PDA

View Full Version : campaigner/progressive in NY or NJ

REBfrmNY
08-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Hello to all
Myself and a friend are looking for a campaigner/progressive unit in the New York, New Jersey area that does a ANV impression if you know of one or are a member of a unit that would be considered a campaigner/progressive unit please post on this thread or drop me a PM
Thank you
Daniel Harhangi

AP Hill
08-04-2006, 10:21 AM
1.) Try http://www.bonnieblue.net/

The 1st Division ANV

I believe their 8th battalion has outfits from the NY/NJ area. I am not sure if it would satisfy your interest in a campaign unit.

2.) I do know another organization that is more campaign oriented. The bulk of the membership are not in your area...but if you dont care they probably dont either.

http://www.confederatemilitaryforces.bravehost.com/

Anders
08-19-2006, 07:15 AM
If dual impressions intrigue you, check out www.chesapeakevolunteerguard.org

Pards,

ejazzyjeff
08-29-2006, 08:28 AM
The 3rd Arkansas Co. A. is based in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We portray the 3rd Arkansas Company A and the 15th Arkansas Company C. We are a proud member of the 8th Battalion of the ANV. We partipate in several major reenactments and many local events each year. We also conduct living histories.

If you are interested in exploring the every day life of a soldier in the War Between the States go to our web site: http://yell-rifles.tripod.com for more information.

AP Hill
08-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Dude, let us know what you decide...all of us Im sure are curious.

Good luck/with whomever you go with...

Ambrose

REBfrmNY
08-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Well if we joined one of these units it wouldnít be until next season I havenít been in contact with my friend for the past couple of days but he was leaning heavily towards the 3rd Alabama, I am still undecided thank you for your responses.

Daniel Harhangi

AP Hill
08-30-2006, 06:37 PM
...I guess some units are getting toward the end of their season.

You may not get in the field until '07..but you could spend the winter gearing up.

Christmastime is giving time...maybe there will be a Enfield under the tree?...;)

Ambrose

REBfrmNY
08-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Iíll be in the field but not as much as I like hopefully next year my friend will have a car hopefully. Right now Iím working on fazing out my farby gear I just got a Starbuck kepi and Iím hoping to get my Richmond depot trousers from Ben Tart soon and later this week a Miroku Springfield itís a work in progress but thatís what a summer job is for.

Daniel Harhangi

AP Hill
08-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Those are amongst the best sutlers...and you cant go wrong.

Keep in mind tho' that sometime an established unit can loan stuff...provide guidance,and maybe get ya' a discount.

A.

JMByrnes
08-31-2006, 05:34 AM
For your consideration check out www.7thtenn.org. We are apart of the Confederate Military Forces (CMF), and I think our organization might be right up your alley. If you have any questions PM me.

pards,