PDA

View Full Version : two 145th Antietam events ?

wilber6150
10-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Hi list,
does anyone know if there will be two events reenacting Antietam next year? Seems to me that I've seen info on a non-spectator event, and also another event with spectators..Any info. would be appreaciated..
thanks
Will Coffey

Huck Finn
10-08-2006, 07:23 PM
You should be able to find three.

MStuart
10-08-2006, 07:32 PM
All you need to do is scroll down a little farther in this section. Links to both events are available.

Mark

Memphis
10-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Which one will be the best?

Huck Finn
10-09-2006, 06:14 PM
It depends on what you are looking for/expect.

Anders
10-09-2006, 07:56 PM
One evnt is based on what they (the original soldiers) did, and one is based upon what some reenactors WANT to do.

One is history based, one is a non public tactical.

One is sanctioned by the South Mountain State Battlefileld and supported by the NPS, and one is not.

I guess it is up to you what you want from your weekend- a chance to experience history, or a chance to "play"

But I guess I am kinda biased.....

Claude Sinclair
10-17-2006, 10:16 AM
Chris,

Do you have a web site listing the minimal standards for your event? I believe you have been in contact with Bruce Blackmon regarding our proposed march from Harpers Ferry to the battlefield.

Regards,

Claude Sinclair
Palmetto Battalion
12th SC

Anders
10-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Our web site will be up and running in the next few weeks at www.wmhf.org

Pretty basic safety and quality rules, nothing earth shattering, except they will be enforced.

I am sure you and the boys will be able to pass muster with no issues, and I have been in contact with Bruce regarding such.

Hope to see you all there.

Pards,