PDA

View Full Version : "No Retreat..." screening & DVDs March 10th

citizenwelles
02-28-2006, 01:48 PM
No Retreat From Destiny: The Battle That Rescued Washington: feature film and DVD premiere in Hagerstown, Maryland!!!

Friday, March 10th, 2006 at 7:30 PM! All are invited to attend!

http://www.monocacymovie.com has even more info, new pictures and video clips.

EVEN MORE clips, music and photos at http://www.lionheart-filmworks.com

Some more info on the movie and the event follows....

A new Civil War feature film, “No Retreat From Destiny: The Battle That Rescued Washington”, will hold its world premiere on March 10 at Hagerstown's Colonial Theatre. The film was shot mostly in Boonsboro and Hagerstown and features many local actors and re-enactors in its cast and was co-produced by a local company, Cascade-based Historical Entertainment LLC along with Kevin Hershberger's LionHeart FilmWorks, LLC

Set in 1864, the story follows the Confederate attempt to capture Washington, DC and thus end the war in the south's favor. The turning point was a decisive battle at the Monocacy River, just south of Frederick, Maryland.

Directed by award-winning director Kevin R. Hershberger, the film is both a documentary and drama. Hershberger's “Wicked Spring” is in distribution through Blockbuster, Amazon.com and other major outlets.

The film was produced by Monocacy Productions, LLC, a joint venture formed by Historical Entertainment in conjunction with veteran independent filmmakers Lionheart Filmworks of Richmond, VA and several private investors.

Historical Entertainment is the market leader in providing reenactor extras and historical services for movies and TV, including many programs in The History Channel's 2006 line-up. The company has been responsible for bringing several film projects to Washington County. “No Retreat” is its first venture into production, with a World War II film also in the works.

The premiere confirms Washington County's status as a mecca for movie and TV companies. In recent years, the film industry has become a major economic boost to the area, causing some to dub Hagerstown, “Hagerwood.” The Hagerstown-Washington County Convention and Visitor's Bureau and the Maryland Film Office are sponsoring the event.

Details: The Colonial Theatre is at 6 South Potomac St, Hagerstown. Doors will open at 6:30pm with the film starting at 7:30pm. A reception and question and answer period will follow the film. The event is open to the public. Tickets are $5 at the door. Seating is limited. To reserve seats, call (301) 241-4000. DVD's of the film will also be available for sale at the premiere. For more information, visit www.monocacymovie.com

FWL
02-28-2006, 02:25 PM
It great this is finally coming out. Do you know when the DVDs will be sent out. I paid for mine quite awhile ago (happy to invest).

thank you

citizenwelles
02-28-2006, 03:19 PM
The DVDs will literaly arrive in hand on the 10th of March, and the company will quickly begin mailing the pre-ordered DVDs to all who began ordering Discs in the summer of 2004. It will take a good week to get all of the copies out, but look for yours to arrive in hand sometime around that third week in March.

Thanks.

Monocacy Productions, LLC

http://www.monocacymovie.com
http://www.lionheart-filmworks.com

FWL
02-28-2006, 05:51 PM
thank you, having had a small part as an extra I look forward to it.

Frank Lilley
"old civilian refugee mess"

Chuck A Luck
03-02-2006, 09:12 AM
Good news! I'd about given up on this. The old website had been "dead" the last few times I'd checked, so I was afeared the project might've gone belly-up. I'm relieved to hear otherwise. Looking forward to my pre-ordered DVD as well -- although I ordered it at the "preview" of the film at Gettysburg in Nov. of 04, not in the summer. I hope you're mailing them out as well. Even from the bits that were previewed in G'burg, it promised to be an interesting, well-scripted film.

Anders
03-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Will be there.

citizenwelles
03-09-2006, 10:20 PM
To anyone who pre-ordered a copy of the DVD!

DVDs are in hand and are in the proccess of being mailed out to anyone who worked on the picture in 2004 and to anyone who pre-ordered a copy of the DVD at the pre-release price.

Thanks to everyone who helped us in the making of this movie, and we hope you enjoy the final film.

citizenwelles
03-13-2006, 08:27 PM
To everyone who worked on the film in 2004, we're all working hard to package and ship all of the "participant copies", and mailing out the pre-ordered DVDs - it's allot of work, so please be patient - thank you very much!

For anyone wishing to order a copy of the DVD, please visit http://www.monocacymovie.com for details and order information.

madisontigers
03-14-2006, 03:04 PM
What about those who order one someday this week? What kind of wait are new customers looking at in receiving an ordered dvd?Do you only have enough dvds for those that pre-ordered? Are you waiting until a later date to have more DVD'S made? or are there already enough to sell to others who didn't pre-order?

citizenwelles
03-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Yes, we have enough copies to mail out to all pre-orders, and for all new orders.... if you place a DVD order within the week, we can have the DVD to you in a matter of a few days.

We ARE planning on getting more copies made soon to accomodate all incoming orders, don't worry, we're trying not to run out of copies and stay ahead of orders... thanks.

FWL
03-21-2006, 06:40 PM
I got my DVD today. Its getting harder and harder to get good CW movies. I look forward to getting my pipe out and having a look

thanks

I hope you do well on this.

Frank Lilley

citizenwelles
03-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Sir,

Glad your DVD arrived, and I would welcome your comments once you watch your copy - I hope I do do well with you as allot of fokls put allot work into making this movie, and I, for one, am proud of the finished product. Please post your thoughts once you've watched the DVD - thanks.

Kevin Hershberger
LionHeart FilmWorks, LLC