PDA

View Full Version : Cap crisis? (Moved)

tennessee yankee
09-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Those of us in the Southeast (KY, TN, GA and beyond), have been experiencing a dwindling supply of German made four flanged musket caps. Many sutlers are completely out and don't know when they will be able to get more. Those contacted or people we have spoken to at events are saying the company (Vorderlader-Zundhutchen), has been bought out and inventory whether/when produced are not being shipped to the States yet. When they do come our way can you say "price increase"?
Are the rest of the geographies being impacted as severely as we are?
This may indirectly address the issue of "infantry rapid fire" as I have seen the question posed on this forum before, but I didn't expect the supply of caps to be a reason to slow down the volleys.
Some six flanged caps can be found here and there but pose a safety risk as many pards have been hit in the face with flying flanges in my experience.
Anyone else experiencing this dynamic of supply and demand?

Respectfully, YOS,
Pvt. Steven Lundberg
8th TN Volunteer Infantry

tompritchett
09-12-2006, 06:29 AM
This was discussed in great detail several months ago in the following thread http://www.cwreenactors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1232&highlight=caps

tennessee yankee
09-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Thanks Tom. That's what I get for taking a sabatical from the forum! Still, I wish the supply would come rollin' back in...