PDA

View Full Version : Unit in Washington D.C.

MaineMan 1861
04-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi Everyone

I am going to be enrolled as a Freshman at George Washington University in the fall of 2009 and am looking to join an authentic Union unit down there. I would like to stay somewhere within the mainstream/semi-hardcore unit areas. If anyone knows of any units that fit this description please let me know.

skamikaze
04-24-2009, 11:06 AM
The Chesapeake Volunteer Guard has members in that area and all over the mid-atlantic region.

http://www.chesapeakevolunteerguard.org/

Robert A Mosher
04-24-2009, 11:34 AM
There is also Company B, 28th Massachusetts Infantry which reenacts a regiment from the Irish Brigade - website is at http://28thmasscob.org/

Our membership is drawn from the Maryland-DC-Virginia area.

Robert A. Mosher
Chairman, CO B 28thMVI

Swag
04-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Check out my organization the Bully Boys. We're more on the strictly hardcore/campaign side of the spectrum, but you may find it fitting. A link to our website is attached to my signature.

pvt t a white
04-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Corporal Johnson:

Deserting to the other side is always an option. There are Confederate units in the metro Washington area too.

Pvt T A White

Robert A Mosher
04-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Corporal Johnson:

Deserting to the other side is always an option. There are Confederate units in the metro Washington area too.

Pvt T A White

But Private White is quite right - and of course there are units in the area that galvanize in case you are afraid of getting bored!

Robert A. Mosher

AP Hill
04-27-2009, 10:19 PM
http://www.1stminnd.org/

Pvt Schnapps
04-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi Everyone

I am going to be enrolled as a Freshman at George Washington University in the fall of 2009 and am looking to join an authentic Union unit down there. I would like to stay somewhere within the mainstream/semi-hardcore unit areas. If anyone knows of any units that fit this description please let me know.

http://www.bradyssharpshooters.org/

Brady's is a small local unit that has a variety of impressions, including sharpshooter and line infantry, with a plurality of members who speak bugle and can do period staff work. Because we rotate officers every other year, and NCOs for each event, everyone gets as much chance to learn different levels of leadership as they can handle. Brady's also works and play well with other units in the metropolitan area, like the 28th MA, the 3rd US, and the CVG.

We have upcoming living histories at Ellicott City on May 16 and Fort Ward on May 30. We also have a permit to conduct monthly marches with full equipage and ordnance on the W&OD trail; our next marches are on May 9 and June 6. We do anywhere from 5 to 15 miles depending on the weather and our inclination.

If any of this sounds potentially interesting, please contact me at m.a.schaffner@comcast.net. We have several members in your immediate area and I work downtown a metro stop or two away from GW.

Feel free to check us out. There are some good outfits in the D.C. area -- all you have to do is find the one that suits you best.

MDConfederate
04-29-2009, 09:41 PM
I am the company commander for Co. A of the Chesapeake Volunteer Guard. We do both US and CS impressions depending on the event. Most of Co. A's members are from the Mid-Atlantic Region. Our lieutenant lives in Washington DC. If interested contact me at winderranger@comcast.net

John A. Wyman
Co. A, CVG

marcaverill
04-30-2009, 04:56 AM
Jared,

As a fellow Mainer, you won't go wrong with Co A., CVG. Get in touch with John, you won't regret it.

Y.O.S.,

Robert A Mosher
04-30-2009, 02:26 PM
It occurs to me that if one possible recruit can draw this much attention, it really must be 1864! I'm surprised none of us have mentioned the bounty money!!

Robert A. Mosher

Pvt Schnapps
04-30-2009, 03:33 PM
It occurs to me that if one possible recruit can draw this much attention, it really must be 1864! I'm surprised none of us have mentioned the bounty money!!

Robert A. Mosher

You haven't seen the PMs... :)

AP Hill
04-30-2009, 05:32 PM
In this economy recruits are hard to come by! I'm considering passing out flyers to a couple local 'old folks' homes near by. :rolleyes: