PDA

View Full Version : Soldiers & Ladies

Pages : [1] 2

Scottish Songbird
09-19-2006, 12:46 PM
Hi Everyone,
Since the singles thread is now closed, I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and..............man, I still want to play!!!!!:D ;)

jurgitemvaletem
09-19-2006, 03:21 PM
ma'am,

I am sure the mods had a good reason for shutting down the 800 post thread It probably had something to do with available forum space.

Thanks,
Jurgitem Valetem

cookiemom
09-19-2006, 04:14 PM
ma'am,

I am sure the mods had a good reason for shutting down the 800 post thread It probably had something to do with available forum space.

Thanks,
Jurgitem Valetem
If space management is the issue, (rather than the frivolity of the postings,) perhaps "the powers that be" would let the banter continue here in the Whine Cellar if we break it into monthly threads or some such thing. The older posts would regularly drift out of sight, and the "bits and bytes" aspect might be easier to handle. I'm certain that no one wants to create any technical difficulties.

In any case, on behalf of all the "Singles thread" posters, I'd like to express our gratitude to Mr. Szabo, the Provost, Sgt. Pepper, Mr. Pritchett, and any and all other anonymous moderators and administrators for their patience and forbearance over the past several months. The thread has allowed many of us to meet each other, both online and in person, when we would not otherwise have had that opportunity. Thank you all.

Carole

tompritchett
09-19-2006, 04:46 PM
I think it was more due to the sheer number of posts and how difficult it makes the thread to navigate. Frankly, I very surprised that the provost let it get anywhere near the size that it did; normally he closes threads before they even get half that size. I do like the idea of a continuing series of threads where a new one gets started the first of each month to continue the various discussions. Just a suggestion.

Trooper Graham
09-19-2006, 05:14 PM
and how difficult it makes the thread to navigate.

Bingo!!!!!!!!!! I'll second that.;) I'm was just too old to keep up and having coke bottle glasses didn't help either.:) I gave up anyway since there were no old, blind, bald, toothless and suffering from liver spots single grannies answering my love lorned PMs. :p

Slainte

cookiemom
09-19-2006, 05:16 PM
I think it was more due to the sheer number of posts and how difficult it makes the thread to navigate. Frankly, I very surprised that the provost let it get anywhere near the size that it did; normally he closes threads before they even get half that size. I do like the idea of a continuing series of threads where a new one gets started the first of each month to continue the various discussions. Just a suggestion.
That's about what I had in mind. If there are no objections from the other authorities, we'd appreciate the chance to see how it works.

Trooper Graham
09-19-2006, 05:20 PM
I would like to see the threads go in one direction and not branch off like a spider web. If someone wants to answer a specific post then use the 'quote option'.

Slainte

cookiemom
09-19-2006, 05:27 PM
... I gave up anyway since there were no old, blind, bald, toothless and suffering from liver spots single grannies answering my love lorned PMs. :p

Slainte
Sam,
Maybe you're being too particular ... ;)

Ma

Trooper Graham
09-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Sam,
Maybe you're being too particular ... ;)

Ma

Just trying to find that perfect match...;)

Great Grand...Pa

Kimmel
09-19-2006, 06:01 PM
So close to 800!!! yet so far.... Oh well... may we always remember our 797 posts and 15,870 views... I beileve thats a record in the CW Forum history if I'm not mistaken? :-D That won't be beat for a very very looong time. Hope everyone is having a good day...

Anyone goin anywhere this weekend? I have a reenactment across the crick in Montgomery, NY...

marylandreb
09-19-2006, 06:25 PM
I would like to see the threads go in one direction and not branch off like a spider web. If someone wants to answer a specific post then use the 'quote option'.

Slainte

You have to go up to the right and click on "Display Mode" and click Linear....this will get rid of the spider web!;)

Trooper Graham
09-19-2006, 06:39 PM
You have to go up to the right and click on "Display Mode" and click Linear....this will get rid of the spider web!;)

OH!! Darlin...I love you...you helped an OAP today. Your an angel. ;)

Scottish Songbird
09-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey, it's nice to hear from some of you!!!:D

Uh.........where's Scott....come on now people, just keep posting!!!

Somebody want to plan a party?:-P

John1862
09-19-2006, 08:19 PM
come on now people, just keep posting!!!

:-P

NO!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH

VaTrooper
09-19-2006, 08:22 PM
NO!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH

ROLMFAO. But yea I second that.

bizzilizzit
09-19-2006, 08:24 PM
I gave up anyway since there were no old, blind, bald, toothless and suffering from liver spots single grannies answering my love lorned PMs. :p

Slainte

Ahhmm. You weren't specific about the type of lady you were looking for. I suffer from three of the five requirements. My dentist takes care of the toothless problem - one at a time. Still have my hair, although some days I wonder why I haven't torn it all out...
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Ahhmm. You weren't specific about the type of lady you were looking for. I suffer from three of the five requirements. My dentist takes care of the toothless problem - one at a time. Still have my hair, although some days I wonder why I haven't torn it all out...
Elizabeth

I understand then that you do have liver spots? A woman without liver spots for me is a heart attack about to happen...way too young for this old heart. :)

Slainte

marylandreb
09-19-2006, 08:40 PM
OH!! Darlin...I love you...you helped an OAP today. Your an angel. ;)

:cool: Glad to help

bizzilizzit
09-19-2006, 08:43 PM
I understand then that you do have liver spots? A woman without liver spots for me is a heart attack about to happen...way too young for this old heart. :)

Slainte

Yep- liver spots. However, I have a wonderful dermo who has a huge collection of potions and ointments to keep them at bay - along with a few other goodies God provides as an added laugh to the aging and soon to become infirm.
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Yep- liver spots. However, I have a wonderful dermo who has a huge collection of potions and ointments to keep them at bay - along with a few other goodies God provides as an added laugh to the aging and soon to become infirm.
Elizabeth

I'm starting to believe your the same Elizabeth down the hall in room 105 here at the home? If this is you, is it true your dentures were found in the stewed prune pie last sunday mornin? :-P

Scottish Songbird
09-19-2006, 09:06 PM
NO!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH

Man, you guys are such meanies..........have it your way, but you'll be missing all the fun;) :p !?!?!?

bizzilizzit
09-19-2006, 09:10 PM
I'm starting to believe your the same Elizabeth down the hall in room 105 here at the home? If this is you, is it true your dentures were found in the stewed prune pie last sunday mornin? :-P

So THAT'S why I've developed this horrible lisp! CRS is creeping up on me, again.
Elizabeth

MStuart
09-19-2006, 09:25 PM
So THAT'S why I've developed this horrible lisp! CRS is creeping up on me, again.
Elizabeth

If you can define CRS, you'll be the first. The question came up last year and no one knew just what it was. I might just have it.....

Mark

Trooper Graham
09-19-2006, 09:28 PM
If you can define CRS, you'll be the first. The question came up last year and no one knew just what it was. I might just have it.....

Mark

If your a Baby-Boomer you got it and everything else...;)

MStuart
09-19-2006, 09:32 PM
If your a Baby-Boomer you got it and everything else...;)

I'll bet there's a medication for it............

Mark

Trooper Graham
09-19-2006, 09:35 PM
I'll bet there's a medication for it............

Mark

Yes and it's called 'death'.

MStuart
09-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Well then, I'm not wasting a $20 co-pay on that

Mark

Trooper Graham
09-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Well then, I'm not wasting a $20 co-pay on that

Mark

:lol: :lol: :lol:

bizzilizzit
09-19-2006, 09:41 PM

Mark

Can't Remember S_ _ t

I understand there are drugs available for this horrible malady, but no medical insurance will cover it - I think Willie Nelson just got arrested for havin' a bus full of it...

Elizabeth

Mojo1842
09-19-2006, 09:42 PM

Uh.........where's Scott....come on now people, just keep posting!!!

Somebody want to plan a party?:-P
You rang m'lady? I'm here, just not had much to say of late......besides, I'm still waiting for my moonlight walk

Trooper Graham
09-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Can't Remember S_ _ t

I understand there are drugs available for this horrible malady, but no medical insurance will cover it - I think Willie Nelson just got arrested for havin' a bus full of it...

Elizabeth

Your a baby-Boomer for sure if you can't remember s_ _t. Short term memory loss is a dead giveaway.

bizzilizzit
09-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Your a baby-Boomer for sure if you can't remember s_ _t. Short term memory loss is a dead giveaway.

Where we talkin' 'bout babies or somethin'?
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-19-2006, 10:09 PM
Where we talkin' 'bout babies or somethin'?
Elizabeth

The thought of babies...at my age :shock:

bizzilizzit
09-19-2006, 10:14 PM
The thought of babies...at my age :shock:

YOU havin' babies at YOUR age! I'd rather have an eye popped out, my left arm broken, my remaining teeth pulled without drugs, and my nostril hairs plucked before entertaining the idea of havin' a baby at my age. Besides, I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies!
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-19-2006, 10:25 PM
YOU havin' babies at YOUR age! I'd rather have an eye popped out, my left arm broken, my remaining teeth pulled without drugs, and my nostril hairs plucked before entertaining the idea of havin' a baby at my age. Besides, I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies!
Elizabeth

I've never had a baby at any age...but it sounds like you have. :p

I hear the footsteps of the matrons coming to roll me down to me room and change my Depends and strap me in me cot for the night so I'll say goodnight.

Slainte mhor agad

Scottish Songbird
09-19-2006, 10:27 PM
You rang m'lady? I'm here, just not had much to say of late......besides, I'm still waiting for my moonlight walk

Hi Scott, glad to see you found your way here...........and we could take that walk but it's chilly out there tonight and I don't see any moon!?!?!:p ;)

What if we get lost?!?!?;)

cookiemom
09-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Hmmm... I go to a Girl Scout meeting and just LOOK what happens!

