PDA

View Full Version : Shiloh '07

WestTN_reb
10-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Has anyone else seen the announcement about Shiloh. The Alabama Division's webpage announced that Tom and Ken Doss are putting it on March 16-18 on the site where the '04 event was held. I for one am excited!

John Spain

Reliccrazy
10-09-2006, 11:46 PM
Awesome, two Shiloh events within a month of each! The big powder burner and a great LH. Dang! I can walk to both these events with ease! Sorry just had to brag a little. :) O yeah, where was the 2004 Shiloh held, little north of the park or more south? Only been in the area about a year and a half.

WestTN_reb
10-10-2006, 12:18 AM
I don't know about the 2004 event, but the 2002 event was held in Michie. That was the 140th and one heck of a powder burner. For info on the location, get Tom Doss' email from the Alabama Division site.

John Spain

Memphis
10-10-2006, 08:46 AM
I saw this announcement posted recentlyhttp://farbreenactors.iforumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=315&mforum=farbreenactors for a Shiloh event. It could be the same event.

shockfuel
10-10-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't know about the 2004 event, but the 2002 event was held in Michie. That was the 140th and one heck of a powder burner. For info on the location, get Tom Doss' email from the Alabama Division site.

John Spain

If I remember correctly, it was also rather hot there. They had the Hunley Replica there too, right? Or was that at Manassas?

WestTN_reb
10-10-2006, 11:21 PM
That's the one.

Memphis
10-11-2006, 10:45 AM
With Easter falling on April 8th it makes sense to shift the dates either early or late. The weekend of March 17-18th includes St. Patrick's day, so that could mean an opportunity for authentic Civil War observances of that holiday. Get the word out!

Pvt. Richardson
10-11-2006, 06:33 PM
The event will be held at the sight near Michie, Tennessee. This will be the first time in a long while that we have had the chance to bring The War back, into West Tennessee, on a large scale. I'm very excited that this is really going to happen. Hats Off to the Doss Brothers.
Greg Richardson

Reliccrazy
10-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Would that be near Harrison or Joe dilon road OR is it nearer where the town of Michie is? Even better is there a map of the site?

Mint Julep
10-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Has anyone else seen the announcement about Shiloh. The Alabama Division's webpage announced that Tom and Ken Doss are putting it on March 16-18 on the site where the '04 event was held. I for one am excited!

John Spain

The webpage in question:
http://www.alabamadivision.org/

I recommend everyone visit it as part of your preparation for this heralded event.

MJ

Rob Weaver
10-31-2006, 09:48 PM
I saw this announcement posted recentlyhttp://farbreenactors.iforumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=315&mforum=farbreenactors for a Shiloh event. It could be the same event.
Is this forum for real? Surf around in it a bit. Foul as some of the material may be, it is a pretty funny send-up of some of our oh-so-profound musings.

David Hulsey
11-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I sure hope we have more federals there this time around.'02 the ratio's were just awful,I would normally go gray to this event but if I go I will go blue.If they can't get enough federals they should require units to galvinize,because last time the numbers were just awful.

David Hulsey.
62nd Alabama,Co.A

captain_kirk
11-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Heck boys, I excited and a member of the Alabama Division. Internal sources predict that 10k troops could show up!!!!

RJSamp
11-08-2006, 05:43 PM
The event will be held at the sight near Michie, Tennessee. This will be the first time in a long while that we have had the chance to bring The War back, into West Tennessee, on a large scale. I'm very excited that this is really going to happen. Hats Off to the Doss Brothers.
Greg Richardson

Where were you last year,, first weekend in October? We had a few thousand reenactors in Michie......

WestTN_reb
11-09-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm trying to talk my guys into going Federal on the second day to try and offset numbers. If I can talk the whole guard unit into it, we can add more to the mix. I think we should pull in everybody we can for this event. West Tennessee is dying for lack of a large event.

captain_kirk
11-28-2006, 09:56 PM
A little news on Shiloh. The area of the battle area has been increased to accomodate registration. I think over 1000 acres are now going to be available as registration has surpassed 10,000. The planning committe is in the process of possibly adding several brigades to accomodate all the infantry and additional brigade commanders are being interviewed.
Maj. Kirk Fuller
Adjutant

flattop32355
11-29-2006, 09:52 AM
I think over 1000 acres are now going to be available as registration has surpassed 10,000.

