PDA

View Full Version : Hullo all :)

LovelyLadyElla
06-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi!
Just in to say hullo! So glad I found you all! I was in the hobby a good bit a little over a year ago. Long story short, many things happened, one thing led to another, and I am starting all over from scratch. Almost. I have a pair of nice, period boots, stockings, a corded petticoat and some cast iron pans. Oh, as well as my dear man's drawers and one tattered shirt. Needless to say, we have a few more things to make/aquire ;) so, we're making our way towards that golden reenacment on the horizon. I want to make our impression as accurate as possible. We're both civilians. Not sure of an impression, or place, to reenact though. any thoughts? I'll be checking out the civilian section of the forum for sure though :grin:

Anyhoo, glad to meet ya!

Ella

hanktrent
06-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Not sure of an impression, or place, to reenact though. any thoughts?

Where are you from? Lots of different events for lots of different kinds of reenacting out there.

Bummers (http://www.bummers09.com/) is coming up this fall in Georgia, and so is Lost Tribes (http://oldnorthwestvols.org/lost_tribes/index.html) in Missouri. They'll be the next two events with lots of civilians that I'm going to, but may not be the kind of thing you're interested in.

Hank Trent
hanktrent@voyager.net

LovelyLadyElla
06-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Ah, very sorry I forgot to mention that little fact! We are in Maryland, myself currently about 2 miles south of the mason dixon line, in a little town with only a bar and a lady that uses her house as the post office. True story :-) will be moving to southern Maryland by the end of the summer though.

those events do sound interesting, thank you, however...I'm not sure if I could afford the gas and wear on my old car to make that trip. I much appreciate it though!

Pvt. Sweetey
06-09-2009, 10:30 PM
If you live in Maryland, then your not far from Pennsylvania, whcih has tons of reenactments going on over the summer and fall, such as Gettysburg or Perryopolis. There are also many small events that may be going on near you.If I was you, I would join up with a unit in your area, and the leader may know what events would best suit your needs. Just my 2 cents!