PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from RI

daveproc26
06-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Hello everybody, I've been reading the forum for a while now, just sitting back and learning. I am an avid student of American History but my two loves are WWII and the Civil War. I work as the archivist at a small aviation museum, am the unit historian for a WWII AAF Air Depot Group and am also heavily involved with the Rhode Island Department of the SUVCW having lineal ancestors that fought in the 2nd Rhode Island and the 15th US Infantry. My newest project is the Rhode Island GAR/Civil War Museum, I'm getting back to my first love, the Civil War. We are having a living history event the last week of July, and it will be my first event in unifrom so I am avidly reading all of the post on this forum to educate and defarb myself.
Nice to meet you all!
Dave Procaccini
Civil War Monuments and Memorials Officer
Elisha Dyer Camp 7 RI SUVCW

Pennreb
06-25-2009, 01:04 AM
Welcome Dave,
This is the perfect place to learn, and welcome to the ranks of the farbless!! Read, read, read and you will find what you are looking for, from kit down to history of battle.

Sean "Wick" Wickerham
Southern Rifles
3rd Alabama
11th PVI USA

daveproc26
06-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Hi Sean, Thanks for the welcome! Dave

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt
06-25-2009, 02:45 PM
Hallo!

Willkommen, Jung!

CHS

daveproc26
06-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Vielen Dank, mein Freund
Dave

reb4lee
06-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Hello!
I'm from Warwick and was wondering where the living history is being held?

daveproc26
06-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi Aaron, it is going to be at the Sprague Mansion in Cranston, my camp commander Gregg Mierka can give you more info, his email is RIbatteryA(at)verizon.net or you can call him at the Nathaniel Greene Homestead in Coventry. It is only a small event but the more the merrier!
Dave