PDA

View Full Version : Dog Jack

Pvt. Sweetey
08-22-2009, 09:23 PM
I her the movie Dog Jack is coming out. Does anybody know when? I am having about 5-7 fellow teen reenactors come with me to view the movie in full uniform. Mr. Wagner happens to be in it. Anyway, I have searched it and have found nothing. Does anybody have any info on it? Thank You! :D

sbl
08-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Cody,

Did you check the IMDB?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1199552/

I hadn't heard of this one. THANKS for heads up.

Here's a link to director Edward T. McDougal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_T._McDougal

KeystoneGuard
08-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Dog Jack premiers in Pittsburgh on October 11, 2009. I will be making my "red carpet" debut, ha ha. I was a Confederate officer leading a charge (had to wear gray in my first movie, how disheartening!;)).

Ross L. Lamoreaux
08-22-2009, 11:21 PM
www.dogjackmovie.com

sbl
08-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Careful Andre, I'm going to look at every stitch and buckle in the film. ;)

From the profile of the director it looks like an inspirational film with no T & A.

FloridaConfederate
08-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Cool T&A references w/ no other reedeming value in the religous kid's thread....class act you are Scott Lesch class act.

You go girl..... show him exactly how stupid you feel he is and intolerant you really are. Youre 6X what years old again ?

Chris Rideout
Tampa, Florida

sbl
08-23-2009, 07:12 AM
I like your racist avatar as well.

I guess you didn't bother to look at the links I gave Cody.

FloridaConfederate
08-23-2009, 08:09 AM
A white, unemployed Liberal senior citizen plays the race card when he is called out for posting anti-religous and sexual comments in a Christian teenage boy's threads.

Now that is some classic impotence.

Chris Rideout
Tampa, Florida

sbl
08-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Well Chris, you are probably right.

50th vice pres
08-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Oh Andre, wearing grey isn't so bad. It should of made you feel like a good guy, finally wearing the colors of the side that should of won!

3rd_PA_Artillery
08-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Dog Jack premiers in Pittsburgh on October 11, 2009. I will be making my "red carpet" debut, ha ha. I was a Confederate officer leading a charge (had to wear gray in my first movie, how disheartening!;)).

Mr. Wagner, YOU went gray? You're the last person I thought would go south. Andre Wagner has worn the gray. What next? Will **** itself freeze over? Will it be 95 degrees in Siberia tomorrow and snowing in Panama? :grin:

KeystoneGuard
08-23-2009, 02:23 PM
believe it or not that was 1 of 3 times in my 8 years that I wore the gray. It made me itch for a week, ha ha.

50th VA Corporal
08-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Oh Andre, wearing grey isn't so bad. It should of made you feel like a good guy, finally wearing the colors of the side that should of won!

Anthony, we, the south, really did not lose the war. We came in second place. How many times do I have to tell you that? If you can't remember that I will have to withold my flask of Magillicuty's Cough Remedy from you next event.

31stWisconsin
08-24-2009, 11:57 PM
I'm surprised this film is actually going to finally be made. It's been so long since they shot it and I thought it ran out of money.

I'm in the scene with a train leaving. Never been on a film set and wanted to try it out. Will be interesting to see the final product.

Ross L. Lamoreaux
08-25-2009, 07:13 AM
Just read the book, as I found it at one of the local book sellers in the kid section. Don't hold your breath for anything resembling an authentic experience with this movie if they used even half of the book. Its rare when I call something an unredeeming piece of garbage, but this book was definitely that. It disturbs me that this is a children's book, because if this is what we're teaching our children about the Civil War, another clueless generation is being prodded along...

GaWildcat
08-25-2009, 07:55 AM
Just looking at the website, sorry this movie about a dog is gonna be a dog.

sbl
08-25-2009, 09:01 AM
You have to have a good story to start with that will translate to the screen. I haven't read Dog Jack so I don't know. If you're going to make a message picture, you also have to have a good director and the man here seems to be more a film teacher than a working director.

Movies are a product like anything else and the good old USA does it the best.

Look at crazy Mel Gibson. "Passion" really filled the seats with fannies.

Sometimes the issue is marketing. Again, The Passion of the Christ with lots of advertising and a ready made audience. Who is Dog Jack really for? Will kids like it? CW Buffs? Black audiences?

LOTRs already had a fan base plus looking like a good action film with stars people like to see. It wasn't advertised just to the "geeks."

Gibson might have blown it with Apocalypto which is a really good action movie. Funny to in parts. (listen to Gibson's commentary) The way it was advertised look "arty" or religious but not Christian, or like an adventure film.

Nice to have a good supply of family films but they have to be appealing AND able to be watched more than once. Watching them can't be "It's good for you so watch it."