There are 10,000 people who have actually sent in their registrations, or 10,000 reenactors are anticipated, or interest has been expressed by units representing up to 10,000 reenactors?

That's a lot of bodies to be in the fold this far ahead.

Strawfoot
12-01-2006, 03:38 PM
A little news on Shiloh. The area of the battle area has been increased to accomodate registration. I think over 1000 acres are now going to be available as registration has surpassed 10,000. The planning committe is in the process of possibly adding several brigades to accomodate all the infantry and additional brigade commanders are being interviewed.
Maj. Kirk Fuller
Adjutant

I don't think there are even 10,000 reenactors, of any sort, West of the Mississippi. If any Easterners are attending, they probably sure as **** haven't registered in any significant numbers yet.

I call BS on the above boast of 10,000 'already registered,' and claim it to be the biggest hype job I've ever seen. If I am wrong post the regsitration list, and I will gladly eat my words.

Sorry, I just believe in honesty when advertising for events. A lot of people have 10+ hour drives.

Forquer
12-01-2006, 08:46 PM
That's a lot of bodies to be in the fold this far ahead.

Bernie -

If memory serves, I believe the same folks that put on the '02 event are the same ones that are behind this. The same rubbish about numbers was being bandied about then during the early phases.

We'll talk in a couple of weeks.

YOS,

Doug Cooper
12-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Normally I would not comment on an event I do not plan to attend but this thing is scary.

Without any standards whatsoever you just might get a big crowd, but the latest on the website is hysterical: organizers estimate "as many as 14,000" now will attend and "a group from England has made a committment to be there." Somehow I think it is not the same UK unit (The Lazy Jacks) that will be with us at Banks' Grand Retreat in Louisiana that same weekend.

I suppose it could be 1000 feds and 13,000 rebs. The part about 10,000 already registered on the thread below was quietly dropped on the website :-)

Guess none of these guys went to Corinth, held less than 5 miles away in 2005 with 2700 registered (note below about no big events in west TN in years).

Here is the "plan":

"There are a few things we are planning to do at this event other than the actual Battle reenactment which are as follows:

1. Artillery Night Fire
2. Tacticals interspersed during the weekend (Uh oh)
3. Forced march (?) and skirmish (uh oh) tentative for Friday involving Second Brigade Confederate and First Federal Division (wonder if the FFD knows they are going? - no mention on their website)

We want to make this an enjoyable event with things continuously happening….stay tuned for more information."

Gee with that many folks coming you might think there would be some word, any word about Preservation but I could not find anything. Too bad. They need to take a page from Perryville, quick.

No authenticiy guidelines (uh oh).

The scariest thing by far though are the minimal safety rules, including no mention of a minimum age to carry a weapon - only that kids under 18 must have a parent's or guardian's permission (no mention of a parent or guardian on site, etc)!!! I particularly enjoyed the 6 hours minimum from alcohol consumption to firing guns rule. That is completely non-sensical. You can be plenty intoxicated after only 6 hours. How about 10-12 hours?

No mention of the myriad other things such as parking, site map, sutlers, spectators, local involvement, volunteers, etc.

The other scary thing is there is no way to register on the website and no form to print off and send in, etc. I am beginning to understand now how they can claim 10,000 registered - nobody can check it ;-)

Last but not least, this is the main home page message from the head organizer:

"The pages contained within this website should give you all the necessary information about the ins and outs of the event if you are planning to attend already or convince you to come be a part of an exciting event if you are still trying to decide. I've tried to lay out in detail what will happen, when it will happen and how it will happen to better prepare you before you arrive on site. Preliminary estimates have put the possible number of reenactors attending at around 14,000. I have a place for all branches (infantry, artillery and cavalry). I've even received a commitment from a unit in England who have already made their travel arrangements and plan to attend. Don't miss out...come and join us here in Tennessee. If there's something I've overlooked providing you on this website feel free to contact me so that I can answer your questions."

Huh? There is no plan, no schedule, no guidelines, no logistics info beyond hay, water and porta johns, no registration info, no order of battle info, no historical info, units coming, galvanization plan, etc. I cannot recall a more thrown together, over hyped, potentially dangerous (kids with guns, lots of tacticals, no guidelines, etc) and under organized large wannabe event in memory. Please, for the good of the hobby somebody get control of this thing quick, or at least put more info up on the website - only 3.5 months to go.

old reb46
12-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Special oops or special ops? You decide!

