PDA

View Full Version : M41 Mississippi

VaTrooper
09-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Has anyone else had trouble with their M41? I bought one for first Manassas and its been falling apart. I lost a swivel screw an Manassas, which I can understand. When taking it apart to clean the head of the tang screw got striped a little. So I ordered new screws. On Morgans Raid the trigger guard started to pull out so I looped the sling around the stock. I guess when the trigger guard was pulling out the half cock broke. And the patchbox stabed me when the spring thing fell out. Ive got a coat strap holding it shut. I called where I got it from today and there going to get back to me about it.

Jim Mayo
09-11-2006, 04:48 PM
That is a lot of problems. Was everything tight to begin with?

VaTrooper
09-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Beside not being able to get the tang screw tighten flush it was fine.

tompritchett
09-12-2006, 06:26 AM
Has anyone else had trouble with their M41?

Who made it? I have had one for years now and have little problems besides the front sight coming off once. Being infantry I rarely get to use it except for living histories and back when I would do 2SGT and had to lend my Enfield to a nwebie, but I have never had the problems that you have mentioned.

VaTrooper
09-12-2006, 08:16 AM
Its a Euroarms. The lady at Jarnigans said besides the Enfields they have been having trouble with all the Euroarms models.

DanSwitzer
09-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Hey, I have had trouble with mine, too. The rammer wasn't right to begin with and then I broke it off using my worm. The halfcock is so short that I cant hardly get a cap under the hammer so I have to cock then de-cock to cap and then set my cock right again. And there's something that rattles in the stock that I haven't figured it out yet. Maybe the patchbox spring. So, between a broken rammer, a short cock and rattling stock, I'm just not happy with this gun, but I do think this gun is not treated fairly at events. Just because its short doesn't mean it shouldn't get used. From what little I know about guns made in the Confederacy, they made alot of these shorter guns. Mine needs some work I know.

Dan

Jim Mayo
09-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I have a Garrett Arms Miss. and the half cock is short on that also. Some of the originals also have that problem. Also, none of the reproduction ramrods are as strong as the originals. I almost broke the end off of my M-42 just leaning it up against a tree. Different manufacturing methods and materials.

They just don't make things the way they used to.

VaTrooper
09-12-2006, 11:31 AM
I'll give them one more shot then ask for a refund.

Rob Weaver
09-13-2006, 08:06 AM
I don't think I'd try to shoot anybody with that gun ... :D