Four pages of posts in about ten hours. A new record already? Mr. Szabo might start charging us rent!

Somebody want to plan a party?:-P Looks like we're already having one!

NO!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH

ROLMFAO. But yea I second that.

Ahem... does the term "Grinch" come to mind, Jill? But you can not fail to note that both gentlemen entered the thread voluntarily, read enough posts to become familiar with the topic, and STILL FELT COMPELLED to comment rather than quietly exiting unnoticed? Methinks the fellows do protest too much! ;) [Welcome, John!]

...liver spots... heart attacks... dentures... stewed prune pies...

(all of the above and) CRS (too)
While reading that exchange I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. Got an agent? You two are hired for the Burns and Allen Memorial Comedy Sketch segment of our show!

...babies...

...babies...
(Gotta catch my breath again.)
Alright, alright! I ALREADY SAID you were hired!

It's REALLY nice to 'see' y'all again!

Ma
Don'tItAlwaysSeemToGoThatYouDon'tKnowWhatYou'veGot 'til It'sGone Mess

Scottish Songbird
09-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Hmmm... I go to a Girl Scout meeting and just LOOK what happens!

Four pages of posts in about ten hours. A new record already? Mr. Szabo might start charging us rent!

Looks like we're already having one!

Ahem... does the term "Grinch" come to mind, Jill? But you can not fail to note that both gentlemen entered the thread voluntarily, read enough posts to become familiar with the topic, and STILL FELT COMPELLED to comment rather than quietly exiting unnoticed? Methinks the fellows do protest too much! ;) [Welcome, John!]

While reading that exchange I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. Got an agent? You two are hired for the Burns and Allen Memorial Comedy Sketch segment of our show!

(Gotta catch my breath again.)
Alright, alright! I ALREADY SAID you were hired!

It's REALLY nice to 'see' y'all again!

Ma
Don'tItAlwaysSeemToGoThatYouDon'tKnowWhatYou'veGot 'til It'sGone Mess

AMEN..................to all that Carole.....couldn't keep us down for long, could they!?!?!?;) :rolleyes:

Mojo1842
09-20-2006, 03:54 AM
Hi Scott, glad to see you found your way here...........and we could take that walk but it's chilly out there tonight and I don't see any moon!?!?!:p ;)

What if we get lost?!?!?;)
And both of those are problems why? ;)

Ok ok ill bring my lantern......

bizzilizzit
09-20-2006, 08:50 AM
I've never had a baby at any age...but it sounds like you have. :p

No babies for me - My mother scared me to death telling me the gruesome details of MY birth that I decided that nothing was squeezing outta me bigger than a pea!
Elizabeth

bizzilizzit
09-20-2006, 08:52 AM
I hear the footsteps of the matrons coming to roll me down to me room and change my Depends and strap me in me cot for the night so I'll say goodnight.

You get a COT!? I get shoved into a drawer under someone else's cot - and we've never even been properly introduced!
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-20-2006, 08:56 AM
No babies for me - My mother scared me to death telling me the gruesome details of MY birth that I decided that nothing was squeezing outta me bigger than a pea!
Elizabeth

I'm up, been unstrapped, Depends changed, ate my gruel and had my laugh. Sun is shining too.

Good morning!!!!! ;)

Grits
09-20-2006, 09:04 AM
Good morning everyone. Haven't been able to post for awhile. Been very busy lately. Did do a living history this past weekend. I'm a member of the "Southern Belles Tatting Society" and we had over 700 4th-5th graders come through our living history exhibit on Friday. Phew, was I tired after that. I got a real kick out of explaining why "ladies" wore gloves all the time and how different it was from today. The children throught it was really funny that "ladies" didn't expose their ankles.

Back to work for me....have a wonderful day!

Beth
a.k.a Grits

Kimmel
09-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Howdy from school. I'm in Civil War class right now in the library... I guess this constitutes as work? Wow... we're already up to 43 post were gonna get in trouble again. I better go before I get in trouble!!! :-D

tompritchett
09-20-2006, 05:01 PM
So close to 800!!! yet so far.... Oh well... may we always remember our 797 posts and 15,870 views... I beileve thats a record in the CW Forum history if I'm not mistaken? That won't be beat for a very very looong time.

I would not be too quick to say that given the explosion of posts in this thread just today. :)

Trooper Graham
09-20-2006, 06:08 PM
You get a COT!? I get shoved into a drawer under someone else's cot - and we've never even been properly introduced!
Elizabeth

Sorry, I missed this post. I couldn't find my bifocals this mornin.

Hi Elizabeth...I'm ???? Sam ;)

bizzilizzit
09-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Sorry, I missed this post. I couldn't find my bifocals this mornin.

Hi Elizabeth...I'm ???? Sam ;)

Was that YOU, Sam, leaking through your Depends, strapped to yer cot?
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Was that YOU, Sam, leaking through your Depends, strapped to yer cot?
Elizabeth

Sorry...hope my snoring didn't keep you awake.
I'm dog tired tonight. I wasted the whole day trying to charm this old dear from the Blue Rinse Brigade that sat next to me in her wheelchair. I gave up when she fell asleep. :(

bizzilizzit
09-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Sorry...hope my snoring didn't keep you awake.
I'm dog tired tonight. I wasted the whole day trying to charm this old dear from the Blue Rinse Brigade that sat next to me in her wheelchair. I gave up when she fell asleep. :(

I turned off my hearing aid, so you could have set off a cannon next me and I wouldn't have flinched!
Are you sure the Blue Haired Lady wasn't dead? Sometimes it's hard to tell!
Elizabeth

cookiemom
09-20-2006, 08:58 PM
Howdy from school. I'm in Civil War class right now in the library... I guess this constitutes as work? Wow... we're already up to 43 post were gonna get in trouble again. I better go before I get in trouble!!! :-D
Hey, Bryan!

Are you feeling better yet? Playing football in the rain can do that. How was the game?

Ma

ClockTowerMan
09-20-2006, 09:05 PM
So close to 800!!! yet so far.... Oh well... may we always remember our 797 posts and 15,870 views... I beileve thats a record in the CW Forum history if I'm not mistaken? :-D That won't be beat for a very very looong time. Hope everyone is having a good day...
theres another board where i lurk that hasa thread over 1500 posts thats even funnier than this one

Andy

cookiemom
09-20-2006, 09:20 PM
theres another board where i lurk that hasa thread over 1500 posts thats even funnier than this one

Andy
Well, gee... tell us where it is! [Or send me a PM. Gotta go check out the "competition!" ;) ]

Welcome, ClockTowerMan!

Ma

Trooper Graham
09-20-2006, 09:27 PM
theres another board where i lurk

thats even funnier than this one

Andy

I can't understand where this thread is funny :confused: ...I've been quite serious...really.:roll: :lol:

Scottish Songbird
09-20-2006, 09:29 PM

Andy

Hmmmmm....funnier than all of us?!?!? How can that be??:-P

Welcome Andy, are you going to stay and play?;)

Trooper Graham
09-20-2006, 09:39 PM
Welcome Andy, are you going to stay and play?;)

I'm afraid that if we ever meet I'm going to run.........:p

bizzilizzit
09-20-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm afraid that if we ever meet I'm going to be scared sh_tless.........:p

Maybe we should organize our own Event For Us By Us?
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Maybe we should organize our own Event For Us By Us?
Elizabeth

Now your starting to scare me.........

bizzilizzit
09-20-2006, 09:49 PM
Now your starting to scare me.........

You haven't seen me when I wake up in the morning! It's the main reason I live alone. Teeth in a glass, wig on the bed post, liver spots unhidden by makeup...
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-20-2006, 09:51 PM
You haven't seen me when I wake up in the morning! It's the main reason I live alone. Teeth in a glass, wig on the bed post, liver spots unhidden by makeup...
Elizabeth

Sounds like your my kind of woman.;)

bizzilizzit
09-20-2006, 09:55 PM
Sounds like your my kind of woman.;)

Sure! If you're blind and have lost the feeling in your fingertips...
Elizabeth

Scottish Songbird
09-20-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm afraid that if we ever meet I'm going to run.........:p

Gee Laddie, would ya be a'runnin' from me now?!?!?:p ;)

Trooper Graham
09-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Sure! If you're blind and have lost the feeling in your fingertips...
Elizabeth

I am blind. My keyboard is in braile and I lost both hands at the battle of the Somne. ;)

Trooper Graham
09-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Gee Laddie, would ya be a'runnin' from me now?!?!?:p ;)

faster than flies on......:lol: :lol:

Trooper Graham
09-20-2006, 10:11 PM
HARK!!!! what do I hear but the sound of the jack boots of the matrons coming down the hall so I bid you all a fond farewell......and goodnight.

Slainte mhor agad

bizzilizzit
09-20-2006, 10:16 PM
I am blind. My keyboard is in braile and I lost both hands at the battle of the Somne. ;)

PERFECT! A match made in heaven!
Elizabeth

Scottish Songbird
09-20-2006, 10:17 PM
faster than flies on......:lol: :lol:

Great.....now I'm scaring everyone away?!?:confused: :rolleyes:

bizzilizzit
09-20-2006, 10:18 PM
Are you all aware of another place we post?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ACWreenactor_singles/

Elizabeth

bizzilizzit
09-20-2006, 10:19 PM

Start singing, Jill. You'll lure them all back...
Elizabeth

Mojo1842
09-21-2006, 04:59 AM

That's a pretty tall order if you ask me considering how loopy we all are

Mojo1842
09-21-2006, 05:04 AM
Nah........I'm too dumb to know when to run and too stubborn to actually do it........ ;)

cookiemom
09-21-2006, 06:55 AM

That's a pretty tall order if you ask me considering how loopy we all are
...Perhaps Andy means "amusing," rather than "eccentric"...