Footslogger
12-02-2006, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE=Doug Cooper]

and "a group from England has made a committment to be there." Somehow I think it is not the same UK unit (The Lazy Jacks) that will be with us at Banks' Grand Retreat in Louisiana that same weekend.

QUOTE]

You got that right. This group are the 18th Mo, middle of the road Mainstream group.

Spinster
12-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Which begins to explain the overblown basis of the phone call one gentleman of my acquaintance received, asking him to come command troops at this Shiloh not at Shiloh, but down the road and in March.

When begging off with the statement that he was already registered for Banks Grand Retreat, he was told that BGR was 'not happening' and 'everybody'--Ground Hornets, those English fellers, and all were coming to this event. Which explains the 10,000 and 14,000 smoke and figures quite nicely.

Me, I just did a run down to the coast to pick up part of our civilian equipment load for BGR. And a whole bunch of dried goods landed on my porch this weekend, my Christmas present to me, since some civilians will be out there the full week.

Mrs. L
A lady never calls BS on something--she leaves it to the gentlemen to do so.

RJSamp
12-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Doug: "3. Forced march (?) and skirmish (uh oh) tentative for Friday involving Second Brigade Confederate and First Federal Division (wonder if the FFD knows they are going? - no mention on their website) "

Mark Dolive has been asked to be Federal Commander....its not an NSA event so need to post up on the NSA FFD website? Mr. Kessler sent out an email a few weeks ago....

FFD Cavalry Brigade is going, and they will live out of the saddle for the tactical/march. Jack King involved with this as well. several people have visited the site and it's awesome.

We're walking slowly with short steps.....who knows where this will lead.....and which of your questions will or won't be answered to any of our satisfaction....

Examining with trepidation.....

Spinster
12-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Examining with trepidation.....

It IS a right dandy site, RJ--I've been on pieces of it before myself, and had some fine times there.

These fellers just need to plan their work, work their plan, and leave all the horn blowing to those that are trained in the art of it....;)

Kind Regards,
Mrs. L

WestTN_reb
12-13-2006, 03:15 AM
People,

Tom and Ken Doss are two of the most upstanding folks I know. The last I heard, they still have operational control of the event. To make it short, if the Doss brothers are putting on this event, you can bet your buttons there won't be any dangerous or unsafe crap going on. Furthermore, I get sick of everyone talking about the projected numbers. When was the last time you saw a large event that didn't boast big numbers as a way to draw in a crowd. All I'm saying is that folks need to get off their high horse, give me a break, and give this event a shot.

Forquer
12-13-2006, 07:14 AM
Furthermore, I get sick of everyone talking about the projected numbers. When was the last time you saw a large event that didn't boast big numbers as a way to draw in a crowd. All I'm saying is that folks need to get off their high horse, give me a break, and give this event a shot.

Sir,

There's a world of difference between massaging numbers and bending them over a fence and, well, you know.

I guess I have just one question: Are the same organizational and command structure in place that ran the 140th Shiloh and choreographed those scenarios? If the answer is yes, then I know where I stand on the issue.

jurgitemvaletem
12-13-2006, 02:47 PM
A question I would like to ask to anybody who may know, where is the Goex factory located in relationship to the reenactment ground?

thanks,
Jurgitem Valetem

RJSamp
12-13-2006, 03:21 PM
People,
Furthermore, I get sick of everyone talking about the projected numbers. When was the last time you saw a large event that didn't boast big numbers as a way to draw in a crowd. All I'm saying is that folks need to get off their high horse, give me a break, and give this event a shot.

Well....don't believe I've attended ANY event that hyped numbers.....nor any LARGE event that hyped numbers. I don't know of any NSA event that deliberately hyped (read that as LIE) and they've been know to put a few thousand rifles in Michie....Spring Hill.....Raymond....Perryville (twicest)....etc.

And A135/140 and G135 were huge and didn't sissify the projections.

If 10,000 rifles showed up....what would be the force ratios? who would enforce them? and would you have enough logistical structure to handle the operation? Having seen piped underground water systems basically fail twice at large events (Raymond 2001, A140)....and horded firewood come to fisticuffs......and portajohns overflow/run out of TP...... at many large events....what are these boys track records for running a decent mainstream event?

And save the marketing hype for the spectators.....we don't need to be lied to. Jes' the facts.

