PDA

View Full Version : 6th Alabama Company E. looking for recruits

Sgt Hendricks
03-02-2006, 01:28 PM
The 6th Regiment Alabama Volunteer Infantry Company E. is looking for new members. We are a Family oriented group from Ohio, We do how ever strive for authenticity in our presentation on the field, and in drill. We have a Command staff of experienced Reenactors that are willing to help all newcomers to the hobby. We also do have many members active in the 1st Ohio Volunteer Cavalry Company A. Membership in both is not necessary. We portray the average soldier from Alabama in The Army of Northern Virginia from 1861-1865.

Please feel free to contact,

Sgt. Steve Hendricks at
sgthendricks@yahoo.com

Radar
03-02-2006, 03:19 PM
What part of Ohio and what's your website?

Sgt Hendricks
03-02-2006, 08:11 PM
well we have members all over the state so anywere really our website is www.1stovc.com but it is being worked on but it has some basic info on it.

-Steve

Remise
03-05-2006, 09:47 AM
One of the photos on your Website shows two people standing almost toe to toe, pointing pistols directly at one another.

I normally try to avoid making critical comments about anybody else or their unit, but if you know any firearms experts or law enforcement people, you might want to ask them about the effects of a pistol -- even loaded with a blank round -- being discharged within two or three feet of another person when pointed right at them.

I am sure you are all very nice people, but I have to say I would urge anyone I knew not to join your unit just based upon that photo alone. If it does not really reflect your unit's safety policies, you might considering pulling it from your Web site.

B.C. Milligan
Company K, 1st Penna. Reserves[/url]

Sgt Hendricks
03-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Yes I know about that photo, That was taken actually during filming of a court martialing that was shown on a local community channel, I can also assure you that neither weapon is loaded, due to the fact that I checked both weapons prior to that as did the ordance sgt, and provost marshal. There was some argument about the photo on the website with in the unit but there is supposed to be a caption along with it. Anyway there are no rounds in those guns, not even caps or anything. Just to clear that up.