[I've heard that it's healthy to be able to laugh at oneself, and not take oneself too seriously...
if that's true, we should all live to be as old as Sam (claims to be...) ;) :rolleyes: ]

Trooper Graham
09-21-2006, 07:50 AM

[I've heard that it's healthy to be able to laugh at oneself, and not take oneself too seriously...
if that's true, we should all live to be as old as Sam (claims to be...) ;) :rolleyes: ]

:mad: ...Gruel again. I guess they think here at the home that dentures can't chew steak anymore.

In my worldly travels I found that beside we Yanks the Aussies, Kiwis, Canucks and Brits (mostly Scots) can laugh at theirselves. Political correctness has destroyed alot of good humour so much that I have found with todays attitudes tend to infiltrate into our hobby of living history. So even though we might be munching down on hardtack we have to watch what we say about it among those we don't know that's eating it also.

I'm off to Jefferson Barracks today for a meet-up with some of my old 2nd Dragoons buddies. We're too old and stubborn to worry about what we say when we start talking about our times in war with Mexico. ;)

cookiemom
09-21-2006, 08:17 AM
... to come up with an appropriate name for this thread as it continues, as it will need to be broken into parts as time goes on. [Not a serious issue, but just so people know what to look for when a new part opens...]

"Reenactor Singles" was good, but I think the thread has evolved into something unlike anything Starbuck ever envisioned. [Where are you, anyway, Nathan?]

"Soldiers & Ladies" is fine, too, but doesn't include the civilian gentlemen who might care to join in.

"Bedlam" comes to mind... :rolleyes:

"The Cotillion"
"Happy Acres" (for Elizabeth and Sam ;) )

Any ideas? Can we set up a poll?

Trooper Graham
09-21-2006, 08:35 AM
... to come up with an appropriate name for this thread as it continues, as it will need to be broken into parts as time goes on. [Not a serious issue, but just so people know what to look for when a new part opens...]

"Reenactor Singles" was good, but I think the thread has evolved into something unlike anything Starbuck ever envisioned. [Where are you, anyway, Nathan?]

"Soldiers & Ladies" is fine, too, but doesn't include the civilian gentlemen who might care to join in.

"Bedlam" comes to mind... :rolleyes:

"The Cotillion"
"Happy Acres" (for Elizabeth and Sam ;) )

Any ideas? Can we set up a poll?

Civilians don't have the charm, suave and the dashing looks and stories of bravado to arrest the interest of the ladies. Many a love I have lost to anothers uniform. Many a love I have taken since putting one on. ;)

Sweet Potato
09-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Is this only for the elderly or can young people participate?

cookiemom
09-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Everyone is invited to post -- the more, the merrier. [You may find that some of our number are actually quite youthful... ;) ]

Welcome, Sweet Potato!

Scottish Songbird
09-21-2006, 10:12 AM

Well, age is all in the mind, right?!?!;) But, seriously, everyone is invited to play with us!!!!:p

cookiemom
09-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Civilians don't have the charm, suave and the dashing looks and stories of bravado to arrest the interest of the ladies. Many a love I have lost to anothers uniform. Many a love I have taken since putting one on. ;)
Will you tell us a story, Sam?

cookiemom
09-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Well, age is all in the mind, right?!?!;)
D'ya mean to tell me that if I imagine it hard enough, my 'laugh lines' will go away? ;)

bizzilizzit
09-21-2006, 01:51 PM
D'ya mean to tell me that if I imagine it hard enough, my 'laugh lines' will go away? ;)

Laugh lines I can live with!! It's what gravity altered that I'm havin' problems with.
Elizabeth

bizzilizzit
09-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Many a love I have taken since putting one on. ;)

I KNEW you were a naughty boy!
Elizabeth

bizzilizzit
09-21-2006, 01:54 PM

Have good laugh, Pete, at what your future looks like, right here!
Elizabeth

MStuart
09-21-2006, 02:27 PM
This is all starting to make me a little queazy :-)

Mark

bizzilizzit
09-21-2006, 03:21 PM
This is all starting to make me a little queazy :-)

Mark

I'm so sorry,Mark. Can I get you some Pepto?
Elizabeth

Mojo1842
09-21-2006, 03:22 PM
I hardly think that I qualify as elderly.....ill believe it when I get my golden buckeye card in the mail and when I stop getting carded for ordering a beer at BW3s.........
Of course I'm never sure whether to be flattered or offended when that happens......

cookiemom
09-21-2006, 03:30 PM
I, for one, will only admit to laugh lines. :rolleyes: [Maybe it's time to replace gggg-granny's photo with one of the 'real' me...]

Mark, we could always try to change the subject...

Bryan had asked earlier whether anyone had any fun events coming up this weekend. (Or soon.) (Or the rest of 'the season.') How about that?

BTW, Bryan, I saw on the NPS/Gettysburg website that Sharpshooters are doing living history presentations there on several upcoming weekends. Are you involved with that? Maybe I'll bring you some cookies...

cookiemom
09-21-2006, 03:36 PM
... Can I get you some Pepto?
Elizabeth
Wouldn't paregoric be more "authentic?" Although it's probably illegal now...

bizzilizzit
09-21-2006, 04:31 PM
I hardly think that I qualify as elderly.....ill believe it when I get my golden buckeye card in the mail and when I stop getting carded for ordering a beer at BW3s.........
Of course I'm never sure whether to be flattered or offended when that happens......

What's a BW3?

I started getting AARP applications when I turned 35! Now, I'm kinda looking forward to all those discounts...

Elizabeth

bizzilizzit
09-21-2006, 04:32 PM
Wouldn't paregoric be more "authentic?" Although it's probably illegal now...

If I knew what paregoric was, I might agree with you! How about some milk Punch?

Elizabeth

bizzilizzit
09-21-2006, 04:37 PM

Who you calling elderly? Just because I don't sparkle and shine don't mean I can't play with people half my age! Besides, my brain insists I'm still 20, but my body works like an old creaky pump. My brain makes me do some pretty stupid things, sometimes! Like sleeping on the ground at a Civil War event in early April...
Elizabeth

Mojo1842
09-21-2006, 04:48 PM
What's a BW3?

I started getting AARP applications when I turned 35! Now, I'm kinda looking forward to all those discounts...

Elizabeth
Buffalo wild wings........ I think they even have them in that uncivilized area of the state.....;)

As far as my mind not getting the news that I'm not as young as I used to be, its in denial despite my exhibiting a self destructive bent at work on a daily basis

Mojo1842
09-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Bryan had asked earlier whether anyone had any fun events coming up this weekend. (Or soon.) (Or the rest of 'the season.') How about that?

Two weeks until five days of teaching and demos at Tall Stacks for us...then two more weeks until the group makes our annual sojourn to Gettysburg for our final weekend...then we wont see each other for a little over a month until the Christmas party

or to quote the NMP website....

October 21-22, 2006
Living History Weekend
Ohio Valley Civil War Association with infantry, artillery, Signal Corps, medical, sharpshooters and more, camp and programs at the Pennsylvania Monument, Auto Tour Stop No. 12.

Kimmel
09-21-2006, 06:46 PM

Really?...... the smell usually scares 'em away :-D

Kimmel
09-21-2006, 06:48 PM
BTW, Bryan, I saw on the NPS/Gettysburg website that Sharpshooters are doing living history presentations there on several upcoming weekends. Are you involved with that? Maybe I'll bring you some cookies...

No thats Company C... I'm B

Trooper Graham
09-21-2006, 07:06 PM

Sure you can but I don't think you'll have as much fun if your without liver spots. :lol:

MStuart
09-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Really?...... the smell usually scares 'em away :-D

Ah......the "stank factor"

I use it to my advantage when traveling back from an event, usually on the Pa. Turnpike. I'm usually given a wide berth at the Starbucks when ordering my quad shot venti carmel machiato. In and out, no fuss, no muss. I think I get confused with some kind of neo-Amishman.

Mark

Trooper Graham
09-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Will you tell us a story, Sam?

Not without the permission from the Provost...........;)

Trooper Graham
09-21-2006, 07:10 PM
Laugh lines I can live with!! It's what gravity altered that I'm havin' problems with.
Elizabeth

Gravity altered??? I hear tell with men it's things being altered and no longer working.... I wouldn't know first hand..I only heard-tell. ;)

Trooper Graham
09-21-2006, 07:12 PM
I KNEW you were a naughty boy!
Elizabeth

naughty and what the youngins don't have yet that comes with age...experience.;)

(I'm sure many of the menfolk here are starting to puke their guts out)

Mojo1842
09-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Gravity altered??? I hear tell with men it's things being altered and no longer working.... I wouldn't know first hand..I only heard-tell. ;)

yeah, like marital status

Trooper Graham
09-21-2006, 07:46 PM

Man, if your suffering from a loss of marital status by way of alimony and/or child support I'd say a special blessing for you at mass...if I was catholic. :p

My motto has always been..Charm the ladies and keep them happy but never admit or commit and you'll live a very long and happy life. I've lived a very very long life and '****' (darn) am I happy.;)

Trooper Graham
09-21-2006, 07:51 PM
If Rhett could say to Scarlett "Frankly my dear I don't give a "****" then I would think we could use it as a descriptive verb here.....

bizzilizzit
09-21-2006, 08:03 PM

Ouch!
Elizabeth

Mojo1842
09-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Ouch!
Elizabeth

OOOOOPS, sorry bout that; just thinking out loud again:rolleyes:

Trooper Graham
09-21-2006, 08:23 PM
Ouch!
Elizabeth

I'm sure many here have 'been there done that' and the best medicine is like falling off a horse, you won't go forward until you get back up and remount.

bizzilizzit
09-21-2006, 08:25 PM
OOOOOPS, sorry bout that; just thinking out loud again:rolleyes:

My delicate sensibilities as a woman have been bruised, but you are forgiven. Besides, I was getting concerned the tête-à-tête was going to get heated, the gauntlet would be thrown, and a spontaneous duel would break out…
Elizabeth

bizzilizzit
09-21-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm sure many here have 'been there done that' and the best medicine is like falling off a horse, you won't go forward until you get back up and remount.