Forquer
12-13-2006, 04:59 PM
who would enforce them? and would you have enough logistical structure to handle the operation? Having seen piped underground water systems basically fail twice at large events (Raymond 2001, A140)....and horded firewood come to fisticuffs......and portajohns overflow/run out of TP...... at many large events....what are these boys track records for running a decent mainstream event?

RJ -

Judging from the map provided on their website, it appears to be the same place as the 140th "National" event. My guess is it's the same suspects. I recall seeing something somewhere about 60 portajohns being laid in for the event. Somehow, I don't think that will be enough. Also, the water broke down several times at the 140th.

A couple of "tacticals" were conducted at that one, one on Friday afternoon and the other early Saturday morning. Neither was anything to write home about and the one on Saturday morning was an absolute joke. Their concept was, essentially, to line up all 1500 of the Rebs in the open field that they used for the battlefield both days and blaze away at the couple of hundred Yanks that we had in the woods along the treeline. I guess that was their concept of equalizing force ratios.

The Saturday battle was one for the books, though. The scenario was the Hornets Nest. At the original fight, if memory serves, Prentiss's division was hunkered down and stood fast. They had the Federal infantry moving up one end of the field and across to the other so many times it wasn't funny. We were there protraying an Ohio Zouave unit that was at the fight. After about the 4th or 5th time of being told to go hither and thither the Zouaves got cranky. A 20 lb Parrott went off on the far side of the field and we took a mass hit. Enough was enough.

If Mr. Lavis and Mr. King think they can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, then good on them.

YOS,

Mint Julep
12-13-2006, 08:27 PM
People,

Tom and Ken Doss are two of the most upstanding folks I know. The last I heard, they still have operational control of the event. To make it short, if the Doss brothers are putting on this event, you can bet your buttons there won't be any dangerous or unsafe crap going on. Furthermore, I get sick of everyone talking about the projected numbers. When was the last time you saw a large event that didn't boast big numbers as a way to draw in a crowd. All I'm saying is that folks need to get off their high horse, give me a break, and give this event a shot.

John,

How about this: Get the event sponsors to come on here and answer questions and set the record straight. That way there is no speculation or conjecture, only words from the organizer.

If they really want to attract that many participants, these guys need to take criticisms and respond and make corrections to their website, provide more event information as requested and promote their own event.

MJ

Phil
12-15-2006, 12:39 AM
People,

I don't care about high horses or lowriders, but I would like to know who tried to cancel BGR without consulting the event organizers, and who in the heck said that the Ground Hornets and Lazy Jacks were going to Shiloh! Someone who isn't upstanding at all is out there pimping this event.

Gallo de Cielo
12-15-2006, 09:31 AM
[deleted]

If you want the anti-circus, come on down to the Kisatchie woods for Banks' Grand Retreat.

Regards,
Fred Baker

old reb46
12-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Won't be a problem of water pipes busting, porta johns overflowing, or running out of toliet paper at BGR, 'cause there won't be no water pipes, porta johns or toliet paper. As for fire wood; dead fall. So, go to Shiloh and experience the same old same old, or come to BGR and get a dose of how it really was for a soldier. Seems like a simple choice for me. BGR!

Tom

Memphis
12-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Seems like a simple choice for me. BGR!

You have a nice website for this event. You should try to share it more often.

http://www.banksgrandretreat.com/

old reb46
12-20-2006, 10:08 AM
I am not bashing Shiloh, but pointing out that there is an alternative to the same old mainstream type event, and that is Banks' Grand Retreat. That they are being held at the same time is unfortunant, for people will have to make a choice of which to attend. I would advise anyone not able to march long distances and live the life of a real soldier, opt for Shiloh. However, for those that want to experience the most realistic recreation of the experiences of a Civil War soldier without the reality of a fatal fate, and knowing that at some time, they will get to go home, they consider BGR. To overly simplify the comparison I would say there is nothing wrong with a Ford, but some folks would like to drive a Ferrari. Shiloh is the Ford. BGR is the Ferrari.

Tom Yearby

Phil
12-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Socks?

It's only recently we've convinced Tom to wear shoes at events. I think he'll do alright, though. Tom's forgotten more about soldiering than most reenactors will ever come close to knowing.

old reb46
12-20-2006, 06:50 PM
As I type, Karin Timore is knitting me a new pair of socks. The pair I bought from her for the Mansfield to Pleasant Hill preservation march a few years back, are still in good shape, but I told her I wanted a new pair of blue ones so folks would know I bought new socks.
Tom Yearby

Memphis
12-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Something suddenly wrong with Mickey Black's or Ben Tart's cotton socks?

