PDA

View Full Version : View Dale Gallon's Artwork on our Online Gallery

gallonhistoricalart
07-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Hello everyone,

My apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, but I wanted to make everyone aware that you can view all of Dale Gallon's art online.

http://gallon.com

What a nice place this forum is, glad to be aboard :)

Anne

sbl
07-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Hi Anne...you might want to update your page. ;)

http://gallon.com/images/Gift-to-Pres-Dec08.jpg

tompritchett
07-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Hi Anne...you might want to update your page.

Anne, since you are new to this board and are unaware of the history of our various members, I thought that I might put Scott's comment into proper perspective - it would be safe to say that our former president would not rate very high with Scott in relationship to other presidents. As for the reasons why, that would be a discussion that would have to take place off-line as we have a very strict policy about discussions concerning modern politics not related CW Reenacting or remembrance of the Civil War (these exceptions to this rule usually go in the Flags and Statues conference).

sbl
07-09-2009, 09:59 AM
I knew Thomas would see it and will direct you to the Sutler area. I get political but usually in response and sometimes with a ;) ("WINK")

FloridaConfederate
07-09-2009, 01:50 PM
These are interesting. Do the Gallon limited edition historical art prints come with instructions on how to hang them up in your trailer?

Yes they are in all the trailers here:

UNITED STATES ARMY
Industrial College of the Armed Forces
Reynolds - Commissioned by the 1996 Class of the Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Ft. McNair, Washington, D.C.

National War College
Tomorrow We Must Attack Him - The official print of the National War College Class of 1993, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C. 1993

U.S. Army Chaplain Corps Museum Association
The General & His Chaplain - Commissioned by U.S. Army Chaplain Corps Museum Association 1994

U.S. Army Engineer Association

Essayons: Engineers At Fredericksburg - Commissioned by the U.S. Army Engineer Association, Fort Leonard Wood, MO 1996
Turning Point - Commissioned by the U.S. Army Engineer Association, Fort Leonard Wood, MO 1989
The Fort's Own - Commissioned by the U.S. Army Engineer Association, Fort Leonard Wood, MO 1998
Engineers Clear the Way - Commissioned by the U.S. Army Engineer Association, Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Division Support Command, 1st Cavalry Division, Ft. Hood, Texas
The Wagonmaster Fight -Commissioned by the Division Support Command, 1st Cavalry Division, Ft. Hood, Texas 2002

Kansas National Guard
8th Kansas At Missionary Ridge - Commissioned by the Kansas National Guard to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of the Kansas National Guard 1855-2005, Topeka, KS 2005

United States Army War College

The Hornets' Nest - Commissioned by the U.S. Army War College Distance Education Class of 2004, Carlisle, PA
Time to Fight - Commissioned by the U.S. Army War College Distance Education Class of 1999, Carlisle, PA
Bayonet Forward - Commissioned by the U.S. Army War College Class of 1987, Carlisle, PA
Hancock's Ride - Commissioned by U.S Army War College Class of 1993, Carlisle, PA
Men of Iron -Commissioned by the U.S. Army War College Corresponding Studies Class of 1994, Carlisle, PA
Dress on the Colors - Commissioned to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Spanish-American War by the U.S. Army War College Cass of 1998, Carlisle, PA
Shadowing - Commissioned by the U.S. Army War college Distance Education Class of 2007, Carlisle, PA
Whiskey Rebellion - Washington in Carlisle 1794 - Commissioned by the U.S. Army War college Distance Education Class of 2008, Carlisle, PA
Command & General Staff College

A Heavy Task Before Us - Commissioned by the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College Class of 1991-92, Ft. Leavenworth, KS [B]
Lightning At The Bridge - Commissioned by the U. S. Army Command and General Staff College Class of 1995-96, Ft. Leavenworth, KS
First Infantry Division
Task Force Danger Crushes the Poised Rattlesnake- Commissioned by the U.S. Army First Infantry Division 2005

Seventh Infantry Division
Cottonbalers - Commissioned by the U.S. Army Seventh Infantry Regiment 1988

Friends of the National Parks at Gettysburg
Expecting a Battle - Commissioned by the Friends of the National Parks at Gettysburg, Inc., Gettysburg, PA 1999

11th Mississippi Memorial Association
Imperishable Glory - Commissioned by the 11th Mississippi Memorial Association, University, MS 1997

NRA 1994
Breechloaders & Greencoats-Commissioned by the National Rifle Association, Fairfax, VA
Custer at Hanover - Commissioned by the National Rifle Association, Fairfax, VA
Overdue at Catlett's Station -Commissioned by the National Rifle Association, Fairfax, VA
The Last Inspection-Commissioned by the National Rifle Association, Fairfax, VA
Patriots of Ft. McHenry 1994
The Flag is Full of Stars - Commissioned by the Patriots of Ft. McHenry, Baltimore, MD

Guilford Battleground Company
Hoskin's House - Commissioned by the Guilford Battleground Company, Greensboro, NC 1986
Turning Point At Guilford - Commissioned by the Guilford Battleground Company, Greensboro, NC 1988
Greene At Guilford Courthouse-Commissioned by the Guilford Battleground Company, Greensboro, NC 1989
Norwich University
Clubs are Trumps - Commissioned by Norwich University, Northfield, VT 1996
For Distinguished Gallantry- Commissioned by Norwich University, Northfield, VT - In honor of the Class of 1970 on the occasion of their 35th reunion 2006
Virginia Military Institute
Lord of Valley - Commissioned by Virginia Military Institute Alumni Association, Lexington, VA 1993

Chris Rideout
Tampa, Florida

sbl
07-09-2009, 02:12 PM
Where are the old Charles McBarron prints of my youth now?

http://www.geppettoproductions.com/archived-site/theart15.jpg

Ross L. Lamoreaux
07-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Where are the old Charles McBarron prints of my youth now?

http://www.geppettoproductions.com/archived-site/theart15.jpg

They're hanging on the walls of my office. He was years ahead of his time....

sbl
07-09-2009, 02:57 PM
I've seen some of the originals at the QM museum at Petersburg. I was never that trim as the "models" after age 20!

huntdaw
07-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I always liked the Battle of the Thames one with Scott's militia in their perfect ranks. "By God, those are regulars!" Always gave me a thrill. We had it in our armory when I was in ROTC in college.

sbl
07-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Off topic but.......It's Scott's troops from the battle of the Chippewa, but nice miniatures of the same troops in defense and advance.

http://www.sierratoysoldier.com/ourstore/pc/catalog/jenkins/USCH05(L).jpg

http://www.sierratoysoldier.com/ourstore/pc/Battle-of-Chippewa-c523.htm

huntdaw
07-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Chippewa, that's right.

tompritchett
07-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Apparently, I need to remind a few people of the Provost's policy on not allowing negative posts and attacks on the goods provided by CW related vendors. This thread has been locked and multiple posts deleted as a result.