As long as your horse doesn't trample you before you regain your senses!
Elizabeth

Mojo1842
09-21-2006, 08:30 PM
My delicate sensibilities as a woman have been bruised, but you are forgiven. Besides, I was getting concerned the tête-à-tête was going to get heated, the gauntlet would be thrown, and a spontaneous duel would break out…
Elizabeth

Either that or I would have just signed off and left you to stew.....of course every time someone replies my Blackberry starts buzzing and it keeps me awake....

Trooper Graham
09-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Either that or I would have just signed off and left you to stew.....of course every time someone replies my Blackberry starts buzzing and it keeps me awake....

Is it my Alzheimers or are you two talking in code?

bizzilizzit
09-21-2006, 08:33 PM

Now that I know your secret, when I can't stay asleep and I'm bored at 3am...
Elizabeth

bizzilizzit
09-21-2006, 08:35 PM

What conversation, Sam? No one's chatting here. Perhaps one of your matrons has slipped some sleeping powder into your gruel and you've dreaming with your eyes open again, like a snake?
Elizabeth

Mojo1842
09-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Nah, I have one of those evil little phones that checks my email for me and since I subscribe to a couple threads on here plus the yahoo group I can get a bit of mail

Mojo1842
09-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Two weeks until five days of teaching and demos at Tall Stacks for us...then two more weeks until the group makes our annual sojourn to Gettysburg for our final weekend...then we wont see each other for a little over a month until the Christmas party

or to quote the NMP website....

October 21-22, 2006
Living History Weekend
Ohio Valley Civil War Association with infantry, artillery, Signal Corps, medical, sharpshooters and more, camp and programs at the Pennsylvania Monument, Auto Tour Stop No. 12.

Oh, and pioneer village at Caeser Creek Lake this weekend if the rain stays managable.....two battles this year...both in the rain

Scottish Songbird
09-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Hey...stay away for a few hours and you guys post 3 new pages....amazing!!!

Unfortunately I have nothing clever to say.............uh..................:rolleyes:

Oh well...................;)

Scottish Songbird
09-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Remember that I'm neither this witty nor this charming in real life. :quoted by Scott!!!

Awww Scott....don't burst my bubble now....you were really beginning to convince me!!!:p ;)

Mojo1842
09-22-2006, 04:47 AM
Unfortunately I have nothing clever to say.............uh..................:rolleyes:

Oh well...................;)
Me either.....I just say it anyway. Guess I just sorta babble.

Mojo1842
09-22-2006, 05:20 AM
Remember that I'm neither this witty nor this charming in real life. :quoted by Scott!!!

Awww Scott....don't burst my bubble now....you were really beginning to convince me!!!:p ;)

well, one of these days you'll find out....then run away screaming;)

tompritchett
09-22-2006, 08:36 AM
I hear tell with men it's things being altered and no longer working.... I wouldn't know first hand..I only heard-tell.

Right!! Don't worry your pharmacist will never tell.

tompritchett
09-22-2006, 08:44 AM
Not without the permission from the Provost...........

Yes, remember Ladies when one of you requested that we try to keep it to a GP rating here during the Manners thread. However, even with a GP rating it can still get pretty wild as those of who can remember the Red Skeleton and Bob Hope ablibs during their sketches together on Red's show - you know the one where Carol Burnette got her big TV start as the comedical cleaning lady. (Now I have dated myself haven't I)

tompritchett
09-22-2006, 08:47 AM
I think I get confused with some kind of neo-Amishman.

It has gotten to the point now with my haircut, sideburns and beard, that at the start of each semester, I have to tell my students that I am not Amish or Mennonite to stop the questions and whispers before they start.

Trooper Graham
09-22-2006, 09:28 AM
those of who can remember the Red Skeleton

(Now I have dated myself haven't I)

Don't fret Tom, I was a Al Jolsen fan. I saw him many times on stage during his Vaudville days and I became a Red Skelton fan too when he joined Vaudville. AAAH! those were the days. ;)

bizzilizzit
09-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Don't fret Tom, I was a Al Jolsen fan. I saw him many times on stage during his Vaudville days and I became a Red Skelton fan too when he joined Vaudville. AAAH! those were the days. ;)

I loved watching the Red Skeleton show as a kid! I esp. liked his caterpillar bit and, or course, the drunken bum skits. VERY funny without being vulgar!
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-22-2006, 12:28 PM
I loved watching the Red Skeleton show as a kid! I esp. liked his caterpillar bit and, or course, the drunken bum skits. VERY funny without being vulgar!
Elizabeth

Elizabeth!!!!!!!!!!!!! saw your advert and photos on another site. Do you give OAP's discounts???????? From what I see you might be able to get some movement in these old bones of mine...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trooper Graham
09-22-2006, 12:29 PM
Elizabeth

Remember his 45RPM record with "God Bless America" on one side and "The Clown" on the other?

bizzilizzit
09-22-2006, 12:48 PM
Elizabeth!!!!!!!!!!!!! saw your advert and photos on another site. Do you give OAP's discounts???????? From what I see you might be able to get some movement in these old bones of mine...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Advert? I'm advertising something? Pray tell, what is it?
What's OAP (I really must study up on all these abbreviations!)?
Elizabeth

bizzilizzit
09-22-2006, 12:50 PM
Remember his 45RPM record with "God Bless America" on one side and "The Clown" on the other?

I missed that one, Sam! Do you get to play it at the home on your Victrola?
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Advert? I'm advertising something? Pray tell, what is it?
What's OAP (I really must study up on all these abbreviations!)?
Elizabeth

Old Age Pensioner...

Trooper Graham
09-22-2006, 01:10 PM
I missed that one, Sam! Do you get to play it at the home on your Victrola?
Elizabeth

It wasn't God Bless America, it was 'The Pledge of Alliegence"...senior moment there, sorry.

Kimmel
09-22-2006, 02:23 PM
I'm very lost at the moment :-D All this old geezer talk :-D ;-)

Trooper Graham
09-22-2006, 02:32 PM

I know Bryan, reading these old geezer posts is making me age...;)

cookiemom
09-22-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm lost, too, Bryan, and I'm at least twice your age...

How old are you anyway? (How long do you have to wait for that mint julep? ;) )
How's the tractor coming along?
What are you studying this year?
How's the weather in NY?
What can we do to change the subject?

Ma

Anna Allen
09-22-2006, 09:25 PM
NO!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH

Oh my gosh. You can say that again.

Seriously you guys, I know you all are having fun, but why can't you start your own forum instead of cluttering this one? I really don't think this forum was set up as a dating service for CW reenactors. Does this conversation contribute at all to researching or have anything to do with the time period between 1861-1865, otherwise known as the American Civil War??? Try to think about this for at least ten minutes and if you're still not convinced, think about it some more. Please, for the love of everyone's sanity, PLEASE move this to your own forum or e-list. You know it's really not that hard to start your own yahoo group.

PLEASE????

Trooper Graham
09-22-2006, 09:36 PM
I really don't think this forum was set up as a dating service for CW reenactors.

PLEASE????

I didn't know I was looking for a date. I thought the talk was more related to old people with false teeth, liver spots and parts that sag and don't work anymore that are all into reenacting the Civil War or rather the War of the Rebellion.

Old Sam

CandaceRose
09-22-2006, 09:40 PM
I'm sorry Miss Anna..I tried to keep them off here!! There is actually a Yahoo Group but no one seems to want to use it. One virulent poster here has urged folks to keep clogging the bandwith on the Forum, I begged to differ but it fell on deaf ears. Oh well...

bizzilizzit
09-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Oh my gosh. You can say that again.

Seriously you guys, I know you all are having fun, but why can't you start your own forum instead of cluttering this one? I really don't think this forum was set up as a dating service for CW reenactors. Does this conversation contribute at all to researching or have anything to do with the time period between 1861-1865, otherwise known as the American Civil War??? Try to think about this for at least ten minutes and if you're still not convinced, think about it some more. Please, for the love of everyone's sanity, PLEASE move this to your own forum or e-list. You know it's really not that hard to start your own yahoo group.

PLEASE????
If this particular thread bothers you so, Anna, why do you read it?
Yes, we've talked about CW events with a light-hearted attitude.
Elizabeth

Anna Allen
09-22-2006, 09:47 PM
If this particular thread bothers you so, Anna, why do you read it?
Yes, we've talked about CW events with a light-hearted attitude.
Elizabeth

This and that other huge thread is pretty hard not to miss. I just skimmed through parts of it. In my opinion, it's a waste of time to read the whole thing. But I will say no more. Obviously I'm the ONLY one who thinks this thread doesn't belong here. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I will say no more. Y'all continue doing your thing and taking up extra space on this forum if you must.

Anna Allen
09-22-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm sorry Miss Anna..I tried to keep them off here!! There is actually a Yahoo Group but no one seems to want to use it. One virulent poster here has urged folks to keep clogging the bandwith on the Forum, I begged to differ but it fell on deaf ears. Oh well...

Thanks, Candace. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. I tried not to say anything, but it's grating on my nerves.

John1862
09-22-2006, 10:02 PM
To the defense....I have no problem with the topic nor the matters discussed therein, just find that it would be much more suitable on a Yahoo page or something of the like. Also we dont want to keep the faithful moderators unneccessarily busy now do we...

bizzilizzit
09-22-2006, 10:05 PM
To the defense....I have no problem with the topic nor the matters discussed therein, just find that it would be much more suitable on a Yahoo page or something of the like. Also we dont want to keep the faithful moderators unneccessarily busy now do we...

