PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Unit in Ohio/MI

firebasedems
09-20-2006, 12:00 PM
My son and I would like to get back into the hobby again we are located in mansfield Ohio right now. Please let me know if anyone needs some people

Eric

warhoundOH
09-20-2006, 02:06 PM
sir,

The unit that I participate with, the 30th ovi is located out of central ohio. It is a good unit, one which I have been a part of for going on five years and have enjoyed every bit of. We are a mainstream unit. We accept families.

We are always looking for new, excited and eager participants who have a love for history and a passion for living what they love.

A few of our members will be attending the event in Marrietta this coming weekend, and several more will be in south Charleston, near Springfield OH.

This is the website for the 30th which has contact info, a forum you can inquire deeper into our unit on, photos, and event schedule.

The site is 30thovi.com

hope you enjoy the site and give us a thought.

Thanks,
Patrick Skeese

maguire
09-21-2006, 05:40 PM
What type of group are you looking for, Confederate or Federal?

Rob Weaver
09-22-2006, 08:47 AM
Our unit, 7th Wisconsin, is based just over the border in Erie, PA. We also exercise a family-friendly atmosphere and attend events in Ohio. Feel free to PM me.

nc69th
10-05-2006, 04:29 PM
The 14th OVI/3rd ARK Infantry is a good unit, its based in Toledo but have members in Ohio and in Michigan, they just started a good reenactment in Toledo at the Wildwood Metro Park a few years ago. There company commander is Bob Minton I believe. But I am sorry there website URL I don't remember and Bobs email is blank to me now. Best thing to do is go to a search engine and type in 14th OVI/3rd Arkansas Infantry.

Chadd M. Vail

P.S. I used to be with the 30th OVI a long time ago, and I agree its a good unit. I also used to be with the 64th OVI Co A. In Mansfield Ohio where I am from, they are both good Campaigner groups.

John St.John
10-10-2006, 01:26 PM
If by chance you are interested in a cavalry group, the Michigan Cavalry Brigade is accepting both mounted and dismounted troopers. We are family oriented but also a hard fighting and rigidly drilled group with members throughout lower Michigan, Indiana and Ohio.

I can be reached at:

michcav6th@yahoo.com