PDA

View Full Version : 9th Va. Inf. "Chesterfield Yellow Jackets"

REBfrmNY
08-10-2006, 01:48 AM
A personal greeting from our Captain...

I would like to thank you for taking an interest in the 9th Virginia Infantry Co.C and the Soldiers Aid Society. We are always searching for new recruits, both for the Military as well as Civilians. I believe that we accommodate what ever you may desire. I feel that if you join us you will feel the way we do and that is "to learn history is to live the history" So on behalf of the 9th and the SAS. I hope that I can welcome you to our family.
Your Humble Servant
Captain Kyle Piflzer

9th Virginia Company C
"Chesterfield Yellow Jackets"
Organized on July 7, 1861
Reorganized May 20, 1862
Surrendered at Appomattox Court House, VA, on April 9, 1865

Battles:
Fair Oaks (May 31-June 1, 1862)
Seven Day Battles (June 25-July 1, 1862)
Malvern Hill (July 1, 1862)
2nd Manassas (Aug 28-30, 1862)
South Mountain (Sept 17, 1862)
Sharpsburg (Sept 17, 1862)
Shepherdstown Ford (Sept 20, 1862)
Fredericksburg ( Dec 13, 1862)
Suffolk Campaign (April-May 1863)
Gettysburg ( July 1-3, 1863)
Chester station (May 10, 1864)
Drewry's Bluff ( May 16, 1864)
North Anna ( May 22-26, 1864)
Cold Harbor (June 1-3, 1864)
Petersburg Siege ( June 1864-April 1865)
Five Forks ( April 1, 1865)
Sayler's Creek ( April 6, 1865)
Appomattox Court House ( April 9, 1865)

Company Expectations
The 9th Va. Infantry Co.C in order to foster the Living History, Battle Recreations of the period known as the American Civil War shall prevail upon it's members the following:

The Company shall, at most events present an infantry style impression of the 1861-1864 period of the American Civil War. The soldiers and civilians will dress in the proper attire for every event as required by both the event coordinator and officers in charge of the company. All equipment must be proper and meet with the approval of the company standards as provided by the membership. Members should gain enough knowledge of the common history of the 9th Va. Co.C in order to maintain a proper impression.
The unit has a well-organized Civilian Soldiers Aid Society, which travels with the company to Living Histories, Battle Reenactments, Parades and demonstrations. The 9th travels too many places of interest to attend these events. The 9th is based out of Long Island but we have members from other parts of NY, PA and VA. The company works with each individual to teach the many aspects of camp life, safe handling of both firearms and various other weaponry both on the drill field and battle as well as in camp for public demonstrations is also taught.
If you feel this could be for you,
PLEASE SEE OUR RECRUITMENT OFFICER!
Or our civilian coordinator if you have an interest in the civilian life of the time, we would be happy to welcome you as a member.

E-mail: 9thVirginia@optonline.net
Phone: (631) 724-8561