PDA

View Full Version : Secessionville 06

nc69th
08-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Hey the Battle of Secessionville Reenactment is being held this year at Boon Hall Plantation in Mt Pleasent South Carolina, this event is a nice small event, we could use some help in making it bigger, the 10th South Carolina is hosting the event, all Are welcome Union and Confederate. The dates for the event are November 10th-12th 2006, you can get more Information at the Event website at http://www.csatrust.org/secessionville.htm
This is a good event, we have a fort which is pretty cool. I hope ya all can make it.

Cya there
Chadd M. Vail

Jubilo
08-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Dear Mr. Vail ,
I have always been interested in this event. Do reenactors actually camp on the plantation grounds ? Are there separate U.S., C.S. and civilian camps ?
Any additional information will be appreciated. I have visited this plantation before and enjoyed its beauty ; can't hardly imagine firing a musket there !
All for the old flag,
David Corbett

Claude Sinclair
08-26-2006, 09:25 AM
Secessionville probably has the best Federal Camping than most other events. It is right behing the Boone Hall Plantation. They also have Confederate camping about 3/8 mile away behind Fort Lamar and they have Civilian camping.

Claude Sinclair
Sgt. Major
Palmetto Battalion

Jeffrey Cohen
08-27-2006, 04:21 PM
We're coming and we're bringing h e l l with us.

bill watson
08-27-2006, 04:22 PM
It is a fine event. A highlight for me when I lived down there was finding and eating pecans in the old grove where the Confederate camp is located. Jubilo, it is not an "operational" event, a lot of idle time for reenactors, but the battle scenarios are usually well thought through and bear a resemblance to the actual fighting at Secessionville. Very importantly, it is put on by good folks in a good cause. Real Yankees can be expected to get red carpet treatment, because for every one who makes the journey, some son of the South is freed to wear grey. :-) If you can spend a couple of days ahead of the event touring sites in South Carolina and visiting Charleston, it is a great break from what will probably be pretty bleak weather up your way by that time of the year. The weather at Secessionville is always 70 degrees. It's like stepping backward into September.
If you're looking for a federal unit where you're compatible, Claude can get you hooked up. There, as everywhere, units come with varying degrees of interest in this or that.

Jubilo
08-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Dear Capt. Watson ,
Thanks again for your insight ! I never know who's the bigger genius : you or R.J. Samp , but since you don't play bugle , I'm a-thinking it's you !
all for the old flag,
David Corbett