PDA

View Full Version : Another TV show makes fun of civil war reenactors

indguard
08-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Another, TV show makes fun of reenactors...

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/psych/

NEXT TIME ON PSYCH

For this year's PBA fundraiser, Lassiter is running a reenactment of a famous Civil War battle. But when a carefully choreographed "death" in rehearsal turns out to be real, Shawn and Gus join the regiment to uncover the truth: this was no accident, it was murder. Check out an all-new episode of Psych this Friday at 10/9C!

By the way, the main character is calling himself Captain Crunch as a Union soldier... with a red kepi.

We don't get NO respect.

John1862
08-06-2006, 09:51 PM
No suprises there. Tisk, how incorrect! There was no Captain Crunch in the Union, only one Private Crunch, of Bridges' Battery, Illinois Light Artillery. These guys should do a little bit more research before making a show. :D

MStuart
08-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Wasn't Cap'n Crunch commander of a frigate out of Hampton Roads?

Big into cereal after the war.....Him and the guy who shot rice out of cannons

Mark

(Sorry, I saw the opening and had to)

Scottish Songbird
08-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Another, TV show makes fun of reenactors...

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/psych/

NEXT TIME ON PSYCH

For this year's PBA fundraiser, Lassiter is running a reenactment of a famous Civil War battle. But when a carefully choreographed "death" in rehearsal turns out to be real, Shawn and Gus join the regiment to uncover the truth: this was no accident, it was murder. Check out an all-new episode of Psych this Friday at 10/9C!

By the way, the main character is calling himself Captain Crunch as a Union soldier... with a red kepi.

We don't get NO respect.

Hey, it figures!!! They always make us out to be wacko's or something!! :mad: Wasnt' there a recent episode of CSI or something that had to do with a reenactor guy wearing a corset? I missed it but saw the previews. Kind of glad I don't have cable or anything!?!?

John1862
08-06-2006, 10:17 PM
...with a reenactor guy wearing a corset ...

Wait, we're not supposed to?

Scottish Songbird
08-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Wait, we're not supposed to?

Hmm....so you've tried one??? Let's hear the story....;)

Kimmel
08-06-2006, 10:53 PM
Hmm....so you've tried one??? Let's hear the story....;)

Well.... this one time... I uhhh... :-)

VaTrooper
08-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Was it in Band Camp?

Kimmel
08-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Was it in Band Camp?

No.. it was Berdan camp... :-) lol

Stiggs
08-07-2006, 05:08 AM
“And what role would I play in the midst of all those hardcore, down to the last detail Civil War reenactors?”

Don't worry, they're probably referring to someone else.

Rob Weaver
08-07-2006, 09:50 AM
I remember a "Matlock" plot a dozen years ago or so that involved a murder at a Civil War reenactment, in a relatively plausible fashion, too. We seemed to have survived that blow. If the writers of mystery whodunits, in print or on screen, were really that influential, the gentlemanly profession of butlering would have been killed long ago.

Shortround
08-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Seems that the clip is fairly dead on. The reenactor is saying "eating rotten meat is valor" and the real guy, an African American, is asking how he would realistically fit in.

People are picking on the details. The main message is on target.

bill watson
08-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Very often we object to these shows because they so accurately describe what we've all seen. That is, we aren't stung by the false portrait, but by the true one. Eh?

Bill_Cross
08-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Very often we object to these shows because they so accurately describe what we've all seen. That is, we aren't stung by the false portrait, but by the true one. Eh?
I offer up the "South Park" send-up of our hobby as evidence.

Forquer
08-07-2006, 12:26 PM

How many folks remember the classic South Park with the S'mores Schnapps? Spot on and d*mn funny. Bill's right. In many cases, the truth hurts.

Of course, I only caught bits and pieces in the preview where they have Gus (yes, I've been watching the show regularly since it came on) in uniform but it looked like quite the ensemble: LIGHT Artillery shako, HEAVY Artillery frock...........It will be a fun Friday night, just picking out minutiae.

Folks really need to lighten up about this stuff and grow a thicker chuck of hide. At least it's not like that abortion of a show the History Channel ran a few years ago ("The Unfinished Civil War) that made us all out to be racists, as well as idiots.

Pvt Schnapps
08-07-2006, 12:28 PM
How many folks remember the classic South Park with the S'mores Schnapps? Spot on and d*mn funny. Bill's right. In many cases, the truth hurts.

Drat! My first name has been revealed to the world...

FWL
08-07-2006, 12:32 PM
How many folks remember the classic South Park with the S'mores Schnapps?

Schnapps was on South Park? Did Red Karl get any converts? Strange. He's everywhere.

Regards
Frank Lilley
Sore Foot Mess
Detached

Forquer
08-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Drat! My first name has been revealed to the world...

Mr. Schaffner -

If "Cosmo" Kramer came out, it's high time you did too! :p