Please show us the documentation to disprove their documentation.

Doug Cooper
12-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Something suddenly wrong with Mickey Black's or Ben Tart's cotton socks?

Please show us the documentation to disprove their documentation.

Nope - they were issued in the thousands, esp CS, but are normally a poor choice for marching long distances or even short distances of 3-4 miles, unless you have period feet, which most of us do not have. Cotton retains the sweat from your feet and can turn into wet cheese graters over time, esp if loosely woven. When combined with brand new or poorly fitting shoes - especially not good.

As 1st Sgt of my company at Banks' Grand Retreat, I am "strongly advising" every soldier to come with at least 2 pairs of good tightly woven wool socks.

I wear my cotton socks at living history events where marching is not an issue. I suppose you could wear them to the Michie, TN event as well.

Reliccrazy
12-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Gey whiz! I've been reading post's people have made! When will you guys grow up, both sides of this issue too! God! I've never seen such whinny as with Civil war reenacting, grow up people and go to whatever event you want to. This should be for talking about the event. ;)
I'd like to know about the Shiloh event, since it's like 5-10 mins away, thats my reason I'm going to it, not picking sides here. Now I'll go back to my corner just selling stuff.
Just my two cents and lets have fun out there! That what it's all about and I think everyone will have a good time at both events in their own way! :)

baldknobber
12-26-2006, 11:45 PM
We're gonna need lots more Feds there. So what if Shiloh is closer. Your alot closer to BGR than I am, and we're filling a van full of stanky **** authentics from K.C. MO. to fill out the ranks. The essence of pipe smoke, chaw, and **** will be a fine treat for the ride down you know.

BtW, the link to the fard reenactors forum is ridiculous. Do people actualy waste their time on this stuff? Do something productive like go to a library.

Off my soap box.....:cool:

Georgiana
12-27-2006, 10:00 AM
This is my first post here, but I've done a lot of lurking. I have to say the one thing that grosses me out about this hobby is the seeming competition to be more "19th Century Than Thou". In my family my great great grandfather and his brothers bled real blood during this war. The women and children left back home on the farm suffered, worried, and did without. I am a living historian because I want people to not forget their history and to spark an interest in people to want to learn more. In real life I am an educator and I know that anything that can start a small fire of a desire towards learning is worthwhile. It doesn’t require you to use a slop jar, acquire lice, and lose your teeth due to malnutrition to light that little fire.

Until somebody invents time travel you are not going to live like the people in the 19th century. You don't know what it's like to lose a child to common diarrhea. Face reality, the best you are ever going to get is an actor's role in showing history. Be content, relax and enjoy. Support each other. We all might not be traveling down the same road, but we are for the most part all traveling towards the same place. I for one will be at the Shiloh event--just as my husband's kin were on the actual battlefield those fateful two days. I want to honor their memory and I don't think I need a slop jar to do it. If you feel like you need a slop jar to teach history, I support you in it.

I will now don my modern fire-fighting suit and prepare to be flamed,
G.

Reliccrazy
12-27-2006, 01:42 PM
If there was a pissing contest, I'd say it's over. BGR takes the cake. Their piss will go alot further and please many more people! This will be the event of our reenacting careers, and you can bet on it. I see you are in the Salt River Rifles. Why aren't you coming down to BGR. We're gonna need lots more Feds there. So what if Shiloh is closer. Your alot closer to BGR than I am, and we're filling a van full of stanky ass authentics from K.C. MO. to fill out the ranks. The essence of pipe smoke, chaw, and ass will be a fine treat for the ride down you know.

BtW, the link to the fard reenactors forum is ridiculous. Do people actualy waste their time on this stuff? Do something productive like go to a library.

Well I've been to 2 events in about 5 1/2 years of reenacting that had more than 1500 hundred reenactors at it, Corinth 05 and Cedar Creek 04. Living on the west coast and in west TN, there are not that many BIG events. O yeah I've been to LBL which was awsome, until I got banged up falling and I'll be doing my 3rd Shiloh LH next year too. So I ain't just another farb, okay?! Also I can walk to BOTH shiloh events I'm so close and I plan to do just that! So you know I think I'll pass on the smell of **** and pipe smoke in a van and enjoy a nice walk to both events as a smurf in TN! That all I got to say about this, back to reading now!

Hondo
12-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Ditto Georgiana. Well said.

