PDA

View Full Version : Speak up or be swept out! :)

Provost
10-15-2010, 06:49 PM
If you're a new user here and you "can't post and can't see pictures" it means you haven't read the instructions.

Send me a PM, (or an email, but prefer PM), and let me know you're not a spambot. Then I'll validate your account and the system will send you an email to verify your email address. Click on the link and you're good to go.

However...

If I don't hear from you by next Friday I'm going to erase the backlog of 1,200 "pending memberships" and wipe the slate clean.

We're trying to work out a system that will speed up the validation process. That huge backlog is a pain to search through.

So... 1) read the directions. 2) follow the directions.

Simple. ;)

Provost

Provost
10-29-2010, 06:01 PM
The sweeping is done. As of this moment, if you are not a registered user your membership is kaput. You'll have to start over and re-register.

Provost

Provost
11-02-2010, 01:54 PM
If you have recently been "swept out" and would still like to be a member here, please start over and sign up as though it was the first time. Unfortunately, that is your only alternative to be a member here now.

Please do not email me saying you'd tried to be a member before and somehow I'm supposed to validate your account now. If you get that "you've been deleted" email, it means just that. There is no longer a record to validate.

There were numerous posts over the last three months, and emails, telling you to send me a PM. I heard nothing so I had to clear out the dead wood on a list that had grown far too long (1,200+ names).

I understand this will be frustrating for some, but it's the best system we've found to keep out the trolls and robo-spammers.

I have gotten several emails giving me a hard time about all this. Doing so will only erode my belief that you understand what the term "respectful debate" really means. This could be annoying for us both.

Provost

Provost
11-14-2010, 07:24 PM
I've already got over 100 new members in the que who have not sent me a PM to let me know they're not "legit." I will "sweep out" and clear the list again around Dec. 1. So if you've tried to join up here and can't seem to post or view pictures, send me a PM right away.

Provost

Provost
12-07-2010, 06:14 PM
As promised. If you hadn't contacted me, I've erased your "application" as of just now.

If you signed up before this time stamp and want to be validated, you'll have to sign up again first.

Provost