PDA

View Full Version : Waynesboro, GA Living History Presentation December 9, 2006

creel
09-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Waynesboro, GA Living History Presentation December 9, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At home of ‘Lady’ Nancy Lynn

Wisteria Hall
824 Myrick Street
Waynesboro GA 30830

A non-profit event, Confederate based Living History Presentation event at an Antebellum house, of course any Yanks are more than welcome (we like “prisoners’).
If there is any money that is raised from ticket sales to the general public after expenses are paid will be donated to an education program that promotes living history.

The schedule/plan is to have educational stations for a “Candle Light Tour” for the evening of December 9th, 2006.

There will be some room in house, however soldiers should plan to camp outside (be prepared). The CSS Tallahassee Marine Guards will have one extra “A”(2-4 men), one officers (4-6) and one Sibley (6-12) tent set up. Others are welcome as space affords.

Please RSVP so we know how many can make it. The limit will be about 20-25 persons. There, of course, is no charge to participants.

A Sunday breakfast (December 10) is planned for participants before traveling back to our homes.

This is last minute, so let me know how many can still make it.

Joey12thga
09-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Well I hope you get a nice turn out but just in case you didn't know, you are in competition with 2 other events around that time and place. Be advised on Dec 1-3 the Battle of Waynesboro will be going on and then on the weekend of Dec 8-10 they will be having the Ft Mcallister Winter Muster.

creel
10-11-2006, 10:58 AM
We know of the other events. Lady Nancy just ask us to put together something small to see if there was any interest in her area and to try and educate the locals. She was a friend of my aunts and we met here one evening. SHe has a period mourning dress that was shipped from England that is something else.

We gotten a few planning to attend so far, so hopefully it will work out.

Remise
10-11-2006, 02:08 PM
You might get a bit more notice if you put this in the Events, instead of the Recruiting folder.

B.C. Milligan

creel
10-11-2006, 03:42 PM
It's in the events, Interesting though the only reponse I got was here

Remise
10-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Well, in that case I might give it a bump, and say if I didn't live in Maryland, I would try to attend, as it looks like fun!

B.C. Milligan
Company K, First Penna. Reserves