Hondo

MStuart
12-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Why would anyone complain about an event they aren't gonna go to? Those that are making the most noise aren't even going and surely won't be missed. Same as you won't be missed at their "event". Some have been saying there are two hobbies in CW reenacting. If you're not part of mine, why are you complaining about it? Isn't there plenty to gripe about in your own?

Unsolicited thoughts because large "mainstream" events always get this kind of catcalling.

Mark

Definition of "Mainstream"
main·stream /ˈmeɪnˌstrim/
–noun 1. the principal or dominant course, tendency, or trend: the mainstream of American culture.
3. belonging to or characteristic of a principal, dominant, or widely accepted group, movement, style, etc.: mainstream Republicans; a mainstream artist.

Bottom line? A few griping about the many.

Enjoy Shiloh, there'll probably be a few thousand others that do, too.

Phil
12-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Mark and Georgiana,

If you'll re-read the thread, you'll notice that the origins of the complaints was that folks associated with one event were actively spreading the word that the other event was canceled, and its organizers and other groups were planning on attending the remaining event.

Perhaps this yet unexplained occurrence did not warrant the few potshots taken at the event with fraudulent pimping practices, and for that, we sincerely apologize.

Doug Cooper
12-28-2006, 03:08 AM
Mark and Georgiana,

If you'll re-read the thread, you'll notice that the origins of the complaints was that folks associated with one event were actively spreading the word that the other event was canceled, and its organizers and other groups were planning on attending the remaining event.

Perhaps this yet unexplained occurrence did not warrant the few potshots taken at the event with fraudulent pimping practices, and for that, we sincerely apologize.

That is exactly what happened in this case as Phil explains above. We did not appreciate the efforts of the individual (a "high ranking commander") intimately involved with the Shiloh (Michie) event in attempting to sabotage our event, as if 250 military and civilian campaigners on a 26 mile, 4 day first person immersion, marching retreat would have anything in common (or are any threat) with the folks attending the other one.

Originally however, I did voice major safety concerns that I believe are important enough to be aired, whether I am attending an event or not. That and the fact that the hobby as a hole has suffered enough of late the hype of "1000's of reenactors will be attending/have registered." The claims of this event were particularly exaggerated early on, and that does not help anyone. When the hype begins to include knowingly false "news" that our event is cancelled and we are all going to the "fest", well that is grounds for our involvement in this thread. Involvement which is hopefully now at an end.

Good luck.

WestTN_reb
12-28-2006, 06:16 AM
The people involved with Shiloh may have let their imagination run away with them on the numbers and the deal with BGR, but they have not written to run anyone down. The people involved with BGR have expressed concerns over their event and about safety issues at Shiloh, but they have also been harsh in writing about the Shiloh bunch. There has obviously been mistakes made. It happens. We are only human. The sooner we forgive, forget, and try to work together, the sooner we can mend the hole that is tearing our hobby apart from within.

That's my proposition.

old reb46
12-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Look, I agree with the "go where you want to go" philosophy. I simply said that BGR was not the same type of event as the one near Shiloh being held at the same time. BGR was not being called off because of Shiloh. The Lazy Jacks were going to BGR, not Shiloh. I also previously said Shiloh was a Ford and BGR was a Ferrari. I drive a Ford truck, so I am not bashing Fords, but the opportunity to drive a Ferrari is a once in a life time chance for me and others that opt for BGR. 'Nough said.

Tom
Texas Ground Hornets

Memphis
12-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Definitely different hobbies. This thread could be split into two or more threads for those who want to go in different directions.

CapitolGuards
01-01-2007, 09:06 PM
I think over 1000 acres are now going to be available as registration has surpassed 10,000.

Problem is, 9,990 of those guys are probably Confederates. Haven't heard anything about it through the FFD chain of command, anyway...

Huck Finn
01-02-2007, 12:19 AM

Not sure if it is a waste of time. Perhaps you did not read enough posts to understand the mission of the forum. Might I suggest you go there and read. You may find someting that you truly like.

ThumbStall
01-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Not sure if it is a waste of time. Perhaps you did not read enough posts to understand the mission of the forum. The Farb Forum has a mission? If so, then it must be to be the Mad Magazine version of this forum... as well as the A/C forum. There's some pretty funny stuff over there. :D

tompritchett
01-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Please, let's move further discussion of the Farb Forum to the Whine Cellar. This conference is only for the discussion of upcoming events. Thank you.