I posted this two days ago - here it is again:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ACWreenactor_singles/messages?o=1

Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-22-2006, 10:08 PM
I shall retreat back to my cell and eat gruel the rest of my life....

Scottish Songbird
09-22-2006, 11:50 PM
I shall retreat back to my cell and eat gruel the rest of my life....

Come back sir...........we need you!!!!!:p ;)

cookiemom
09-22-2006, 11:58 PM
Heaven, help us. Grumpy season has hit the party thread.

Seriously you guys, I know you all are having fun, but why can't you start your own forum instead of cluttering this one?
See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ACWreenactor_singles/
(founded July 8, 2006, specifically in response to requests on this forum)

I really don't think this forum was set up as a dating service for CW reenactors.
No, but the "Singles" thread in the civilian forum started as a direct request for something similar (way back in April), and grew as people began to appreciate having a way to make more informal contact.

Does this conversation contribute at all to researching or have anything to do with the time period between 1861-1865, otherwise known as the American Civil War???In fact, as a direct result of some exchanges in the "Singles" thread, I learned that my ggg-grandfather was with Morgan's Raiders. [Thanks again, William.] I've been told that's "cool." But maybe that's not 'serious' information?

Try to think about this for at least ten minutes and if you're still not convinced, think about it some more.I think more quickly than that, most of the time. ;)
Please, for the love of everyone's sanity, PLEASE move this to your own forum or e-list.

You know it's really not that hard to start your own yahoo group.PLEASE????I do know. I did it months ago, and the link has been posted in the "Singles" thread at least three times. Your comments have been made without your being fully informed.

This and that other huge thread is pretty hard not to miss. I just skimmed through parts of it.As I said just above, your comments have been made without your being fully informed.
In my opinion, it's a waste of time to read the whole thing.
Then, by all means, don't try. It took five months to create, and lots of folks had fun contributing to it (797 posts.) And even more had fun reading it (15, 945 views, as I write this.)
But I will say no more. Obviously I'm the ONLY one who thinks this thread doesn't belong here. :rolleyes: Perhaps, or perhaps not. But yours is the first 'serious' objection posted since the thread began in April.

Anna, I'm sorry you feel pressured to read it all. You really don't need to follow every thread. And this one is supposed to be all in fun. And now it's even in the Whine Cellar. ;) But if you're not amused by it, 'just say no' and don't click to open the thread. And please never visit the OTB. :twisted:

Sorry, I will say no more. Y'all continue doing your thing and taking up extra space on this forum if you must.

Regarding the "Singles" thread:

I think this holds the all time record for length of service, number of posts and number of views. Time to carry these discussions to new threads.

Thanks for making this a vibrant community.

Provost

In this, as in all things forum-related, we will abide by the decisions of the administrators and moderators.

Scottish Songbird
09-23-2006, 12:00 AM
Alright everyone....hey it's Saturday and it's 1:00 in the morning and I'm ready to dance........anybody want to join me?!?!?!?:p ;)

Let's Polka....................................wheeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee............

C'mon Scott, Trooper Graham, Carole, let's not let anybody spoil our fun!!!:D

cookiemom
09-23-2006, 12:18 AM
There is actually a Yahoo Group but no one seems to want to use it.
Twenty-three members, 102 posts... not like this forum, it's true, but not exactly 'no one' either...

cookiemom
09-23-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm lost, too, Bryan, and I'm at least twice your age... How old are you anyway? (How long do you have to wait for that mint julep? ;) )

...What can we do to change the subject?

Ma

...Seriously you guys, I know you all are having fun, but...
Welcome, Anna! And thanks for changing the subject! ;)

If you're not otherwise busy Saturday evening, come on by and see if we've got anything fun going on. You might enjoy it after all!

Ma

bizzilizzit
09-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Welcome, Anna! And thanks for changing the subject! ;)

If you're not otherwise busy Saturday evening, come on by and see if we've got anything fun going on. You might enjoy it after all!

Ma

Thank you Mom for your recent posts! What would us little chickies do without Mother Hen to stop the pecking and try to bring us back to the fold as one big happy family!
You ARE the sane and reasonable glue that holds this thread together.
Elizabeth
Please don't stop posting your music threads!

cookiemom
09-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Thank you Mom for your recent posts! What would us little chickies do without Mother Hen to stop the pecking and try to bring us back to the fold as one big happy family!
You ARE the sane and reasonable glue that holds this thread together.
Elizabeth
Please don't stop posting your music threads!
Me? Sane and reasonable? What a hoot! ;)
[Any sanity or rationality I may retain at present I attribute directly to my involvement with folks I've met 'in the hobby' and on this forum. Some of you even know who you are... ;) ]

For now, an encore:

http://www.slack-time.com/music-videos/Country-Music/Rascal-Flatts/Me-And-My-Gang.shtml

And thanks, Elizabeth. It's all in a day's work. [Twenty-two hours' worth, yesterday.]

Catch y'all later.

Ma
It'sMyHobbyAnd I'll Laugh If I WantTo Mess

P.S. I've been called many things in my life, but this is the first time for 'glue.' Hmmm... will the fella who called me 'angel' a few days ago consider sending more PMs? I get a lot of mileage out of a little "sweet talk"... :rolleyes: notwithstanding the fact that my kid says real angels don't ride brooms...:twisted:

Anna Allen
09-23-2006, 11:34 AM
And please never visit the OTB.

Oh, come on. Everyone knows the OTB is a place to post anything and everything, unlike this forum. At least that's what I thought... If this conversation was going on in the OTB, then I never would have brought up any objection whatsoever. But again, I'm not gonna say anymore about it. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything in the first place, but for some reason I thought there were more people thinking the same way and I felt like something should be said. (And by the way, don't take what I say personally. It's really not meant to be.)

cookiemom
09-23-2006, 12:13 PM
...Maybe I shouldn't have said anything in the first place...
Nobody here but us chickens...

I recently threatened to post a photo of myself instead of my gggg-granny...

Which do y'all prefer?

http://www.backyardpoultry.com/vis/silkie4.jpg [I know. It was a bad hair day.]

http://www.backyardpoultry.com/pics/sil2.jpg

CandaceRose
09-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Anna-
Believe me, you're not the only one who is fed up with the way these posts have turned. (Why do you think those fellows groaned "not again" ??) Sure, there were interesting nuggets of info within the thread (who knew that prostitute impressions were so much fun to read about!) but most of it was dialogue between one or two folks. Things like that need to be carried off forum. Besides, the moderators have enough to worry with on the "Perryville Registration" thread than have to slog through these posts.

My two cents..please don't ask for a refund..

cookiemom
09-23-2006, 03:28 PM
As we have been reminded elsewhere, if everyone could remember that we are guests seated at Mr. Szabo's dining table, perhaps we could avoid any more of our own Great Unpleasantness.

That said, please take a deep breath and repeat after me:

This is the Whine Cellar. (This is the Whine Cellar.)
No one is forcing me to be here. (No one is forcing me to be here.)
No one is forcing me to read anything. (No one is forcing me to read anything.)
No one is expecting me to read anything. (No one is expecting me to read anything.)
I am powerful. (I am powerful.)
I can leave here with one click of my finger. (I can leave here with one click of my finger.)
[Click.]

MStuart
09-23-2006, 04:27 PM
As we have been reminded elsewhere, if everyone could remember that we are guests seated at Mr. Szabo's dining table, perhaps we could avoid any more of our own Great Unpleasantness.

That said, please take a deep breath and repeat after me:

This is the Whine Cellar. (This is the Whine Cellar.)
No one is forcing me to be here. (No one is forcing me to be here.)
No one is forcing me to read anything. (No one is forcing me to read anything.)
No one is expecting me to read anything. (No one is expecting me to read anything.)
I am powerful. (I am powerful.)
I can leave here with one click of my finger. (I can leave here with one click of my finger.)
[Click.]

Actually, it's posts like this that'll do more to further the unpleasantness than anything else. Responses have triggered other responses that are starting to mirror the General Discussion battles.

Both "sides" have points. On the one hand, being the whine cellar, the thread surely qualifies. However, it has very little to do with the civil war and reenacting and, from the outside looking in, can look like an e-harmony.com section for reenactors or myspace.com chatroom. Personally, I can see where others think it should be continued on a different forum. That may seem a bit hypocritical from one who has contributed to the "fun" of the threads, but, it is what it is. It's not meant as a rebuke, just an observation.

Now that I've offended everyone with my incisive thoughts, I'll be in the wardroom.....

Mark

Trooper Graham
09-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Now that I've offended everyone with my incisive thoughts, I'll be in the wardroom.....

Mark

....and how is the gruel in the wardroom? Mine is lumpy, tasteless and repulsive.

Michael Pierpoint
09-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Reading these post I have been getting very tickled. Now I'am not as old as some of you, Just turning the big 40 this year. But let me say I have had to get glasses this year, and the first thing I noticed that my six pac has turned into a keg. My wife has made me get hearing aids so I can here her. And the dentist has more of my teeth than I do. Now it sounds like it will only get worse. Oh my my

Cheers
Michael

Trooper Graham
09-23-2006, 07:37 PM
. My wife has made me get hearing aids so I can here her.
. Oh my my

Cheers
Michael

If a hearing aid is all that your wife has made you acquire...then your still is pretty good shape. ;) :lol:

bizzilizzit
09-23-2006, 07:39 PM
To Post or Not To Post. THAT is the question!
Elizabeth

Michael Pierpoint
09-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Well I forgot to mention that I have to walk on one of those funny contraption where you don't get know where, and I can only drink lite beer on saturday nites

HELP!!!!

