PDA

View Full Version : Results of Loyalst Arms experience

RebelCapt
08-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Please see the thread Loyalist Arms Good or Bad I posted there my experience with them thus far. Here is the end result.
Yes we did have a problem with the 1847 cav carbine I ordered - but a better service to settle the problem can not be had. Blair Higgins and his staff are a dream to work with all by email -- albiet don't expect a quick answer Friday afternoon to Monday afternoon for obvious reasons.
The resulting issue with the gun was a hammer to nipple problem, easily fixed.
Loyalist covered the cost of shipping to Canada and expressed it back at thier expense - I'm betting they took a loss on the musket. The musket works just fine now.
The workmanship I would say is excellent. I can't say what kind of wood they are using -- it does seem lighter then the italians, but I liked the finish. No plastic urathane. The half cock is huge and solid and the force of the hammer strike is great. You could have fingers like keilbassa and cap this thing.
It is a nice touch to not have all the modern markings.
If there is something your eye sees in any of thier weaponss that you think is inaccurate - Tell them!! They want to know! They want to make it right on the next production run.
All in all we in the 2nd MD Cav feel Loyalist Arms deserves the chance to earn a place in the US market.

John1862
08-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Chris, thats great info, thanks for the post. That was all that I needed to finally figure out who my next firearm will be made by.

Thanks;

Indyguy
08-07-2006, 03:30 AM
It's timely that I found this post as I am planning on buying a weapon soon and I did not know of Loyalist until tonite. The price was lower and they looked good on the web site. I might get one just to save a few bucks. And they do say they will make it right.

MStuart
08-07-2006, 06:27 AM
Chris:

The willingness to listen and possibly change a few things is good news, indeed. If they'd cut down the barrell of their Tower Enfield carbine a few inches, it'd be a fairly respectable reproduction. I was initially very skeptical and took them for an attempt at cheap knock-offs. Perhaps I was wrong.

Mark

Forquer
08-07-2006, 12:37 PM
It's timely that I found this post as I am planning on buying a weapon soon and I did not know of Loyalist until tonite. The price was lower and they looked good on the web site. I might get one just to save a few bucks. And they do say they will make it right.

Just be advised, that their Enfield is smoothbore.

VaTrooper
08-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Has anyone compared their M42 to an original or even a Euroarms? I hate comparing photos. The price is very nice on them.

warhoundOH
08-16-2006, 06:28 PM
guys,

having trouble accessing site.I would appreciate it if somone could send me a link directly to the '42 page.

thanks

VaTrooper
08-16-2006, 06:40 PM
http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/springfield1842.html

ewtaylor
08-17-2006, 08:09 AM
but I thought the Harpers Ferry muskets had the "Harpers Ferry hump" on the lockplate?
ew taylor

VaTrooper
08-17-2006, 10:17 AM
I may be wrong here but I dont think the hump started till the M55 because of its use with the roll of paper primers.

Cav_Maj
08-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Mark,
I have one of their Tower Carbines. It's a very nice and light weapon, easy to handle,though it is a smoothbore .65 cal. They do a lot of trade in the UK and it's my understanding that in the UK you can have a smoothbore, but, nothing rifled. If you'ld like to look at it, I plan on being at CC in Oct. Contact me off fourm and I'll bring it with me, I'll be in the DNV HQ Camp with Mark and all.

Regards,

Smokey

VaTrooper
08-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Anyone else out there want to share their Loyalist Arms experiance?