PDA

View Full Version : New to Hobby

101radioman
05-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Greeting

Let me start by saying Thank you for having this board.

I am just getting involved in the Civil War era reenactment. I will be setting up as one of the Berdan Sharpshooters. I have the basic Blues and am working on the rest.
I have been reenacting WW2 for some years but have decided to go to a simpler time and also being in Minnesota it's easier to find events.

I look forward to getting to know you all here and maybe even meeting on the field some day.

Michael Larson

budman1948
06-06-2009, 11:21 PM
I have been a re-enactor for a little over a year, as a Confederate I have had a wonderful time battling you yankees! It is a wonderful hobby and a great experience educating the public on the war. Good luck to you and enjoy!

Curt-Heinrich Schmidt
06-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Hallo!

Willkommen!

CHS

Busterbuttonboy
06-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Read, Read, Read, Read, Read. Consult the good reading lists posted here via the search function. Buy the good kit first, itll last longer and look better and in the long run cost you much less.

cal 100
06-07-2009, 11:34 PM
Michael

I protray a Berdan, let me know if you need any help.

KeystoneGuard
06-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Welcome... If possible get a copy of the Columbia Rifles Research Compendium (a.k.a. the holy grail of re-enacting). These are hard to come by but a great asset to any federal re-enactor.