Michael

Trooper Graham
09-23-2006, 07:53 PM
Elizabeth

No Guts No Glory

Trooper Graham
09-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Well I forgot to mention that I have to walk

HELP!!!!

Michael

You can still walk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

bizzilizzit
09-23-2006, 08:03 PM
NASHVILLE DISPATCH, December 28, 1862, p.4, c. 1-3

Humors of the War. Letter from Orpheus C. Kerr, Histo-rian of the Mackerel Brigade. From the New York Sunday Mercury.

…Being thus possessed of a reverence for that sex, whose bonnets remind me of cake-baskets, I cannot refrain from frowning indignantly upon that horrible spirit of national tyranny which inspired Sergeant O’Pake, of the demoralized Mackerel Brigade, to issue the following

General Order,

For the purpose of simplifying national strategy to those conservative women of America who, while in the pursuit of happiness as guaranteed by the Constitution, desire to visit the Southern Confederacy, it is ordered that they shall answer the following paternal questions before passing the lines of the Mackerel brigade:

I - For how many years has your age been Just Twenty-two?

II – How many novels do you consume per week?

III – Were you ever complained of to the authorities for inordinate piano forte playing?

IV – Do you work slippers for the heathen?

V – If so; for what He then?

VI – What newspaper “Marriages and Deaths” do you consider the best?

VII – In selecting a church to attend, what colored prayer-book do you find most becoming to your complexion?

VIII – How much display of neck do you consider necessary to indicate a Modesty which shrinks from showing an ancle? (sic)

IX – Did you ever stoop to Folly? Or is it folly alone that stoops to you?

X – Did you ever eat as much as you wanted at dinner, when members of the opposite sex were opposite?

It is also ordered that no female visitor to the celebrated Southern Confederacy shall carry more than eight large trunks and a bonnet box for each month in the year; and that no female shall pass the line whose dimensions in full dress exceed the ordinary space between two pickets, as the latter will, on no account, be permitted to edge away from the stations at this trying crisis in the history of our distracted country.
O’Pake
Sergeant, Mackerel Brigade.

From the more than gracious Vicki Betts’ website:
http://www.uttyler.edu/vbetts/nashville_daily_union_ag62-fe63.htm

Elizabeth

Michael Pierpoint
09-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Yes , some days I can walk when the gout is not to bad. Hey ain't this day Saturday. Lite beer is better than no beer.

Skail

Michael

bizzilizzit
09-23-2006, 08:39 PM
Oh, come on. Everyone knows the OTB is a place to post anything and everything, unlike this forum.

Ok, again with the initials instead of using the actual words. Is this a mid-west thing? It took me over a year after arriving here to realize that UDF stands for United Dairy Farmer - the convenience store down the street from where I live and pump gas at.
I hafta ask - what's OTB?
Elizabeth
PS - I've started a notepad...

bizzilizzit
09-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Nobody here but us chickens...

http://www.backyardpoultry.com/vis/silkie4.jpg [I know. It was a bad hair day.]

http://www.backyardpoultry.com/pics/sil2.jpg

These are GREAT! Thanks for the laugh!
Elizabeth

bizzilizzit
09-23-2006, 08:42 PM
....and how is the gruel in the wardroom? Mine is lumpy, tasteless and repulsive.

Try adding a roach and a couple of grey-backs. The crunch really helps!
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-23-2006, 08:57 PM
The note that was slid under my cell door read that I'd be let out for an hour. The hour is up....goodnight. It's saturday night too, what a shame. ;)

Mojo1842
09-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Elizabeth
I haven't an answer to that, which is why I've shut up.

cookiemom
09-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Elizabeth

In this, as in all things forum-related, we will abide by the decisions of the administrators and moderators.Does silence imply consent, or attention focused elsewhere?

Is this all a tempest in a teapot?

http://www.zaxpax.com/exercise.htm

Ma
Cluck, cluck...

bizzilizzit
09-24-2006, 11:14 AM
Does silence imply consent, or attention focused elsewhere?

Ma
Cluck, cluck...

Took a break from looking through VERY old family photos for Christmas present projects...
Thanks for the Chicken Dance music! I tried to fly my wings and clunk with the music, but these rickety old bones didn't want to cooperate after sitting on the floor for over two hours!
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-24-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm out for 30 minutes in the exersize yard. Solitary here at the home means the dungeon. I've learned to tap code through the walls. It seems the dude on the other side got life for trying to start up a similiar thread on the AC forum. It wasn't because of the thread but because he wasn't atalkin authentic piglatin....Darn! times up. Be back when it's evening gruel time. I hear tell it's being made into gruel cakes and frying them in possum fat tonight...yum yum.:lol:

Trooper Graham
09-24-2006, 03:18 PM

Ma
Cluck, cluck...

Hiya Ma! Sure miss yur chicken-n-dumplins...........How about throwin a breast over the wall to me? :p

Mojo1842
09-24-2006, 04:15 PM

Ma
Cluck, cluck...

More than likely

Kimmel
09-24-2006, 05:54 PM
I leave for an event for 2 days and we all start fighting? I thought the whine cellar was the cold, damp, place (with bad gruel) where we could post anything we wanted? Eh... but what do I no? Anyway... Sorry I haven't answered any of your questions Cookiemom, but maybe I shoule go post the answers on a less grumpier place. Can't ya'll tell this fighting is tearing us apart?!?!? Why can't we all just get along??? :-D

bizzilizzit
09-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Why can't we all just get along??? :-D

I'm amiable!
Besides, have you seen the poop flying on the other threads??? I'd be afraid to post ANYTHING for fear of not being able to duck fast enough...
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-24-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm amiable!
Besides, have you seen the poop flying on the other threads??? I'd be afraid to post ANYTHING for fear of not being able to duck fast enough...
Elizabeth

There must be a full moon on all threads. ;)

bizzilizzit
09-24-2006, 06:38 PM

Ma
Cluck, cluck...

"I want all you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs, go to the window, and yell 'I'm as mad as ****, and I'm not going to take this anymore!'"

Can anyone name the movie?
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-24-2006, 06:39 PM
"I want all you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs, go to the window, and yell 'I'm as mad as ****, and I'm not going to take this anymore!'"

Can anyone name the movie?
Elizabeth

One who flew over the cuckoo's nest.

bizzilizzit
09-24-2006, 06:41 PM
One who flew over the cuckoo's nest.

A nice (and relevant) try, but not correct.
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-24-2006, 06:46 PM
A nice (and relevant) try, but not correct.
Elizabeth

Catch 22..........

bizzilizzit
09-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Catch 22..........

Gone back too far, Sam.

Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Gone back too far, Sam.

Elizabeth

Aren't you taking this thread to solitary confinement for yourself by turning it into 'Twenty Questions'? :p I hope for your sake the answer has something to do with reenacting or your doomed........

bizzilizzit
09-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Aren't you taking this thread to solitary confinement for yourself by turning it into 'Twenty Questions'? :p I hope for your sake the answer has something to do with reenacting or your doomed........

I am not doomed, I am damned.

The answer is NETWORK. Which is exactly what reenacting forums should provide - networks to connect you with the right people and events for your particular style of reenacting.
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-24-2006, 07:03 PM
I am not doomed, I am damned.

The answer is NETWORK. Which is exactly what reenacting forums should provide - networks to connect you with the right people and events for your particular style of reenacting.
Elizabeth

And here I was thinking it was Bell South. :lol:

Scottish Songbird
09-24-2006, 07:16 PM
Ok, ok, I just want to know how everyone is this evening? Also, I just can't believe no one wanted to waltz or polka!?!?!? Hey, a polka in a hoopskirt is lots of fun.....really!!!!:rolleyes:

Get ready.............I'm moving my furniture now.............so let's dance!!!!!:p

Trooper Graham
09-24-2006, 07:37 PM
This is what I like. You create a thread...go dancing...holy **** breaks out...you come back and want to dance some more completely innocent. Your this way because your not the one in the wardroom, chicken coop or dungeon. Are you a picses Jill?

BTW, your PM box is full.

tompritchett
09-24-2006, 08:14 PM

A little of both.

tompritchett
09-24-2006, 08:21 PM
I hafta ask - what's OTB?

The Off Topic Boys forum, renamed to the Oklahoma Tourist Bureau forum. The ultimate whine cellar for Civil War reenactors. All topics and subjects. Just bring a thick skin and slightly to heavily warped sense of humor.

Scottish Songbird
09-24-2006, 10:19 PM
This is what I like. You create a thread...go dancing...holy **** breaks out...you come back and want to dance some more completely innocent. Your this way because your not the one in the wardroom, chicken coop or dungeon. Are you a picses Jill?

BTW, your PM box is full.

Hey, just trying to keep the mood light here!!!! ;) (and not make anybody mad!:p
I am a Libra!;)
P.S. Cleared my PM box - send away!!!

Trooper Graham
09-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Hey, just trying to keep the mood light here!!!! ;) (and not make anybody mad!:p
I am a Libra!;)
P.S. Cleared my PM box - send away!!!

All's well now anyway it seems. One of the wardens posted something about having double naugahyde skin and being warped. ;)

cookiemom
09-25-2006, 12:59 AM
In other news, King Friday XIII has outlawed all fun...Where is Mister Rogers when you need him? Alas...

Hiya Ma! Sure miss yur chicken-n-dumplins...I'm afraid you've got me confused with some other hen, Trooper...we don't practice cannibalism...cluck, cluck...

...Sorry I haven't answered any of your questions Cookiemom, but maybe I shoule go post the answers on a less grumpier place.You can always send PMs to the coop, Bryan - the other hens like to hear the 'beep-beep' when messages come in. I think it reminds them of the time a roadrunner came to visit...

