PDA

View Full Version : Band Wanted for Parade

Hancock the Superb
03-21-2009, 03:04 PM
Hello All,

I have a question for you. I am somewhat acquainted with the hobby of reenacting and infact involved with it, I do most of my reenacting in Illinois. Here's my question, I am a officer with the 4th Infantry Division at a D-Day simulation. It's the world's largest paintball game, and I lead a company of US Troops. It's set up to model D-Day, at the start of the game, the game takes it's own course. Two armies square off against each other, the Allied and German sides. Each with fully staffed with Divisions and regiments. I try to provide as much fun for the guys under my command as possible. There is a parade on Friday, I was wondering if there any civil war Field bands near Joplin, or Southern Missouri. They would play just on Friday afternoon and that's it. I'm wondering how much would it cost to hire a fife and drum band to play for a hour and a half (if that.) It would be on Friday June 12th I want the 4th Infantry Division to come in style, as we have been since 2006. Just tunes like Old 1812, Yankee Doodle, and Battle Hymn of the Republic, When Johnny comes marching home, Frog in the Well and anything you want. There would also be compensation if needed. Really, it's just for the afternoon, around 30 minutes of actual marching, and most of it is stop then go type parade. That's it. I'm sure you all have alot more contacts than I do, and would be extremely appreciative if you can point me in the right direction!
Thanks!

Best Regards, Kevin Skiera
CO Charlie Company
8th Regiment, 4th Infantry Division
A.E.F., Oklahoma D-Day