PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Drill

Claude Sinclair
09-03-2006, 07:51 AM
I am looking for a source for 8 oz Cotton Drill. I usually need 50 to 100 yards. The person who I was ordering from will no longer sell it to me. I use the drill for shelter halves and painted/oil blankets. Thanks

Claude Sinclair

frankstevanus
09-03-2006, 09:02 AM
Good stuff too, Claude. At the last event I attended everyone was very impressed with your work. Good luck finding more material.
Frank Stevanus

TRPutman
09-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Believe it or not, JoAnne Fabrics (a nationwide chain and internet business) sells very nice cotton drill. It is essentially identical to the drill sold by more reputed reproduction fabric vendors, and is absurdly cheap (something under $5 a yard). The only problem I've found it that their runs vary in width and so you have to be sure it is wide enough for your projects. Obviously in their stores they wouldn't be selling that much yardage, but I imagine you could work something out via their website sales. Hope that is of some help,
Best,
-Tyler

bill watson
09-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Claude, if Mary Jo's is still in business up in Gastonia, they may have some. They are a remnants store, a huge one. Might not be where to go to get a steady supply, but they are worth checking next time you head up I77 for a Virginia event. Sometimes they have five or six bolts of the same stuff, and sometimes it's just what "we" need, natural fabric. When I lived down there we used to forage at Mary Jo's and always came away with something we'd eventually use. Prices are excellent.

Claude Sinclair
09-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Thanks Tyler, Bill, and Frank. I had been paying $2.50 a yard but I was buying in bulk. A phone call to Mary Jo's is in order. I pulled up JoAnnes Fabric but could not find cotton drill. I will keep trying.

Regards,
Claude Sinclair

texfed1554
09-04-2006, 08:32 AM
Believe it or not, Wal Mart carries Cotton Drill, and around here it was about two dollars a yard.

thanks,

33rd arkansawyer
09-04-2006, 08:46 AM
I have to agree, I bought a ground cloth from Claude back a few years ago and his quality is second to none. I second with Alex, Wal-Mart does carry cotton drill and usually has a good stock on hand, and its good quality. Hancocks is another source also.

Larry Young
19th Louisiana
Spaights` Battalion

John Legg
09-04-2006, 10:42 AM
s***w walmart, its taking over the world! LOL

yeah i was just at joanns yesterday and noticed it i think it was like 4 bucks

[editted by THP]