[Hey, I think I'm gettin' into this 'chicken' thing. It's given me a whole new perspective on the world. Everything's much simpler down here. Just keep scratchin' for feed, try not to get stepped on, and (as a rooster friend told me this afternoon) don't let the turkeys get you down.]

...the cuckoo's nest...
My coop resembles that remark...hey, wasn't Jill (oops, "Scottish Songbird") talking to chickens back in August at the county fair? I forget whether they talked back...

... what reenacting forums should provide - networks to connect you with the right people and events for your particular style of reenacting.Is there a website for 'chicken' reenactors? Maybe I should start one...:rolleyes:

This is what I like. You create a thread...go dancing...holy **** breaks out...you come back and want to dance some more completely innocent. Your this way because your not the one in the wardroom, chicken coop or dungeon.It's not Jill's fault...and we're trying to move on, but let's all try to stay out of the 'doghouse.' ;)

The Off Topic Boys forum...The ultimate whine cellar for Civil War reenactors. All topics and subjects. Just bring a ... heavily warped sense of humor.There's a place for us,
somewhere, a place for us... ;)

Ma
Won'tYouBeMyNeighbor?Cluck,cluck Mess

bizzilizzit
09-25-2006, 08:47 AM
[Hey, I think I'm gettin' into this 'chicken' thing. It's given me a whole new perspective on the world. Everything's much simpler down here. Just keep scratchin' for feed, try not to get stepped on, and (as a rooster friend told me this afternoon) don't let the turkeys get you down.]

There's a place for us,
somewhere, a place for us... ;)

Ma
Won'tYouBeMyNeighbor?Cluck,cluck Mess

There IS a place for us chickies, Ma!
http://www.whydidthechickencrosstheroad.com/

This is my Chicken Horoscope - perhaps you'd like to look up yours?
http://www.whydidthechickencrosstheroad.com/astrology/

Astrological Signs of the ZodiEgg
(Chicken Horoscopes)

Cancer

CANCER (June 21 to July 22):
While having a tough shell-like exterior, Cancer chickens are very sensitive and vulnerable. They have very delicate emotions, and are always attuned to their environment and the feelings of those around them. They have a constant and urgent need to feel safe and always act defensively. They will only cross the road when there is danger to themselves or others on this side.

cookiemom
09-25-2006, 09:32 AM
There IS a place for us chickies, Ma!
http://www.whydidthechickencrosstheroad.com/
Actually, I was referring to the "warped sense of humor" part...

This is my Chicken Horoscope - perhaps you'd like to look up yours?
http://www.whydidthechickencrosstheroad.com/astrology/
"VIRGO (August 23 to September 22):
Virgos are practical and adaptable. They have a strong desire to succeed, are very discriminating and tend to be critical of others. They strive for perfection. They are very poultriatarian and will usually cross for the good of other chickens and because it is the proper or correct thing to do."

Hmmm...

Mojo1842
09-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Saints preserve us.....

Call me a bad egg, but........

Is this the level we've sunk to.......what's your sign? ;)

PS......I'm a Taurus.....

bizzilizzit
09-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Saints preserve us.....

Here's yer sign, Scot...

Astrological Signs of the ZodiEgg
(Chicken Horoscopes)

Taurus

TAURUS (April 20 to May 20):
Taurus chickens are strong willed and have a down to earth attitude toward life. They are overly interested in material things and have a real need for security. They feel unsettled unless comfortable. They will cross only if there is more security on the other side or to obtain material possessions.

Elizabeth

Mojo1842
09-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Actually I already looked at it ;)
To be honest, its not totally correct. Anymore, I'm trying to simplify my life, so I'm not exactly interested in having a lot of stuff.
Actually I'm looking forward to building a cabin on my cousins farm in Kentucky with no electricity and no running water.....simple.

Trooper Graham
09-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Saints preserve us.....

Even though I was the first to ask or rather 'break an egg' in this case, I didn't think it would go in this direction. :lol:

Trooper Graham
09-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Actually I'm looking forward to building a cabin on my cousins farm in Kentucky with no electricity and no running water.....simple.

If you change your mind I wouldn't. I hear tell it's common in Kintuckee for cabins to be without elctricity and water. Just make sure you build next to a stream and build your outhouse down stream. :p :p

cookiemom
09-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Even though I was the first to ask or rather 'break an egg' in this case, I didn't think it would go in this direction. :lol:...but that's just what happens in this thread...

And we're not the only ones using "fowl" language... (see "Messes" thread)

It's a different dynamic....and NOT a chicken or egg coming first question. Uh-oh! Let's not get into THAT argument... it nearly tore my flock apart last time, what with the 'egg' crew claiming that they were the only authentics, and accusing the 'chicken' crew of being poseurs...

[If you've ever seen the inside of a chicken coop, you know what a REAL mess is... :rolleyes:]

Ma
OrganicFertilizersLLC Cluck,cluck

Trooper Graham
09-25-2006, 02:35 PM
...but that's just what happens in this thread...

what with the 'egg' crew claiming that they were the only authentics, and accusing the 'chicken' crew of being poseurs...

Ma
OrganicFertilizersLLC Cluck,cluck

Careful now Ma, we woudn't want anyone thinking your deliberatly spreading the dreaded 'BIRD FLU'.....;)

MStuart
09-25-2006, 04:59 PM
.......what's your sign? ;)

My sign? Feces

Mark

Trooper Graham
09-25-2006, 05:11 PM
My sign? Feces

Mark

Good one...:lol: :lol:

bizzilizzit
09-25-2006, 05:19 PM
My sign? Feces

Mark

I was wondering what that smell was! I thought it was the chicken coop.
Elizabeth

Mojo1842
09-25-2006, 06:15 PM
My sign? Feces

Mark
Actually, my sign is

*blink* *blink*
Neon ;)

Trooper Graham
09-25-2006, 06:33 PM

OOOPS!!! too late.

Scottish Songbird
09-25-2006, 07:52 PM
This is crazy, man...............but I LOVE it!!!!;)

And I STILL can't get anyone to dance.............:rolleyes:

Michael Pierpoint
09-25-2006, 07:57 PM
I can do the funky Chicken

Michael

Scottish Songbird
09-25-2006, 08:02 PM

Michael

Really?!?!?!..............well, I guess that's better than nothing....ok....I'll start moving the furniture...:p :rolleyes:

Michael Pierpoint
09-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Really?!?!?!..............well, I guess that's better than nothing....ok....I'll start moving the furniture...:p :rolleyes:

You mite want to cover the windows with plywood also

Michael

Scottish Songbird
09-25-2006, 08:08 PM
You mite want to cover the windows with plywood also

Michael

Ok Michael, is this because of the nature of the dance or do you just not want anyone to see?!?!?:p ;)

Mojo1842
09-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Man, she'll settle for just about anything ;)
Heck, I bet she'd even do the boogaloo.........

What's next......dating broken down horsemen? ;)

Michael Pierpoint
09-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Ok Michael, is this because of the nature of the dance or do you just not want anyone to see?!?!?:p ;)

Well I just don't want any of ypur windows broke when I dance, I just can't get the hang of it but I will try try try. As for people seeing they would laugh til they cried at my dancing at least that the way has been in the past.

Michael

Michael Pierpoint
09-25-2006, 08:29 PM

Scott
Could you explain the boogaloo a may know this dance by another name.
If it is, I broke my ankle doing this dance

Michael

Scottish Songbird
09-25-2006, 08:29 PM

Oh no, Scott......you're right.....................I'm doomed....doomed I tell you!!! :rolleyes:

P.S. I'm off to me castle dungeon room now......oh woe is me!?!?!?:cry:

Trooper Graham
09-25-2006, 08:37 PM

HEY HEY!!!!!!!! leave me out of this.

Scottish Songbird
09-25-2006, 08:47 PM
HEY HEY!!!!!!!! leave me out of this.

Uh-oh...............guess I've lost hold of your reins now, eh Trooper?!?!?!?;)

cookiemom
09-25-2006, 08:53 PM
HEY HEY!!!!!!!! leave me out of this.Nope.
http://www.charliespring.com/cdpage.html
Scroll down to the bottom and click on "I've Got Spurs."

Welcome, Michael! (Looks as though you've met the other cast members and know your way around here already...)

Michael Pierpoint
09-25-2006, 09:01 PM
Nope.

Welcome, Michael! (Looks as though you've met the other cast members and know your way around here already...)
Ms. Cookiemom
Yes ma'am I usally try to stay in the background and stay quite I do not get in to much trouble but every now and again getting into trouble can be fun

Skail
Michael

Trooper Graham
09-25-2006, 09:04 PM
Nope.

Yes yes yes!!!! you got that right Cookiemama....

Actually it brought back Montana memories. When I was there the ratio was seven ladies to every one cowboy. Handling seven at a time....ah! those were 'surely' the days. :lol:

Mojo1842
09-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Scott
Could you explain the boogaloo a may know this dance by another name.
If it is, I broke my ankle doing this dance

Michael
um.......I don't think its been done in my lifetime........unless it was done during the filming of the blues brothers........ice only heard whispered stories of pulled groins, etc...... Its safely late 60s

Trooper Graham
09-25-2006, 09:25 PM
um.......I don't think its been done in my lifetime........unless it was done during the filming of the blues brothers........ice only heard whispered stories of pulled groins, etc...... Its safely late 60s

The first Boogaloo dance craze came out of Cuba at the turn of the 19th century. The second Boogaloo craze came out of New York in the late 60's and went into the early 70s. It was also called Shing-a-Ling, Jump Blues and Do Wop.

