PDA

View Full Version : Unit in Richmond VA Area

jthomas
07-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Hello folks,
I am looking for a unit in the Richmond Area. I am a reenactor from way back -my first was the 125th of 1st Manassas in 1986! -when I was 14-
I haven't done an event since 1997. Anyway, I was thinking of doing a few events with my son who is almost eight but wanted to get my feet with a laid back event with a kid friendly unit.
Thanks Much,
J Thomas

TobiasJones
07-05-2009, 10:50 AM
Hello!

You are welcome to come out with the 44th Virginia Co. H "Amelia Minutemen" (Members of Longstreets Corps). We are a family based unit. Officially we are a Confederate unit but we also galvanize occasionally. Our membership is based out of Richmond, with most members living in Chesterfield/Henrico/Amelia/Powhatan. We also have a few who live in NoVa and Norfolk areas. Most of the events we participate in are in Virginia with a couple in Pennsylvania and this year some members are attending Atlanta.

Our website is a work in progress but you can check it out at www.44thvirginia.com. Our next event in VA is The Battle of Stanardsville (Located in Ruckersville, VA) in September (18-20). We have some loaner gear if you need any.

If you have any questions you can send me a Personal Message here or reply to the post and I can send you my email.

Evan O'Dell

Stonewall_Greyfox
07-06-2009, 09:14 AM
J.,

Consider coming out with the 23rd VA Vol. Regt....our Unit is a Campaigner Organization, and we provide a good balance of both Living Histories and Reenacting events. The majority of our membership is based out of the West-Side of Richmond (Richmond, Henrico, Hanover, Mechanicsville, Louisa).

We anually hold 1-2 events a year that are 'kid-friendly', usually in an historic settings like the Bushong Farm at New Market, Exchange Hotel in Gordonsville or other civilian appropriate events.

If your son is interested in becomming a musician, we can help there too.

Please feel free to check out our website: http://23rdva.netfirms.com/welcome.htm

Paul B.