.

Our first date is Sat. afternoon, April 1st, 1 - 5pm in Lynchburg, Virginia on a beautiful private farm.

We need young Confederates (17-25) that can pass for VMI cadets. That's all we need for now, but for later filming we'll need civilians, children, and soldiers 17-45, and men 45-80.

The uniform will be mid to late war Confederate, shell jacket, and a dark blue cap (forage or kepi), and three band rifle. We have some clothing & headgear if someone is lacking something.

One thing I can use is extra rifles/muskets. We will NOT be doing any firing. I will be outfitting some a few locals and have the clothes, but need some guns.

We will film scenes of the VMI cadet corps marching, entrenching, and in trenches.

BONUS!!!!! We will get a tour of an original Confederate earthern fort that is on the private property where we are filming.

This video is for a private, non-profit foundation. We don't have pay but we'll provide lunch. If you live in Richmond, Charlottesville, Roanoke, Staunton, Danville areas, this would be an easy day trip for you.

For more information please contact me at civilwar@historicsandusky.org

Thank you,

Greg Starbuck