PDA

View Full Version : Robert Land

jurgitemvaletem
08-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Guy's,

I am new to the event attending side of the hobby and am looking for a more correct pair of shoes to be used in the field at more correct events. Will Robert Land's stuff cut the mustard at campaigner events, in specific, his handsewn contrcat bootee.

Thanks,
Jurgitem Valetem

jurgitemvaletem
08-19-2006, 04:39 PM
Ok, second question.

What are the thoughts on MB&S, are they the quality that will pass campaigner standards?

Thanks,
Jurgitem Valetem

ewtaylor
08-19-2006, 05:27 PM
yes to both questions.
ew taylor

HighPrvt
08-19-2006, 06:41 PM
You can also add Mattimore Harness, and I know a few that use Jarnigan, and Cedar Creek as well.
I have shoes from Robert Land, Mattimore and MB&S. I like all three, but would strongly suggest hobnailing any from Mattimore as the sole leather seems a bit softer than some of the others.

I'd go with Land if your in a rush. If he has your size in stock you'll get them in a week, or so.

willeichler
08-20-2006, 07:19 AM
If speed is of the issue and Land doesn't have your size, I'd go to Cedar Creek. Jim usually has a wide array of sizes and also can usually make up a pair quite quickly. He makes them himself.

I have had both Cedar Creek and Land's Brogans in the past. My Robert Land pair is in its 10th year and my friends with Cedar Creek's have loved theirs.

Good luck,

Will

toptimlrd
08-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Just a note, Jim Lammers (Cedar Creek) is one excellent fellow to work with and his shoes are often accepted at campaigner events from my understanding. With due respect for Jim's work, I own a pair of MB&S and they are definitely accepted. I will also ad that since MB&S makes the shoe to your specification, they are usually the most comfortable in my opinion (mine never really needed to be "broken in", the only problem I had was where the leather upper rubbed my ankle a bit raw on the bone and the usual "slippery sole" problem from new soles). Of course MB&S are considerably more expensive.

jurgitemvaletem
08-20-2006, 07:44 PM
So,

am i correct that the general consensus is that Land has good quality stuff that will last a long time, be accepted at the campaigner events, and still be cheaper than most all mainstream suppliers?I think I will go with Robert Land.

Thanks,
Jurgitem Valetem

NC5thcav
08-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Just to echo others comments, I love my Robert Land's. They're extremely comfortable, and look great.

54thovi
08-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Mr. Land also stands behind his product. I have had his shoes for 3 years and no complaints and at one event, one of the sides "blew out" (became un-stitched from the sole. I sent them to Mr. Land and expected to have to pay for the repair.

Just found out that he is sending a brand new pair today. Its hard to beat service like that.

John Feagin

texfed1554
08-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Lukas Berg also has really good shoes.

thanks,