PDA

View Full Version : New First Manassas Photo Collection

Julio C. Zangroniz
08-09-2006, 09:02 AM
It is truly a privilege for Zangroniz Photography to offer the American Civil War reenacting community the opportunity to examine and enjoy the exclusive collection of photographic images we captured at the Battle of First Manassas at Cedar Creek on July 22-23, 2006.
This exhibit includes: the magnificent long lines of the armies as they marched out of their camps; dozens of views of both battles, including many closeup views of the terrific diversity of early-war uniforms; visits to both military camps; civilian activities; closoeups of many of the commanders and their staffs; the great square formation on Sunday, under the feverish attack of the Confederate cavalry; the imposing Federal flying artillery as they took the field on Sunday; the charge of the 69th New York and its subsequent reinforcement by the Fire Zouaves; dozens and dozens of individual portraits and many, many more attractions that no one else has.
A few dozen of these images are already under consideration for publication in upcoming issues of The Civil War News; Smoke & Fire News and various other outlets.
The entire collection of photographs is on display in two separate galleries posted at the following website: http://www.zphotos.smugmug.com, each with slightly over 200 images, for a total of well over 400 photos.
Once you access the website's main page, simply scroll down to one of the two "firstmanassas" galleries, which are called, respectively: "6firstmanassas1" and "6firstmanassas2" with each gallery including, roughly, the action for each of the two official days of the event.
We recommend that you click on the hyperlink labeled "slideshow" on each page, wait for it to load and then just sit back and enjoy the show that will be projected automatically on your computer screen, in as large a format as possible, with each image in view for at least three seconds.
Or, if you prefer, you can inspect each page of each gallery at your leisure, by clicking on the page and then on each photograph on that page. This method will allow you to keep a particular image on your screen for as long as you like.
Anyone interested in having their own copy of the *entire* collection (that is, every image that appears on BOTH galleries) may do so by sending Zangroniz Photography a check for $20. We don't exaggerate when we state our firm belief that this disk will be one of the biggest bargains that you will ever see.
And as far as we know, no one else has ever offered the Civil War reenacting community a product of this magnitude, of such high quality and uniqueness.
The price of the disk includes shipping and handling --and we will donate a portion of each and every sale to historical preservation.
Our mailing address is: 4011 Muncaster Mill Rd., Rockville, MD 20853-1426.
Please note: These images are protected under the Copyright Laws of the United States of America, and their unauthorized duplication and/or use in any commercial way without prior written permission from Zangroniz Photography is strictly prohibited. We trust the reenacting community to cooperate with us in order to ensure we can continue to cover future living history events in a similar fashion.
There's one more very important proviso to this offer: In order for Zangroniz Photography to secure the price from the professional photo lab that enables us to offer you the disk at the cost we have quoted, we need to bring that lab orders for at least 100 disks. It should not be too difficult a task when we consider that the event attracted at least 6,000-7,000 participants, and thousands more who were there as spectators.
Think of it, folks... a $20 disk will make a fabulous gift, whether you give it to yourself or to someone else.
Zangroniz Photography will deliver your disks via First Class within 30 days of the time we go to the lab, or approximately 60 days from the posting of this announcement (August 9, 2006).
Therefore, we ask you to send us your payment via check, which we will hold uncashed until we reach the required number of orders. If, for whatever reason, we cannot reach a minimum of 100 orders within the next 30 days (that is, on or before the end of business on September 9, 2006), we will destroy all checks we receive and place a public notice via this Forum to inform you of any further developments regarding this product. That way, your funds will have never left your respective bank accounts and we don't need to incurr any expenses or significant time expenditure to refund your money.
We request your cooperation by following these simple provisos, and we also ask you, humbly, to help us pass the word to your friends, other event participants and any and all interested parties, so we can make this project a reality. If you'd like, feel free to reproduce this message in your unit websites and/or newsletters.
And as with any Zangroniz Photography product, we offer everyone a Full Satisfaction Guarantee --or we will return all your money upon return of any unwanted item.
Sincerely,
Julio C. Zangroniz,
Freelance Photojournalist
(serving the CW reenacting community since 1988)

cwrematchr
08-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Mr. Zangroniz and I have already worked extensively to find photos of myself and our Company at the reenactment. It is an honor for me to be the first to comment on his superb work. I will also be acting as his "Public Relations" assistant and should anyone have any questions, feel free to contact me as well. He may become swamped in the not too near future with emails. Please help support the Preservation fund and his brilliant work!

I remain,

Jeffrey Cohen
08-10-2006, 09:39 PM
You know when you have truly arrived when Julio takes your picture. Yes I'll be ordering mine.

Quiverful
08-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Hi Julio,

We are practically neighbors! We live in Olney and travel on Muncaster Mill Road all the time. Do you do studio shots as well? We have been trying to get a family portrait of all of us in our period dress and we can't seem to get it together at the last few events we went to. We have 9 children and we all are members of the 1st MD Battalion C.S.A.

Also, my husband slipped and fell in Saturday's battle at 1st Manassas so he went out with the guys on Sunday as a photographer and he got some great shots as well, but mostly from the Confederate side of things. I noticed that most of your shots were from the Union side of things. We'd love to share them when we get them formatted.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Terry

Julio C. Zangroniz
08-17-2006, 12:47 AM
Hi Julio,

We are practically neighbors! We live in Olney and travel on Muncaster Mill Road all the time. Do you do studio shots as well? We have been trying to get a family portrait of all of us in our period dress and we can't seem to get it together at the last few events we went to. We have 9 children and we all are members of the 1st MD Battalion C.S.A.

Also, my husband slipped and fell in Saturday's battle at 1st Manassas so he went out with the guys on Sunday as a photographer and he got some great shots as well, but mostly from the Confederate side of things. I noticed that most of your shots were from the Union side of things. We'd love to share them when we get them formatted.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Terry
Dear Terry,
Yes, my wife and I do individual/family portraits, weddings, the usual photographer's fare.
We can do portraits at our house/office, but mostly we prefer to do them on a site of the customer's choosing, because the end results are vastly more meaningful to that customer. For instance, if you have a favorite flowering bush, tree, special section of the garden, etc., you might want to time your portrait to reflect those conditions.
If you want to arrange a future sitting, just give us a call at 301-924-2539.
At each event I photograph, I try to give "equal time," as much as possible, to each side. Therefore at the Battle of First Manassas I spent one day with the Confederates, and the next day with the Federals. And the civilians always get plenty of attention, something few other photographers seem to remember to do. Just as when we do a wedding, we have both the bride and the groom provide us with a written list of images they want us to get, and then we show up the day of the wedding with that list in our pockets so we end up getting each and every one of those photographs.
In any case, glad you enjoyed looking at our First Manassas collection.
Julio