PDA

View Full Version : Tar Water Mess

Federal Bummer
08-11-2006, 12:37 PM
The Tar Water Mess is an authentic Civil War Living History group primarily based in Kentucky and Indiana, who portray the Federal soldier in the Western Theater of the War. Our goals are to provide a more historically correct impression through drill, rations, military procedures, first-person aspects, and by conveying the hardships and tribulations that men on both sides had to endure on a daily basis. We are serious about our impressions and we require adherence to the standards we have set for ourselves. If you are interested in joining our ranks click the link below

http://tarwatermess.homestead.com/twm.html

Steve Ewing

Federal Bummer
12-27-2006, 12:08 AM
address changed to

www.tarwatermess.homestead.com

10th Indiana
01-03-2007, 07:47 PM
The new web site looks very good S.C.U.B.A. Steve.:D

SmellyFed
01-05-2007, 12:59 PM
The new web site looks very good S.C.U.B.A. Steve.:D

Except I'm not listed as a member. C'mon Tar Babies, you gotta make that right.

A guy takes a short 20 month vacation and you treat him like he's dead. Mason's taken longer vacations than that - usually when he owes me haversack.

I'm pretty sure I was there when that mess was formed - cuz it was just me and Mark, in between Stinky Vince stories. And we came up with it on our way to Arby's in his truck.

Hoosier Yank
01-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Except I'm not listed as a member. C'mon Tar Babies, you gotta make that right.

I thought that you were dead? Didn't your widow sell off your gear? If you need a new kit head over to the Sutler area here. You can get a great deal on $2.50 cartridge box from some feller. Why pay more?

SmellyFed
01-06-2007, 01:31 PM
I thought that you were dead? Didn't your widow sell off your gear? If you need a new kit head over to the Sutler area here. You can get a great deal on $2.50 cartridge box from some feller. Why pay more?

Yeah some of that Pakistani gear is really pretty good quality if you're not particular about correct patterns, authentic materials or quality craftsmanship.

Spinster
01-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah some of that Pakistani gear is really pretty good quality

:rolleyes: Careful Paul. Someone will quote you in part, and not have the capability of hearing the searing acid dripping from your tongue...:D

You know, you being a period correct soldier and me being a period correct civilian, we've not had occassion to meet in person. But I'm pleased beyound words that you have returned from your hiatus refreshed and renewed, and are now back amoungst us. You have a great deal of wisdom to share, and we are the better for it.

SmellyFed
01-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Mrs. Lawson -
You're very kind and I do appreciate those sentiments. It's good to be back... although I won't really feel "back" until I stand at an attention again, in the ranks, at an event this spring... I just hope I haven't totally forgotten my manual.

I'm not sure about having all that wisdom - more like a heard head.

Thanks and I hope to see you along a fence-row someday. Bring whiskey!

Hoosier Yank
01-07-2007, 09:07 AM
although I won't really feel "back" until I stand at an attention again, in the ranks, at an event this spring... I just hope I haven't totally forgotten my manual.

Just make sure you're a rear rank two, you'll do fine.

Federal Bummer
03-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Feel free to also check out us and our pards

http://ghti.homestead.com

Micah Trent
06-11-2008, 06:58 PM
The Tar Water Mess is an authentic Civil War Living History group primarily based in Kentucky and Indiana, who portray the Federal soldier in the Western Theater of the War. Our goals are to provide a more historically correct impression through drill, rations, military procedures, first-person aspects, and by conveying the hardships and tribulations that men on both sides had to endure on a daily basis. We are serious about our impressions and we require adherence to the standards we have set for ourselves. If you are interested in joining our ranks click the link below

http://tarwatermess.homestead.com/twm.html

Micah Trent
08-14-2008, 08:33 AM
Sorry for the website error. The website should be:

RJSamp
08-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Sorry for the website error. The website should be:

Great looking impressions, doesn't get any better than that.