Mojo1842
09-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Oh no, Scott......you're right.....................I'm doomed....doomed I tell you!!! :rolleyes:

P.S. I'm off to me castle dungeon room now......oh woe is me!?!?!?:cry:
Oh hush....... You're the one that had to find someone with a horse :P

Trooper Graham
09-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Oh hush....... You're the one that had to find someone with a horse :P

...a broken down one at that. Not quite a ego builder is she? :p

Scottish Songbird
09-25-2006, 09:32 PM
...a broken down one at that. Not quite a ego builder is she? :p

My..............thanks a lot!!!:mad: Really now, I've given up on you horsemen....time to move on to...................well...........I don't know?!?!?:confused: :rolleyes:

Trooper Graham
09-25-2006, 09:49 PM
time to move on to...................well...........I don't know?!?!?:confused: :rolleyes:

I would say the Invalid Corps but I wanna live awhile longer.......:lol:

bizzilizzit
09-26-2006, 08:45 AM

I thought you were already a member, Sam?
Elizabeth

Mojo1842
09-26-2006, 09:10 AM
I get any more nerved out over this job change and ill be joining ya Sam......they do take mental cases don't they?

bizzilizzit
09-26-2006, 10:40 AM

Michael

Now THIS chicken can dance!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/23/4legged.chicken.ap/index.html

Elizabeth

Michael Pierpoint
09-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Now THIS chicken can dance!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/23/4legged.chicken.ap/index.html

Elizabeth

A four legged chicken uu mmmmmm TOO much protien in the feed. However
The kids wouldn't be argueing over drumsticks as much boy oh boy..

Michael

cookiemom
09-26-2006, 12:32 PM
A four legged chicken...
Are you sure it can dance? After all, it REALLY does have two left feet... ;)

bizzilizzit
09-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Are you sure it can dance? After all, it REALLY does have two left feet... ;)

Tee Hee. You're right!
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-26-2006, 02:07 PM
I thought you were already a member, Sam?
Elizabeth

shoooos!!!!! I want to surprise her when she walks into the ward.

cookiemom
09-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Elizabeth, every time I see your signature quote I start wondering whether I'd rather be good or be clever...

Trooper Graham
09-26-2006, 02:09 PM
I get any more nerved out over this job change and ill be joining ya Sam......they do take mental cases don't they?

I'm in part for the old and aged....the wacko ward is in the attic. ;)

cookiemom
09-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Scott, are you going to a new job, or is the job you have being 'rearranged'...? Take a deep breath...

Mojo1842
09-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Carole,
This isn't just a new job but a whole new line of work. I've been selected for our ironworkers locals apprenticeship program. The 800 lb gorilla in the corner of the room Is that I don't know when ill start; I know that I have a week of classes next week that I have to have before they can send me out as part of the workforce. Being a painter, it'll take about three weeks to find someone to take my place; and they did bend over backwards to make sure that I had a job to come back to the last time I got caught driving under suspension and ended up with five days in jail and 15 days of litter pickup (before you ask, yes I've learned my lesson). So I'm very stressed balancing the two and trying to do the right thing........... And its not making me very good company at times, I'm afraid. Take me with a grain of salt and ill be back in good spirits fairly soon (I hope).

bizzilizzit
09-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Elizabeth, every time I see your signature quote I start wondering whether I'd rather be good or be clever...

I vote for clever!
Elizabeth

bizzilizzit
09-26-2006, 07:47 PM
So I'm very stressed balancing the two and trying to do the right thing........... And its not making me very good company at times, I'm afraid. Take me with a grain of salt and ill be back in good spirits fairly soon (I hope).

We still love ya, Scott.
Elizabeth

bizzilizzit
09-26-2006, 07:48 PM
THOUGHTS ON DOMESTIC LIFE OR MARRIAGE VINDICATED AND FREE LOVE EXPOSED.
BY NELSON SIZER
NEW YORK 1858

PG 6
Very few persons in society voluntarily lead a life of celibacy, and although the surly bachelor may sneer at the idea of matrimony, yet allow me to remark that, if he has chosen that mode of life, from any cause, save his conscious unworthiness of a wife, he has little to expect from me on this occasion. Is he destitute of the common sympathies of our nature? Has he no heart to feel the tender witchery of female charms; or, is it encased in steel, so that Cupid’s dart cannot perforate it; or, is he too indolent, or too miserly to support a wife? He ought to remember that he is indebted to the institution of marriage for a home, even, and a place to lay his head. He is usually a supernumerary in some family where he may, at least, hang up his hat and cane and call it home. But those who advocate a life of celibacy should be regarded by all good citizens, as enemies to one of the best institutions, and to the general well-being of society. With such persons, we have nothing to do, but shall confine our remarks to those, who, having a proper estimate of this relation, are seeking a companion, such as shall divide the sorrows and double the joys of life.

Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-26-2006, 08:17 PM
BY NELSON SIZER
NEW YORK 1858

PG 6
Very few persons in society voluntarily lead a life of celibacy, and although the surly bachelor may sneer at the idea of matrimony, yet allow me to remark that, if he has chosen that mode of life, from any cause, save his conscious unworthiness of a wife, he has little to expect from me on this occasion. Is he destitute of the common sympathies of our nature? Has he no heart to feel the tender witchery of female charms; or, is it encased in steel, so that Cupid’s dart cannot perforate it; or, is he too indolent, or too miserly to support a wife? He ought to remember that he is indebted to the institution of marriage for a home, even, and a place to lay his head. He is usually a supernumerary in some family where he may, at least, hang up his hat and cane and call it home. But those who advocate a life of celibacy should be regarded by all good citizens, as enemies to one of the best institutions, and to the general well-being of society. With such persons, we have nothing to do, but shall confine our remarks to those, who, having a proper estimate of this relation, are seeking a companion, such as shall divide the sorrows and double the joys of life.

Elizabeth

...and who may I ask was the above intended for?:confused:

bizzilizzit
09-26-2006, 08:41 PM
...and who may I ask was the above intended for?:confused:

Feeling guilty, Sam?
Elizabeth

bizzilizzit
09-26-2006, 08:47 PM
PG 8
A lady, for example, of a kind disposition; the gushing fountain of whose heart sends forth a flood of benevolence and love as warm and free as the balmy breath of spring, who has been so unfortunate as to wed an arch and smiling hypocrite; one who is a total stranger to the noble sentiment of affection and whose heart is frigid as an iceberg; with such anyone, is it possible that she can be happy? In vain she may weep and hope; a dreary region of suffering and sorrow is her portion, till she, broken-hearted, quits her vale of tears for the regions of the blest. Well may we shed a tear of pity over her hard lot; the blighted hopes of her young heart; her living immuration in a nuptial prison; her worse than Hindoo sacrifice.
BY NELSON SIZER
NEW YORK 1858
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Feeling guilty, Sam?
Elizabeth
...and when did I ever say I practice celebacy? I have never and never will. I love the ladies, always have and always will. I have already made plans to die at the age of 102 in bed from a heart attack with a virgin (of legal age) if I can find one. ;) But!!!!!! committing to marriage was something I gave up a few years back. I was burned too many times and I learned my lesson...finally. I have no regrets or guilt. ;)

Trooper Graham
09-26-2006, 08:53 PM
PG 8
A lady, for example, of a kind disposition; the gushing fountain of whose heart sends forth a flood of benevolence and love as warm and free as the balmy breath of spring, who has been so unfortunate as to wed an arch and smiling hypocrite; one who is a total stranger to the noble sentiment of affection and whose heart is frigid as an iceberg; with such anyone, is it possible that she can be happy? In vain she may weep and hope; a dreary region of suffering and sorrow is her portion, till she, broken-hearted, quits her vale of tears for the regions of the blest. Well may we shed a tear of pity over her hard lot; the blighted hopes of her young heart; her living immuration in a nuptial prison; her worse than Hindoo sacrifice.
BY NELSON SIZER
NEW YORK 1858
Elizabeth

...and as I rode away I never looked back because I knew she'd find another...they always do.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Trooper Graham
09-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Ya know Lizzy darlin that the creation of the internet came along at the right time in my life. Forums, like this one, where there is intertwinning of the sexes is a great place to fill the minds of the ladies of forthcoming dinner with wine and candlelight and charming the ladies with my exploits of bravado on the field of battle...knowing quite well that maybe someday, especially in this hobby, our faces will meet and by that time they won't care how old and ugly I am....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bizzilizzit
09-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Ya know Lizzy darlin that the creation of the internet came along at the right time in my life. Forums, like this one, where there is intertwinning of the sexes is a great place to fill the minds of the ladies of forthcoming dinner with wine and candlelight and charming the ladies with my exploits of bravado on the field of battle...knowing quite well that maybe someday, especially in this hobby, our faces will meet and by that time they won't care how old and ugly I am....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I take my glasses off, you all will look young and beautiful!
What exploits? Ma has asked for a story and none have ever materialized!
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-26-2006, 09:22 PM
If I take my glasses off, you all will look young and beautiful!

Elizabeth

It usually takes two/fifths in the punch for me..........:p But i've yet to find out what happens. I usually wake up on the floor.

catspjamas
09-26-2006, 09:23 PM
...and when did I ever say I practice celebacy?

How do you "practice" celebacy? :wink:

Cats

bizzilizzit
09-26-2006, 09:26 PM
It usually takes two/fifths in the punch for me..........:p But i've yet to find out what happens. I usually wake up on the floor.

Face up or down?
Elizabeth

bizzilizzit
09-26-2006, 09:30 PM

Cats

It's kinda like practicing death - not recommended - even by CW standards. Some manuals claimed it could make you crazy or physcially ill.
Elizabeth

Trooper Graham
09-26-2006, 09:31 PM
Face up or down?
Elizabeth

Face down, I'm chest heavy not butt heavy.;) :lol:

Trooper Graham
09-26-2006, 09:34 PM

Cats

Never had to. My charm always works......:rolleyes:

(The shite is a gittin deep ain't it pards?) :lol: :lol: