View Full Version : Archive: Front Porches on Wall Tents

Rob
09-01-2006, 12:03 AM
Found this in one of my old e-mails:

Front Porches on Wall Tents

http://www.cwreenactors.com/dcforum/Howto/2018.html

tompritchett
09-01-2006, 07:30 AM
Thanks. I remember that thread. A lot of good information in it.

Lee Ragan
09-01-2006, 10:53 AM
I remember reading that also. If some guy takes his bayonet to another persons canvas because it doesn't meet his criteria, he just may get more than he bargained for. In most states that I know of, willfull destruction or damaging of someone elses personal property is against the law. In some places, doing something like this might have the perp eating that bayonet!

bill watson
09-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Lee, what on earth are you talking about? I'm not going back and read all 60,000 words in that thread, but I don't recall anyone threatening anyone else's canvas.

RJSamp
09-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Bill I'm sure I offered up canvas slashing via bayonets as a method to enforce an events standards vs flat front settin' porches, privates living in wall tents, and families camped on the family street. Torching cars ala Watkins Glen infamous Bog for the problem of cars parked in camp also comes to mind.

not that I personally would condone or do anything like that....but that's the thought that crosses my mind when I see that kind of farb behavior at a mainstream event.

Now ask me how I really feel about an event that doesn't enforce even minimal standards (and yes I'm still going to a few of the wrong events per year).