PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a single 6-40 brass plug screw

DaveGink
09-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Hi,
Does anyone know where I can find a single 6-40 brass plug screw (filler Screw)? I've lost one from the top of my powder flask and have had no luck finding a replacement. I've checked with local gun smiths, hardware shops, and online, but with no luck.

Thanks!!

gzook
09-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Regular brass screws are available at Home Depot, Lowe's, and many hardware stores. Cut off one to the proper length and then cut the slot using a hacksaw.

Putting a nut on the screw and cutting it between the head and the nut will allow you to reform the threads after cutting. Leave the nut in place while you cut the slot. Also, you can put on several nuts to allow the screw to be put in something like a vise to hold it while you cut the slot.

Glen

DaveGink
09-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Regular brass screws are available at Home Depot, Lowe's, and many hardware stores. Cut off one to the proper length and then cut the slot using a hacksaw.

Putting a nut on the screw and cutting it between the head and the nut will allow you to reform the threads after cutting. Leave the nut in place while you cut the slot. Also, you can put on several nuts to allow the screw to be put in something like a vise to hold it while you cut the slot.

Glen

Thanks Glen!! That's a great suggestion!