PDA

View Full Version : Thes guys are the real threat

GaWildcat
11-21-2009, 10:22 PM
You want a threat to the Battle Flag, and all Confederate heritage? here ya go.. check em out boys.. this is the threat... not the Feds, not State or local Govts, these guys.... they are the Enemy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091121/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_changing_dixie

mississippian
11-22-2009, 07:04 AM
That little blurb doesn't tell the whole story. I live in Oxford and the Klan protesting something or other happens once or twice a year here. The beginning of the story takes place in 2003 when the University decided to get rid of our mascot, Colonel Reb, but they botched the whole thing when the student body protested the horrible choices they gave the students to vote on. The students boycotted the whole thing and the university banned Colonel Reb from taking the field but left him the official mascot.

Fast Foward to 2009, the university has a new chancellor Dan Jones and the first thing he does is pick a fight with the students. At the end of the Band pre-game show they play a piece called "From Dixie with Love" which is the Battle Hymn of the Republic mixed with Dixie. At the end of the song, some students would chant "The south shall rise again" in tune with the music. Jones said the students would stop it or he would order the band to stop playing FDWL. Well, being college students guess what happens, they ban the song. But now there is a twist. Ever since 2003, a group of students has been dressing up as Colonel Reb and wearing the costume to the games while buying their own tickets to the game. But for the past 3 weeks they have been banned from the stadium by the athletic Dept. The student body isn't happy. Jones popularity is very low to say the least. He's in almost open war with a large part of the student body.

As for me, I will not give one cent to Ole Miss now, I'd rather give it to LSU.

Will MacDonald

Spinster
11-22-2009, 09:12 AM
Well of course WillieMac

LSU has a LOT better marching band.

Can somebody please arrange for us to have four quarters of marching band and a halftime of football?

sbl
11-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Nice dresses.

Spinster
11-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Shows all your taste is in your mouth Mr L:p

Wonder if those guys know those dresses make them look fat?

sbl
11-22-2009, 06:45 PM
"Shows all your taste is in your mouth Mr L"

I should have written "nice".

They might want to iron their Battle Flag next time they have an outing.

Ross L. Lamoreaux
11-22-2009, 09:46 PM
"Shows all your taste is in your mouth Mr L"

I should have written "nice".

They might want to iron their Battle Flag next time they have an outing.
Those are the fold marks direct from the plastic package from the "Made in China" flea market booth. You don't want to put on an iron directly on polyester...

sbl
11-23-2009, 06:52 AM
Hahahahah!

MDRebCAv
11-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Had to do a photo search, one of my favorite professors when I was at TSU was Dr. Dan Jones...Thank God NOT the one at Ole Miss! I am glad to know that he did not DEvolve over time.

sbl
11-23-2009, 10:28 AM
http://news.olemiss.edu/index.php/Ole-Miss-News/News-Releases/danjones_060209.html

http://www.wtok.com/news/mississippiheadlines/71016797.html

Elevonics
11-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Every way of thinking has its fringes.....unfortunately they use a flag that is very dear to me and denegrates its true meaning....