PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

Provost
09-17-2006, 10:31 PM
In an effort to be responsive to our member's needs, we're initiating a whole new category of forums devoted to the branches of service.

At present we will only have a forum for the medical services and relief societies of "our era." If demand warrants it, and we can adequately staff further expansion, then other forums may be created in due time.

We hope the time you spend here will be both informative and productive.

Respectfully,

Provost

NoahBriggs
09-18-2006, 07:26 AM
Terrif!

Who is moderating?

Are we allowed to post certain research articles and the like as stickys at the top of the page?

Provost
09-19-2006, 07:55 AM
Noah,

For right now, I'm the moderator. I'll be contacting a few folks to see if they'd be willing to do the job.

As for posting stickies, I'm afraid that the stickies might get so numerous that new posts might get pushed off the front page.

Once I get a moderator on board for this area, I'll see about creating an area they can control that might be more like a library than a bulletin board. Sound ok?

Provost

ElizabethClark
09-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Aid societies are generally citizen societies--will cross-linking be too cluttered? I'd worry that those who check only one forum (rather than New Posts since Last Visit) will miss out on over half the discussions! :)

Good idea on the Research articles!

NoahBriggs
09-19-2006, 09:17 AM
For right now, I'm the moderator. I'll be contacting a few folks to see if they'd be willing to do the job.

Okay.

As for posting stickies, I'm afraid that the stickies might get so numerous that new posts might get pushed off the front page.

Good point, especially since we have a lot to post! :-P

Once I get a moderator on board for this area, I'll see about creating an area they can control that might be more like a library than a bulletin board. Sound ok?

Beautiful. Works for me! Perhaps an FAQ/library-like section.

I'd suggest one of us medical guys and a member of one of the relief organizations to act as moderators, depending on how big this particular conference gets. As Liz pointed out there will probably some overlap with military and civilian.

Thanks again for doing this!